2012 Ceramides Challenge (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeSGee

Moisturized today using Taliah waaijid Protective Mist Bodifier (wheat Germ 2nd ingredient) and sealed with EVCO.

LimitedEdition

I got a hair cut a few days ago. I back at BSL but very happy with the health and bounce of my hair. Still on the Hot 6/Castor oil wagon and rocking pin curls.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Every wash day I use wheat germ oil before dry detangling. I use hemp periodically throughout the week. My hair does well with wheat germ and hemp.

kupenda

Added hemp oil to my aloe and rosemary spritz. Used it yesterday. Then added more hemp oil today and covered with a baggy to help with softening the new growth. Also added hemp oil to today's DCer

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I finally purchased Hemp Seed Oil. I'll be using it as a pre-poo. I hope my hair likes it! :)

OMG... Hemp Seed Oil is my new baby daddy. :drunk:

My hair was in a twist/braid out and felt soft, but was clearly dry. (I had set the twist out with Qhemet ATHB and HBTG on damp hair several days prior.) Then I added hemp oil in sections, massaged my scalp a bit, and my hair was instantly super duper uber soft and felt moist, but not greasy. I know oil does not add water to hair but :blush: the difference was marked.

Thanks to tiffers, IDareT'sHair, bajandoc86, halee_J and Lita for helping me choose a new oil to add to my stash. I wonder if HSO can replace my use of grape seed? Will I need castor oil anymore? Oh, the 'problems' of a hair addict. :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
NappyNelle

Yes, HSO is definitely the Business. It gives amazing shine. It's Bling-a-licious.:lick:

And it just keeps getting better & better with HSO.:grin:

As you continue to use it, you'll see a cumulative effect of all it's goodness.:lol:

Ms. Tiki

I couldn't give up my fav oils. I know I'm supposed to cut back on certain oils and protein. So, I cut other product with protein and kept my fav oil.Yesterday, I added avocado oil, wheatgerm oil, and EVOO to my prepoo. Then I add my absolute fav, hemp oil, and EVOO to my DC. I meant to add macadamia oil but I was too lazy to go get it out of my container.

I think I will do a HOT with my red palm and macadamia. I luv sealing with red palm. Wonder if a red palm and castor mix will work well. RP works well to hold down my edges when used with a scarf.

NowIAmNappy

OMG... Hemp Seed Oil is my new baby daddy. :drunk:

My hair was in a twist/braid out and felt soft, but was clearly dry. (I had set the twist out with Qhemet ATHB and HBTG on damp hair several days prior.) Then I added hemp oil in sections, massaged my scalp a bit, and my hair was instantly super duper uber soft and felt moist, but not greasy. I know oil does not add water to hair but :blush: the difference was marked.

Thanks to @tiffers, @IDareT'sHair, @bajandoc86, @halee_J and @Lita for helping me choose a new oil to add to my stash. I wonder if HSO can replace my use of grape seed? Will I need castor oil anymore? Oh, the 'problems' of a hair addict. :lol:

Where did you get your hemp oil from?

Lita

Dampen my hair with water applied Hairtage macadamia/lavender on length,Sealed With RICE BRAN Oil & applied Hairitage cooling down cream on scalp...Rosemary Pomade on edges...

Happy Hair Growing!

Ms. Tiki

I'm trying to think of a good mix to put in my oil mister to use when my hair is flat ironed. Something moisturizing (oil only) that won't weigh my hair down. I figure the base will be coconut oil.

Any suggestions?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am doing a Nexxus Emergencee session right now but I will add some WGO/Safflower oil to my DC in a few mins and I will seal with WGO/Coconut/Safflower oil after rinsing out DC.

Last edited:

Ms. Tiki

Thanks ladies for you suggestions. I love hemp but I thought it would be to heavy. Now you have me rethinking how much to use. I'm putting it in my mister so I have to have 1/3 C oil total

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
My hair is still incredibly soft... the only difference in my regimen has been adding the hemp seed oil. My hair is loose but pinned up in this cold weather, and usually, I need to spritz and seal to combat dryness from the wind. Well today, I didn't need anything and my hair feels like a baby's! It's very fluffy, defined, and non-greasy; I haven't added anything to my hair since Sunday's steaming session. Yep, castor oil has officially been replaced.

miss cosmic

i am so thrilled with my hair right now. i've been trying to find a routine that will give me hair that feels soft after washing as my hair usually feels rough to the touch when wet. apple cider rinses have not helped with this issue at all.
today i applied wheatgerm oil and let that sit for two hours. i was going to leave it for just an hour but i got busy doing something.
[the wheatgerm oil i used is a brand i've never used before. it says 100% pure wheatgerm oil, but it had very little of that disgusting wheatgerm smell. it says vacuum-extracted on the bottle].

i then applied l'oreal elvive total repair restoring mask [it has hydrolyzed wheat protein and 'pro-keratin' and 'ceramides'] on top of the wheatgerm and let that sit for about an hour and a half.
then i jumped in the shower and poured grapeseed oil over each section, then rinsed each section under the shower.
my hair was sooooo soft, it was unbelievable. if it's closed cuticles that make hair feel soft/smooth when wet, then my cuticles were closed tighter than...a really tightly closed thing.
it was amazing.

i want to wash my hair again just so i can marvel at hour smooth and soft it feels!

Last edited:

Poutchi

So I have been lurking for while and even ordered some hemp seed oil and butter and it s still in the mail... I think my hair might need these ceramides ...
My last relaxer was almost 2 years ago and I am no where near other people I see on these forum growth wise. I did got it cut ( about 3 inches trimmed away) in December before I left for vacation but still... I think I have porosity and thus breakage issues... Hope this will help me reach my APL goal for this year...
HHJ to all :)

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Rice bran oil is great for conditioning pressed hair. I have been coating my ends with it since my trim and I like that it keeps them from tangling.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Previously, I was trying to seal with ceramides but didn't see a true benefit, that is until I incorporated it on wash day. I'm still using wheat germ as a pre-wash detangling agent on dry hair. I'm also using it for oil rinsing.

Once I'm finished with my wheat germ (about 1/4 bottle left), I'll rotate in my hemp and use it in the same manner. My hair has experienced significant improvement since incorporating ceramides each wash day. I'm seeing less and less breakage - knock on wood. ETA: And, my post-wash hair detangles and combs so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.