2011 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

DesignerCurls

Just checking in...no rules broken!
I might use a heat pass next week to do a length check and trim. Still not exactly sure yet. I will be flat ironing my hair at the end of Sept.

Still PSing for retention!:yep: And where it out on the weekend.

HHG...grow&retain!

goldielocs

OK, I'm in.

I am going to commit to the last 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no french fries for 2 weeks.

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge?-- Growing out layers for two weddings I'm in next year.
2. What is your current hair length? ----MBL- TBL
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed?--Natural since 1997/ Loced since 2002
4. What are your hair goals for 2011?-- Maintaining an all natural hair routine (which I've found) and finding everyday bun styles that don't pull on my edges
5. What is your hair reggie?--
a) wash/ condition weekly using ayurvedic cleansing tea (amla, neem, aritha, habiscus and methi)
b)oil nightly with vatika and mustard seed oil
c)Daily Spritz (habiscus tea, aloe vera and vitamin E oil)
d.) Buns and updo's daily w/ hair sticks
e) Tighten locs every 2 months (latch the crown/ back and twist front edges)

Pooks

Still in. I had to dust/trim about a week ago because of a Tangle Teezer induced setback. Put my hair back in my staple minibraids (no hair added) and trying to stick to my old reggie, as historically every time I leave the UK I slack off.

ZkittyKurls

so i ended up taking out my weave after 5 weeks, the blending wasnt as easy to do when its so humid out. so ive been wearing my hair in mini twists as well as regular chunky twists. i will be putting my hair in yarn braids in the beginning of august and leave those in for the rest of the summer, at least 2 months. i will be 1 year post in november! time is flying by, lets hope my hair reaches apl by then. *fingerz crossed*

gvin89

I'm still here...no rules broken. I've been in kinky twists since the beginning of June. I hope to keep these end til the end of this month and then get another set installed or a sew-in (haven't made up my mind). I hope to reach SL by the end of the year.

curlydream

I'd like to join this challenge. This will be my first challenge on LHCF.

I am going to commit to the remaining 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequences for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new hair products, hair accessories, or earrings for 1 month.

1. What is your purpose for joining this challenge? I am trying to establish a healthy hair regimen and want to grow out my hair while transitioning.
2. What is your current hair length? Just past shoulder length
3. Are you Natural or Relaxed? Transitioning, last relaxer was 12/26/10
4. What are your hair goals for 2011? Reaching APL, finding a good simple regimen, learning how to bun and rollerset. Ending new growth dryness and limiting breakage.
5. What is your hair reggie?--
Weekly- washing and DCing, possibly prepooing with ORS Hair Mayo. I lightly detangle with the deep conditioner in my hair and then really detangle with my leave in Kinky Curly or Elucence mb conditioner. I rollerset afterwards and place in a bun. I clarify every other week. I moisturize and seal 1-2 times daily. I think I am protein sensitive so I'm trying to use more moisturizing products. At night my hair is wrapped in a scarf or I make sure to sleep on the satin pillowcase. I take 3000 mg MSM daily and will start using the Bee Mine Hair serum w/ sulfur this weekend. I also need to work on drinking enough water and eating enough protein.

I hope to maintain this regimen at least until my b-day in September. Wish me luck and I'll get some pictures of my hair up next weekend.

aa9746

No rules broken since the one pass I used in June. Thinking about using another pass, not sure yet.

aa9746

Checking in: No heat used since second pass

*Has the 2012 LHCF Bootcamp Challenge started up yet? I'm ready to sign up for 2012:yep:

aa9746

End of year challenge picture and starting pic. for 2012.

Attachments

• Dec.2011[1].jpg
    Dec.2011[1].jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 11

gvin89

Well, guess this is the end of Bootcamp...I did not break any rules. Definitely a good way to get in a routine and develop a regimen.