2012 Ceramides Challenge (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I am yet to come across any information regarding percentages of actual ceramides.

About percentages.. I found this online::

I was googling ceramides online and I ran across a link to a thread on The Long Hair Community Forum. It shows which oils are high in ceramides, and how much of a percentage of ceramide content they have.

Safflower oil 78%
Grape seed oil 73%
Poppyseed oil 70%
Sunflower oil 68%
Hemp oil 60%
Corn oil 59%
Wheat germ oil 55%
Cottonseed oil 54%
Soybean oil 51%
Walnut oil 51%
Sesame oil 45%
Rice bran oil 39%
Pistachio oil 32.7%
Peanut oil 32% [17]
Canola oil 21%
Egg yolk 16%
Linseed oil 15%
Lard 10%
Olive oil 10%
Palm oil 10%
Cocoa butter 3%
Macadamia oil 2%
Butter 2%
Coconut oil 2%

Some of the things listed aren't oils, but it's still good to know that egg yolk contains ceramides, especially for those of us using the egg treatment.

EbonyCPrincess

I'm not going to join this challenge because I know I wouldn't "check in" regularly but I began using ceramides regularly last year and it literally changed the life of my hair. Its so much smoother and accepts protein EXTREMELY well. Lastly, its helped preserve my ends better, which is the reason I started using hemp oil in the first place! The information in the various ceramide challenge threads over the years was invaluable to me getting started on my quest to understanding the science behind ceramides.

Since it has been such a help for me, I wanted to add to the list a couple of newer products that contain ceramides that are staples in my regimen now:

Kerapro shampoo for dry to very dry hair
Kerapro Intense Treatment for dry to very dry hair (deep conditioner)
Kerapro Anti-Frizz Elixir
Rapunzel Hair Silk oil

I love all of the above and even posted about Kerapro here on the forum. Good luck ladies!!! I'll be stalking the thread every now and again!

curlyhersheygirl

Ok here are the products I will be using that contain ceramides.

Claudie's scalp elixir
Claudie's avocado intense conditioner
SSI okra reconstructor
CJ smoothing lotion
Claudie's braid spray
Claudie's garden oil
Oyin's after bath
SSI fortifying mask
Fleurtzy's conditioning hair treatment
CJ deep fix
Claudie's Isha hair cream
Claudie's Tiffani ceramide pomade
Oyin's bsp
My own oil mix ( hemp, sunflower,grapeseed, rice bran, EVOO& EVCO)

curlyhersheygirl

Last night I massaged my scalp with claudie's elixir and pre-pooed with my oil mix.

Today I'm going to oil rinse with my mix, DC with SSI okra reconstructor, moisturize with claudie's braid spray and Cj's smoothing lotion andseal with oyin's after bath.

Lita

MY PURE CERAMIDES-

Rice bran
Sesame seed
Walnut oil
Hempseed
Safflower
Pistachio oil
Soybean
Palm oil
Coconut oil
Poppyseed oil
Sunflower oil
Macadamia

Happy Hair Growing!

nakialovesshoes

DCed last night with AOGPB. I did something I shouldn't have done afterwards. I mixed some WGO & GSO into some cheapie Suave coconut conditioner & used it as a leave it. It seemed to zap the moisture right from my hair. I did my normal moisture routine w/my AV/WGO/CO mix this morning & had on a silk scarf under a wig. My hair still was feeling dry.

So I'm under my heat cap now DCing w/some AOHR. Hopefully this will turn things around.

Aggie

Stalking....No, I think I'm joining, uh no I'm stalking, awww crap, this is so hard. Limme think about it some more....Ooooh but I sooooo love me some ceramides. Darn it!

cherryhair123

Doing a HOT with sunflower oil.

Did this last night-this morning my bun looks smoother/shinier than it's ever looked
Mad at myself for ignoring this ceramide challenges so long

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326036519.636175.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326036519.636175.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 30

werenumber2

Would it lessen the effect to add one of the listed oils to say, Hairveda's Cocasta Shikakai Hair Oil or would it best to use it by itself in a pure form?

