2012 Ceramides Challenge (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimitedEdition

Im in as well. Im using Hot six oil and DC-ing with various AO conditioners. I really love the results Ive seen you guys receive and even with inconsistent use I like the way my hair feels lately! I've only been using them for about 3 weeks so far but Lets see where March lands me!

Currently rocking a twistout done with AO HSR. Sealing today with hot 6 oil.

cherryhair123

What ceramide oils/products will you be using? Hemp/ WGO/ and AO Conditioner

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc) DC/Leave-In/Sealing

How often will you be using them?
Every Day

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
What ceramide oils/products will you be using? Aubrey Organics products, Cream of Nature Original Formula, Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango Cholesterol

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)
Shampooing with Cream of Nature Original Formula Shampoo (Green)
DC'ing with Aubrey Organincs HSR and GPB and Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango Cholesterol

How often will you be using them? Every 2 weeks

Last edited:

nakialovesshoes

CWed w/AOGPB today & moisturized w/my homemade WG/AV/CO pudding. I've been using AOHR, too, & never realized they had ceramides in them.

curlyhersheygirl

Please add me. I use ceramides religiously to seal ,moisturize, pre-poo, HOT and oil rinse.

I'll come back and list my ceramides

cutenss

@halee_J :wave:I didn't grab my steamer to participate in the steamer challenge, BUT I did grab my ceramide oil mixture from the frig(won't be home for six weeks, working in another city), anywhoo, I'M IN! :woot:

I will be prepooing only with my cutenss ceramide concoction of: hemp seed, grapeseed, sunflower, coconut, and castor oils. I will eventually incorporate wheat germ oil into this mixture

I will do this twice a week(Sunday and Thursday) before I WEN. I will start on Thursday. I JUST washed :yep:

Last edited:

Coffee

I'm in, I'll be using:

What ceramide oils/products will you be using?
Wheat Germ
Satinique Ceremide Infusion System
Matrix Biolage Cera Repair Pro
Grapeseed - 73% ceramides
Hempseed
Safflower - 78% ceramides
Poppyseed oil
Sunflower

DC, leave in, sealing and sometimes pre poo

Daily

Last edited:

kupenda

Applied grapeseed oil to my strands and added some to my castor scalp massage mix.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Coffee

List of % of ceramides in various oils. Not sure if this info has been listed or not, but here it is again!!

Safflower oil 78%
Grape seed oil 73%
Poppyseed oil 70%
Sunflower oil 68%
Hemp oil 60%
Corn oil 59%
Wheat germ oil 55%
Cottonseed oil 54%
Soybean oil 51%
Walnut oil 51%
Sesame oil 45%
Rice bran oil 39%
Pistachio oil 32.7%
Peanut oil 32% [17]
Canola oil 21%
Egg yolk 16%
Linseed oil 15%
Lard 10%
Olive oil 10%
Palm oil 10%
Cocoa butter 3%
Macadamia oil 2%
Butter 2%
Coconut oil 2%

Last edited:

ecornett

i will be using wgo and hso

as a overnight prepoo, and a deep condish, maybe a leave in if i can make wgo smell good:lol:

at least once a week

candy626

I will be using: LustraSilk Olive Oil Cholesterol, Sally's Ion Jojoba Flat Iron Cream

I use the lustrasilk cholesterol for wash n go's , and before rollersets. I use the jojoba flat iron craem before rollersets also sometimes.

Duff

I'm in!!
I've already did one overnight deep condition with Sunflower oil. I also use ASR too.:grin:

I'm looking for more oils to try though....

Last edited:

kupenda

Shampooed and put grapeseed oil on my strands before coating in conditioner for my DC session

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

AyannaDivine

Id like to join! I use safflower or grapeseed oil for an overnight preepoo. I've been doing this for a little over a month and can totally tell a difference in the condition of my hair. My hair retains moisture better than ever, stays soft and always has a nice sheen. I'm looking forward to trying some hemp oil!

Sent from my M860 using M860

Ms. Tiki

Wheat Germ, Hempseed, Sunflower, (not sure if I want to keep using Grapeseed), Safflower, Macadamia, Avocado, AOHSR

All the above!!! I normally only use WGO in my prepoo. I also mix oils

Daily. I have my oil mix in a bottle with condish and rose water that I use as my daily moisturizing spritz

Last edited:

cherryhair123

Wheat Germ, Hempseed, Sunflower, not sure if I want to keep using Grapeseed, Safflower, Macadamia, Avocado, AOHSR

All the above!!! I normally only use WGO in my prepoo. I also mix oils

Daily. I have my oil mix in a bottle with condish and rose water that I use as my daily moisturizing spritz

Hi Ms Tiki
Is there a reason you are considering not using the listed oils?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm in:yep: WGO, AOHSR and Gleau oil blend (which has wgo). I seal about every other day with gleau and use wgo during my steam treatments and HOTs.

