201105-30 - Username requests

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Ladies,

The Username Request feature that is available to all subscribed members, allows you to change your username in order to correct a typo or just to change it to something better.

This feature has been heavily abused by some members who changed their username in order to bring negativity in the forum and get away with it.

Effective immediately, all members are only allowed to change their username only one time. We will be checking whether you have requested a username in the past and if you have, the request will be declined. Repeated requests will result in an infraction.

Please familiarize yourselves again with the rules of the forum.

Twix

We're punishing the majority for the sins of the minority? Why not just ban the offending members? If they don't want to act like grown-ups, then handle them like children; you abuse your toy, it gets taken away. Sorry, I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this. I haven't been here in quite some time, so I don't know what situations you might be referring to, but I don't think it's too relevant to understanding this.

Geminigirl

I kinda agree twix, I have thought of changing my name,but I love my name. What if someone changes their name and wants to go back to their old, then your stuck. I probably will never change I'm just saying. There has to be another way to track this.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Twix

I kinda agree twix, I have thought of changing my name,but I love my name. What if someone changes their name and wants to go back to their old, then your stuck. I probably will never change I'm just saying. There has to be another way to track this.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

We all have a user number. I think that that stays the same, no matter what our name is. Similarly, the accounts should have the same email address, since that's typically paid to the Paypal account you paid with (I think. Pretty sure though).

That's why I find this confusing. I mostly like my username; can't think of why I'd change it aside from the fact that it was an ex's nickname. But uh... Yes. Twix is Twix forever. =]

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
This is why we allow changing your username once. Please note that the majority of users never changes their name and some just change it due to typos. The rule is in effect to address the abuse of this feature.