Geminigirl

Couldn't find Hot Six Oil but I did fing African Pride Olive Miracle is it a good alternative? Here are the ingredients: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persia Gratissima (Avocado) Oil [contains Vitamins B2, D, A, E, K, and Potassium], Linum Usitassimum (Flax) Seed Oil, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Pheny Trimenthicone, CI47000 (D&C Yellow 11), CI 61565 (D&C Green #6), TBHQ, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), Lanolin Oil, C12-C14 Alkyl Benzoate

chelseatiara

Couldn't find Hot Six Oil but I did fing African Pride Olive Miracle is it a good alternative? Here are the ingredients: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persia Gratissima (Avocado) Oil [contains Vitamins B2, D, A, E, K, and Potassium], Linum Usitassimum (Flax) Seed Oil, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Pheny Trimenthicone, CI47000 (D&C Yellow 11), CI 61565 (D&C Green #6), TBHQ, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), Lanolin Oil, C12-C14 Alkyl Benzoate

Geminigirl this is my back-up to Hot Six oil :yep:

greenandchic

About percentages.. I found this online::

I was googling ceramides online and I ran across a link to a thread on The Long Hair Community Forum. It shows which oils are high in ceramides, and how much of a percentage of ceramide content they have.

Safflower oil 78%
Grape seed oil 73%
Poppyseed oil 70%
Sunflower oil 68%
Hemp oil 60%
Corn oil 59%
Wheat germ oil 55%
Cottonseed oil 54%
Soybean oil 51%
Walnut oil 51%
Sesame oil 45%
Rice bran oil 39%
Pistachio oil 32.7%
Peanut oil 32% [17]
Canola oil 21%
Egg yolk 16%
Linseed oil 15%
Lard 10%
Olive oil 10%
Palm oil 10%
Cocoa butter 3%
Macadamia oil 2%
Butter 2%
Coconut oil 2%

Some of the things listed aren't oils, but it's still good to know that egg yolk contains ceramides, especially for those of us using the egg treatment.

Cool! Thanks for posting. This should go on the home page of this thread. :yep:

chelseatiara

chelseatiara thanks for the speedy response. So you still prefer Hot Six? Also do you use to seal? Do you put on scalp? Actually how do you use it?

Geminigirl I do for the smell and my hair prefers it. I use it for hot oil treatments and oil rinses and the olive oil miracle is my back up for those things. I seal now with castor oil and put that on my scalp.

AJellyCake

I'm in! I went to Whole Foods and picked up some more grapeseed oil (works well but I think it might be too light) and sunflower oil.

What ceramide oils/products will you be using?
Grapeseed! And sunflower now that I have it. Will also use WGO and hemp when I'm not going anywhere.

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)
To seal and pre-poo. Also in my scalp massage mix.

How often will you be using them?
Every day when I seal. Maybe every other day in my scalp massage mix (before cowashing). Once a week when I pre-poo.

lovely_locks

What ceramide oils/products will you be using?
I am using an avacado mixture, sesame oil seems to work the best but I cannot do the smell. :) So I will be switching between the two.
How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)
I have been using my oil for sealing
How often will you be using them?
Everyday on my ends and scalp.

cutenss

So last night I wanted to clarify, but didn't have my ORS. So I used my Hemp moisturizing shampoo, and used my oil mixture. I have not rinsed the oil yet, just been chilling with a plastic bag on my head. I will rinse then use WEN.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm 100 yrs late to the party but, count me in, please!

What ceramide oils/products will you be using? Wheat germ oil, Crece Pelo Leave-In, Silicon Mix Conditioner, Silicon Mix Bambu Leave-in

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc). I add wheatgerm oil to my DC and to seal. The rest is self explanatory.
How often will you be using them? Daily

This reminds me. I'm out of wheat germ oil. Gotta re-up.

Ms. Tiki

OK ladies, I need some help. I realized I'm having breakage due to too much protein. So, I need to figure out which oils I can use while I up my moisture. I know I need to take out Avocado, Wheat Germ & Hemp Oil (that one is going to hurt). What oils should I use in the meantime that won't overload me more with protein? TIA

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Applied soybean oil to the length of my hair this morning.
Thinking about doing a HOT w/ oils tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.