2011 OCT/MegaTek Challenge

Ijanei

My hair is on the grow...I'm so happy. I can not say what exactly is doing it since i have a mix of things going on here but it is definitely growing

itismehmmkay

I just bought some OCT so I'm in :yep: I'll start next week when I get my shipment and since I wash daily anyway, I plan to use it daily b/w my shampoo and conditioner. Man! I'm ready!

PolarCathy

Hi ladies,

Well not much to say as first-time poster, maybe that I have spent the last couple of days reading up on Mega-Tek and I will start applying it hopefully tomorrow. I have Caucasian hair though. Will be lurking so do post pics :ninja:

Happy growing!

Polar

PS. When I registered I of course saw that this forum is for, I quote, "women of color" and I am Caucasian. But hair growth is hair growth regardless of "color" and the information I found here on Mega-Tek among other things is abundant. (Am I welcome?)
Just by reading all those threads about MT since 2008 (yes, the monster thread too) I can say it was worthwhile for me. :yep: :yep: :yep:

Last edited:

Divafied3

Hi ladies,

Well not much to say as first-time poster, maybe that I have spent the last couple of days reading up on Mega-Tek and I will start applying it hopefully tomorrow. I have Caucasian hair though. Will be lurking so do post pics :ninja:

Happy growing!

Polar

PS. When I registered I of course saw that this forum is for, I quote, "women of color" and I am Caucasian. But hair growth is hair growth regardless of "color" and the information I found here on Mega-Tek among other things is abundant. (Am I welcome?)
Just by reading all those threads about MT since 2008 (yes, the monster thread too) I can say it was worthwhile for me. :yep: :yep: :yep:

Question...Are you here to grow some hair. If the answer to that question is YES Than go ahead and post your starting pics in the thread I post in the 1st post. Also Welcome to the Challenge, LHCF and HHG (Happy Hair Growing) :grin::grin::grin:

itismehmmkay

So I just got my shipment and plan to use 2-3 times a week.

How are you all using yours?

Are you washing your hair first before applying?
Are you letting it sit for an hour?

I wash my hair daily anyway, but I usually do have a stop in my regimen where I let something sit for 1hr before continuing w/ the regimen. Now for my weekly hotoil, I do usually put it on hair I haven't washed an let it sit while I'm in the bathtub or something. I'm thinking of doing the OTC on Mondays and Wednesdays and continue my hot oils on Fridays.

Divafied3

So I just got my shipment and plan to use 2-3 times a week.

How are you all using yours?

Are you washing your hair first before applying?
Are you letting it sit for an hour?

I wash my hair daily anyway, but I usually do have a stop in my regimen where I let something sit for 1hr before continuing w/ the regimen. Now for my weekly hotoil, I do usually put it on hair I haven't washed an let it sit while I'm in the bathtub or something. I'm thinking of doing the OTC on Mondays and Wednesdays and continue my hot oils on Fridays.

I don't do anything the day I apply it. I let it sit in over night and cowash it out the next day.

kittikat24

Great thread! I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but COUNT ME IN!!!

I just literally dusted off:look: my old bottle of MT I haven't used in a while. I just got lazy and didn't feel like applying..well now I'm ready to grow some hair!
(Starting pic coming soon) ps) How do I measure natural hair?

Prudent1

Just checking in. I will do an official update with pics in June. I have gotten some great results w/MT since this Feb. I did have a set back and had to cut about 1/2" or more b/c of splits from a TT. Hopefully I will still reach my next length goal by my June update!!

YoursTrulyRE

Just got my MT today. Will be joining the challenge. Does anyone use MT and sulfur together? I plan on alt. days. (apply MT wed and sun and sulfur (claudie's) mon, tues, thurs, fri)

Prudent1

Just got my MT today. Will be joining the challenge. Does anyone use MT and sulfur together? I plan on alt. days. (apply MT wed and sun and sulfur (claudie's) mon, tues, thurs, fri)
YoursTrulyRE,
I do:yep:. I pretty much rotate days like you have posted above here. I have read threads where others do this as well. Make sure you up your DC and have the anti-shedding tool of choice (tea, garlic, etc) on hand in case you find you are protein sensitive or shed like some women do. HHG!

YoursTrulyRE

@YoursTrulyRE,
I do:yep:. I pretty much rotate days like you have posted above here. I have read threads where others do this as well. Make sure you up your DC and have the anti-shedding tool of choice (tea, garlic, etc) on hand in case you find you are protein sensitive or shed like some women do. HHG!

Thanks. I plan on using my alter ego garlic condish after I let the MT sit on my scalp (under heat cap) for 10-30 min. Not sure about doing it overnight unless I'm just being lazy.

Ijanei

I'm still using it every other day. My bottle is almost out so I will reorder soon. I say my growth is coming in great so far

Amazhaan

I was looking for this thread earlier... I don't know what happened.

Anywho... I'm going to change up the way I apply this a bit, because I'm just not seeing any results so far. So I am going to start applying it directly to my scalp after washing/cowashing.

Previously I'd apply it after washing/cowashing, and applying a leave-in. After reading some threads, it seems that MT does work better on a damp/wet scalp.

I hope this adjustment works.

Ijanei

New ingredients with mine. No longer using MN because I ran out. Now I'm mixing my MT with texas cedarwood, rosemary and wintergreen oil...it tingles a little and smells great, it's supposed to promote health and growth for the scalp, I also add in brahmi oil and castor oil. I also alternate every other day between wgo and my MT mix. HHG ladies.

I am also doing deep conditioning with evoo (pre-poo).

How are you ladies making out?

gorgeoushair

Please share your recommendations ladies:

I need a moisturizing DC (wash out) that is protein-free, cones-free, etc. Any recommendations??? I'm using MT/OCT and have been using Gio Smooth as Silk Conditioner as a DC
until I realized it has soy protein towards the bottom of the ingredients list.

So now, what can I use?

GVP Conditioning Balm from Sally's is a very good moisturizing DC w/ no protein. I love it:)

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Evidently I saved the wrong challenge thread to my subscriptions.....anywho, I am still using MT on the length of my hair. It seems to be working out well for me.

Divafied3

Hey Ladies! I just wanted to pop in and to see how all is doing. I've slacked off, but I'm going to go strong to the finish. Hope everyone is growing strong!

Divafied3

Also Ladies would any of you like to keep this thing going for the rest of the year? I know I say till the end of June, but I think I may just keep using it till the end of the year. We can stil post are pic in june and than again in Dec.

Just let me know what you think....

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
LOL...I'm trying to make APL and got lots of MT so I will be here. I know we got some lurkers too.

Divafied3

mzteaze you right we do got some major lurkers. We only got about 100 post yet this thread has been viewed over 6,464 times....come on now! Hahahaha

Amazhaan

I decided that the MegaTek just isn't working for me, so I went back to OCT. It really grew out some damaged hair that I had last year.

So now I am rinsing my hair at night and applying the OCT to my damp scalp and letting it sit overnight and CW/DC in the morning. I've been trying to do this at least 3 times a week.

adamson

I'm one of the lurkers :look:

I have some MT and may start using it regularly to 'oil' my scalp. My hair's in braids, though, and I don't want to overdo using protein.

Last edited:

Divafied3

Amazhaan I'm happy to hear that you found what works for you!

adamson you can join us if you like. This challenge is almost over, but mzteaze and myself will be going until we get what we want. Just post your pics in the thread in the 1st post.

Ijanei

I have a little bit left in the bottle then I am done. So I'm still in and probably will continue until the end of the year.