2012 Ceramides Challenge (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorian

old head
Just got some new products w/ceramides from the hair product exchange board--getting ready to try them out today.

KeraCare Essential Oils for the Hair
Going to do a hot oil treatment, also will be using it to seal ends.
It has these oils in it: sunflower, peanut, castor, coconut, sweet almond, olive, jojoba, sesame

Kera Care Strengthening Thermal Protector
For blowdrying. Has Ceramide 3 in it.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Moisturizing & sealing with Claudie's Braid Spray (wheat germ oil), Nourish oil (wheat germ oil, rice bran oil), and Shea Moisture's Yucca & Aloe Milk (wheat germ oil).

Aggie

I want in. Is it too late to join, pretty please! I already use Mizani Thermasmooth, Aubrey Organics Conditioners, and one or two oils as well:yep:.

Poutchi

Checkin in
I steamed my hair on saturday with hempseed oil ... I am still in braids so it s kind of difficult to tell how my hair responded to it... Oh well.
I moisturized with the Ion detangler and sealed with HSO again, I baggied overnight for 2 consecutive nights so far

TeeSGee

Planning on doing a pre-poo with Hemp seed oil for 1 hr b4 cleansing with my cleansing conditioner and then DC Treatment

miss cosmic

loving my new routine: pre-poo with chicoro's moisture-drenched pre-poo (contains wheatgerm oil), apply conditioner, detangle, rinse, oil rinse with grapeseed oil, apply leave-in and plait to dry.
as long as i am consistent with moisturizing between washes my hair stays soft. i now use the LOC method to moisturize.

Aggie

Sprayed my hair this morning with Taliah Waajid's PMB. My hair feels so soft right now, I can't seem to stop touching it.

KappaChino

WildFlower
Hope it's not too late to join --

What ceramide oils/products will you be using?
I love Proclaim Natural 7 Oil and always wanted to try Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla (Pearl Protein) Leave-In

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)
Proclaim Oil to seal and adding to DC, Silicon Mix as a leave in

How often will you be using them?
Sealing daily and DC and leave in 1x a week on wash day

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Planning on purchasing hempseed oil after work today.
I want to start adding it to my pre-cowash mix.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I will be on hiatus for a while bc I am in senagalese twist and dont wanna end up with a greasy mess, so I will only be using it on my scalp and its not much to report so see you ladies in a while.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I purchased my hempseed oil from wholefoods!

Its sitting in my hair right now with a my afro detangler.
After I finish cleaning up I will cowash it out.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Moisturized with Oyin's Frank Juice, massaged scalp with sulfur oil, then sealed length with hemp seed oil. Currently baggying.

lusciousladie07

Is it too late to join? I will be using Hydrathermal Naturals moisturizer and growth oil to moisturize and sea daily or every other dayl. Will get the leave-in after I finish Knot Today.

Leave in has wheat germ oil
Moisturizer and Oil has sunflower oil and kukui nut oil

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
You're more than welcome to join lusciousladie07 :yep:

Ok y'all, I'm shaking things up, I need to restart going hard in the ceramides paint, I'm making a whipped shea butter mix that will have hemp and wheatgerm oils, restarting prepoos with rice bran oil. I'm revisiting CON green (they still make it in Jamaica) which has wheatgrem oil in it...

Aggie

Misted my hair this morning with Taliah Waajid PMB. This really leaves my hair soft (old formula)

LimitedEdition

I just repurchased Hot 6 oil. Im still going strong. I got a hair cut a month ago because I really needed one. Im VERY happy with my hairs health. Ill keep working on the length. :look:

KappaChino

WildFlower
Purchased the 7 oil and have been using it twice daily to seal. I forgot how much I loved this oil and can't figure out why I stopped using it. I can already see a difference in the number of hairs that no longer fall in the sink. Still debating on whether I want to get the silicon mix leave in or try another product/oil from the list.

solide

Anyone know of a good hemp seed oil product?

What ceramide oils/products will you be using?
Aubrey Organic Conditioner, Biolage CeraRepair, grapeseed oil (in oil mixture)

IHow will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)
prepoo oil mixture, conditioner, heat protectant and sealant

How often will you be using them?
Sealing every other day and every wash

Status
Not open for further replies.