Used Gleau tonight....

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Under the steamer now with Qhemet MTCG and hemp oil.

Steaming makes me so happy. :infatuated:

miss cosmic

Is it really true that grapeseed oil has a higher percentage of ceramides than wheatgerm oil? i'm really surprised.
Why da heyl have i been torturing myself with that awful stink???

Weekly wash today, will use grapeseed oil (it's cheaper too i think) to pre-poo.

Sent from my GT-I5500 using GT-I5500

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hey miss cosmic and Coffee those percentages that are floating around refer to a lipid called linoleic acid, which is not a ceramide. I am yet to come across any information regarding percentages of actual ceramides.

Last edited:

LimitedEdition

I'm trying to make it a habit to use both Hot 6 oil on my length and castor oil on my ends and edges with every style I do (makes sure I stick to both challenges I'm in: ceramides and castor oil)

Last night, I massaged my scalp and hairline with CO, sprayed my hair with a mixed leave in (water, KCKT, and aloe vera juice), made 4 braids, put Hot 6 oil on the length, and put CO on the ends. Rocking the braid out until further notice!

In a few days I plan to pre-poo with olive oil, clarify with a diluted shampoo (brand to be determined), DC with AO conditioner, and braid out or twist out. But you all know how the saying goes about good intentions :look:

LimitedEdition

Just wanted to add that African Royale Hot 6 oil may be an under dog. I used it as a teen, I have no reason as to why I stopped using it, I just stopped, and gave it no extra thought until recently. Here's some info:

-it's 100% natural, just oils and herbs (minus the fragrance and one "cone")
-has ceramide content (wheat germ oil)
-has high linoleic acid content (safflower and sesame oils)
-has other high quality hair oils (castor, sweet almond, and olive oils)
-smells great
-and best of all it's CHEAP (I've seen $1.99 for a bottle)

If any of you ladies hate the smell of the oil you're using, running out because the bottles are small, frustrated at the low availability, overwhelmed by the expense of some of the other oils, I highly suggest trying Hot 6 oil. And no I don't work for them or stand to profit in any way :lol:

Almost forgot to add, I love how it makes my hair feel. I only use about 2 quarter sized amounts (one for each side of my head). It absorbs well and seals in my moisture. I've been using it every 2-3 days.

If I know you ladies, someone will want to know the ingredients:

Olive Oil , Canola Oil , Wheat Germ Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Safflower Oil , Castor Oil , Sesame Oil , Vitamins E , Vitamins A , Vitamins D , Cyclomethicone , Sheep Sorrell , Yarrow , Wheat Germ , Slippery Elm Bark , Sage , Henna , Comfrey , Burdock Root , Goldenseal , Cherry Bark , Black Walnut , Chamomile , Alfalfa , Hyssop , Fragrance.

Once again it has a "cone" in it and a synthetic fragrance so if you're anti-cone and/or anti synthetic fragrances do not try this product. If not, and you have an extra $2, I say go for it!

Mische

Please add me to this challenge! I'm looking to incorporate more ceramides in 2012. Right now the only oil I have with ceramides is Silk Dreams Nourish. I'll be incorporating these through pre-poos and daily sealing.

Where are you guys getting your hemp oil for cheap online? I found an 8oz for $9 (with shipping) on Amazon but I don't want to press 'pay' until I've exhausted all options. :lol:

Edit to add other products I use containing ceramides:
Shescentit Okra Reconstructor - Wheat germ & hemp oils
Shescentit Avocado Conditioner - Grape seed oil

Last edited:

Brownie518

I'm definitely in!
These are for sealing, rinses, HOTs, and adding to DCs.
I'll be using:

Hemp seed
Rice bran
Wheat germ
SD Nourish
HTN Growth Oil

Products that contain ceramides:

Claudie's Tiffani Ceramide pomade
SD Aaliyah's blessing
Saravun Castor hair cream
Redken Anti Snap
Redken CAT
Shi Naturals creamy leave in

That's all I can think of right now. I'll be using them at every wash in one way or another. I'll be sealing with them just about every day. My hair did really well last year with ceramides!! :yep:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hey Mische that seems pretty good, vitacost.com has good prices, but not as cheap they have Nutiva hemp oil 8oz for 6.27 with 4.99 standard shipping.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I would like to join!

Planning on using soybean oil.
DAILY to seal

Will also do a HOT 1x a month with soybean oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.