2011 Stick to the Reggies Challenge

indarican

Ladies lets not forget to post up starting pictures by January 1st. and also to have your reggies posted as well.

cia_garces

I am such a crazy person. I'm sittin' here thinking "I know I'm in this challenge. Why don't I see my name in the list of challengers? Hey, why don't I see my post?" I'm a crazy kook. :spinning:

Hair type: Thick, Relaxed 4a/b
Length: A little past SL

Regimen
* Shampoo once a week with CON Detangling Conditioning Shampoo
* Co-wash once a week with Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner
* DC with each shampoo/co-wash with AO HSR or Silk Elements deep conditioner
* Apply leave-ins after DC (Leave ins I use: HE LTR, Redekn Iron Repair, Design Essentials Hydrating Leave-in)
* Air dry w/Scarf Method
* If I MUST blow dry, only do so with One n Only Argan Oil or CHI Silk Infusion
* M&S with Hydratherma Daily Moisturizing Lotion and Hydratherma Oils
* Massage JBCO into scalp at least twice a week
* Spray Scurl on new growth to soften
* Clarify monthly
* DC with protein monthly
* Baggy weekly
* Flat iron rarely
* Relax every 2-3 months
* Trim every 3 months if needed

HauteHippie

Happy New Year, ladies! Is everyone ready for this challenge?

I've fallen off of the sulfur/water my hair part of my reggie while traveling (I should have bought small empty bottles), but I'll be back on track once I get home.

I went ahead and posted my starting pics (Dec) for the year! They're on the 1st page.

HHG

tdc1978

Is it too late? I would like to join, following a regimen is soo hard for me. But I think this is the year.

My Regimen:
Braiding in small/mid size braids for one month and wearing my wig
washing and conditioning weekly with braids still in,
tea rinse and/or condition with spray and oil and baggy 2x per week
Every 2 months do protein treatment (aphogee), detangling and then rebraiding.

indarican

Hey ladies sorry I havent posted in a while my computer decided it wanted to crash for christmas/new years... But IM BACK and the challenge is definetly underway. so how is everyone doing??

CrownCola

I've realized in trying to force a product regimen on myself these past few weeks, that I've had one for a while. It just isn't product specific. Instead, I rotate many products depending on my haur's need. My regimen is to go with the flow using the products I know. (Unintentional rhyme)

Soaking with Shea butter/olive oil
Shampoo/Deep condition in shower
Detangle/remove sheds in shower
Band or braid until mostly dry
Blowdry on cool, stretching further with Nexxus heat therapy brush.
Maxiglide, and wrap or pin curl.

When battling the frizzies, or boredom, switch to braidouts, twistouts, or Bantu knot outs.

Break glass for wig in case of emergency.

Will post pics tonight.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I would like to join! I know what I'm supposed to be doing with my hair, but I just don't do it anymore. But last night, I had to cut off two inches of ends because I got tired of looking at them, and I don't want to have to do that again.
So here I am. My wash day regimen is going to be:

1. Use Aphogee 2 Minute for 20 - 45 minutes, no heat.
2. Shampoo with and Organix Shampoo, usually Hydrating Tea Tree and Mint. I may switch to Nexxus Therappe in the upcoming days.
3. Deep condition between one hour and overnight with Nexxus Humectress and Vatika Oil.
4. Use Porosity Control for 1 minute.
5. Apply leave-ins and serum...I cycle between Lacio Lacio, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, and Pureology leave-ins. I always use a bit of Chi Silk Infusion or Argan Oil, and a bit of castor oil.
6. Rollerset

And my daily regimen will just be to baggy my ends at night, seal them in morning with castor oil, and then bun them.
My hair looks a mess now (haven't washed in two weeks :blush:) but this week, I'll be rectifying the situation and will have pics then. :yep:

indarican

I would like to join! I know what I'm supposed to be doing with my hair, but I just don't do it anymore. But last night, I had to cut off two inches of ends because I got tired of looking at them, and I don't want to have to do that again.
So here I am. My wash day regimen is going to be:

1. Use Aphogee 2 Minute for 20 - 45 minutes, no heat.
2. Shampoo with and Organix Shampoo, usually Hydrating Tea Tree and Mint. I may switch to Nexxus Therappe in the upcoming days.
3. Deep condition between one hour and overnight with Nexxus Humectress and Vatika Oil.
4. Use Porosity Control for 1 minute.
5. Apply leave-ins and serum...I cycle between Lacio Lacio, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, and Pureology leave-ins. I always use a bit of Chi Silk Infusion or Argan Oil, and a bit of castor oil.
6. Rollerset

And my daily regimen will just be to baggy my ends at night, seal them in morning with castor oil, and then bun them.
My hair looks a mess now (haven't washed in two weeks :blush:) but this week, I'll be rectifying the situation and will have pics then. :yep:

Welcome welcome!!

destine2grow

Just wanted to check in and say that I'm still following my regi! I'm also trying to use up some of my products and stop buying new ones! How is it going for you ladies?

CrownCola

Oh no!!! What happened!!! Can you get back on track?

I was not keeping consistent. I was doing everything on schedule, but I've been washing 2x a week (which for me, means pressing, flatironing, and sometimes blowfrying :lol: twice a week.) I'm currently installing micro Senegalese twists, which should be a nice break.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App