2012 Ceramides Challenge (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Just sealed my length with Hemp oil. I am wearing a braid out for work tomorrow. I wish hemp seed smelled a little better... but my Oyin masks it pretty well.

Ms. Tiki

Last night I did a cermacide packed HOT: sunflower, safflower, hemp, homemade amla, brahmi, maka oil, and red palm oil. I sat under the steamer with my oil mix for about 20 mins. I CO washed before class tonight and my hair is super soft and happy.

mamaore

I unofficially joined last week. I'm using Manitoba Harvest Hempseed oil.

So far I have added, 1 Tbsp of HSO with my DC's and my leave in spray and I have been taking 2 Tbsps twice a day. ( I need omega supplements and I hate fish oil)

I can already see improvements in my skin and hair shine. I'm not yet sure its doing anything for moisture though.

grownupnai

Ohh I want in!

What ceramide oils/products will you be using?

Currently sunflower oil

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)

after I was to seal hair, and then nightly between washes. Next week I'll buy grape seed oil.

How often will you be using them? Daily

Brownie518

Lita.... Thanks a lot. I have been in etsy looking. I want to see what is in the Hairitage hydrations vd set!!

HH will have a VD gift set? Let me go see...

I'm going to pull out my mix of hemp seed, rice bran, amla, brahmi, and garlic and soak my hair before washing in the morning. :yep:

Lita

Just rubbed Hairtage cooling down cream on scalp,applied Hairitage Macadamia butter on length & Sealed with Rice Bran oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

Poutchi

Hey y'all... looong time lurker showing up...
So I received my order of hemp seed oil yesterday ( valentines gift from me to me...lol) but i also ordered hemp seed butter with it, and i was quite surprised to the look of it and that cannot be used in hair, anyway not to seal... now i don t know what to do with it... should I use it in my DCs?

Lita

Hey y'all... looong time lurker showing up...
So I received my order of hemp seed oil yesterday ( valentines gift from me to me...lol) but i also ordered hemp seed butter with it, and i was quite surprised to the look of it and that cannot be used in hair, anyway not to seal... now i don t know what to do with it... should I use it in my DCs?

Poutchi You can use the hemp-seed butter as a pre poo & add it to your Dc...Your hair will turn out super soft..

Keep us posted...

Happy Hair Growing!

Poutchi

@Poutchi You can use the hemp-seed butter as a pre poo & add it to your Dc...Your hair will turn out super soft..

Keep us posted...

Happy Hair Growing!
Thanks Lita
I will... however I think I will only start the butter prepoo and DC when I get my hair out of the micro braids I have know... i don t want to waste it and plus i am not sure i can wash of the green residue that stayed on my hand yesterday when i rubbed it in my palms out of the braids if I do it on braids
Oh and I sealed with the oil yesterday and then baggyed for the night, this morning there was no trace of oil in my hair... is that normal?

Lita

Thanks Lita
I will... however I think I will only start the butter prepoo and DC when I get my hair out of the micro braids I have know... i don t want to waste it and plus i am not sure i can wash of the green residue that stayed on my hand yesterday when i rubbed it in my palms out of the braids if I do it on braids
Oh and I sealed with the oil yesterday and then baggyed for the night, this morning there was no trace of oil in my hair... is that normal?

Poutchi Does your hair feel nice,soft & moisturized? If so,thats good because it means the oil absorbed very well..(Good Sign) you never want residue..

Happy Hair Growing!

Poutchi

@Poutchi Does your hair feel nice,soft & moisturized? If so,thats good because it means the oil absorbed very well..(Good Sign) you never want residue..

Happy Hair Growing!

Hi Lita,
I cannot really tell since I have micros in... But Let s just hope that is the case then :)
Thanks again

LimitedEdition

Im still here!!! :) I've been wrapping my hair since I got it cut at the salon. I've been using my lovely Hot 6 oil. Im going to buy wheat germ oil today and add that to the Hot 6 oil. I want to make a 50/50 ratio and see how it turn out. I'm gonig to use a test about first before I do a larger batch. My hair is shiny and very healthy. I'm happy with it health, now focusing on growing back the length.

leiah

My hair eats up hemp seed oil I can apply it twice a day! I use a much larger amount of it than I do with any other oil because it never feels greasy.

I've been consistenly using it to seal for a few months now and my hair is always super soft no matter what.

I bought a lot of products with hemp oil that I am excited to start using

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Steamed with Nourish oil on Wednesday night. Oil rinsed with it this morning. Cowashed with Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner last night.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Shay72 said:
Steamed with Nourish oil on Wednesday night. Oil rinsed with it this morning. Cowashed with Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner last night.

Shay72 what's wheat germ conditioner (who makes it)?

Jas123

The Star of a Story
bought 2 bottles of hemp oil... looking forward to using them...

eta: did my hair last night... applied hso... my hair fricking loves this stuff... and my hair doesn't feel greasy or weighed down... actually it's still "flingable":grin:... went back to WF and bought 2 more bottles while they're still on sale...
i finally found an oil for just regular use to be applied all over my hair everyday...
i'm set with my oils now...
evco for DCing
jbco for my ends
hso for everyday use

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.