**2012 Ceramides Challenge Part III (July 1 - Sept 30)**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff

oiled my cuticles with sunflower oil.:look:
almost used up so I can try me a new oil. which holds a special place in you guys heart???

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Duff rice bran has no scent, at least to me and hempseed oil has a very light, nutty scent, you can't smell it at all once its on your hair. No where near the level of wheatgerm oil that's in a class all on its own :lol:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Yall dont be doing my first love, baby daddy oil like that (WGO) LOL......

Last edited:

Brownie518

I massaged in some Featherweight Trigger (has 2 ceramides) and the length is covered in mix of hemp seed, rice bran, safflower, amla, and brahmi. I'll let it all sit for the rest of the day and wash late tonight.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Sealed with a rice bran, added some castor to it since the humidity is really low today.

Going to re-up on hempseed oil and try hempseed butter :yep:

naturalfinally

ZebraPrintLover said:

ZPL I luv you girl but WGO stinks to high heaven! It would have to promise to grow my hair over night for me to use it again alone. Gag!!! :-(

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
ZPL I luv you girl but WGO stinks to high heaven! It would have to promise to grow my hair over night for me to use it again alone. Gag!!! :-(

LOL, I understand :sad: but he loves you regardless if you love him LOL :lol:.
I like WGO but not sure if I will ever repurchase it, I got the bottle from one of the ladies on here so I took it off her hands. I like GSO so far and since my mom has it in her stash it keeps me from being a PJ and going out to get something with my own $$$$. I may stay with GSO since its so lightweight for my sexy FINE hair LOL.

Sealing with it now....
I like the fact that it doesnt have a scent, that way I can scent it myself.

Hyacinthe

Currently dc'n with Salerm wheat germ treatment added some GSO n Sunfl oil.

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

melissa-bee

LOL is it really that bad. I was thinking of putting a couple of table spoons in. That's not gonna stink up my whole dc is it???
I was thinking of adding it to coconut milk and honey.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
LOL is it really that bad. I was thinking of putting a couple of table spoons in. That's not gonna stink up my whole dc is it???

melissa-bee, see me and WGO are lovers so I cant really remember his natural odor bc I mixed him up with EVCO and some scented FO (Cake Batter LOL):lick:

We worked out just fine. I dont think it will be THAT bad, but if its too much for you, consider yourself warned LOL :look:
--------------------------------------

:yep:Sealing my pony with GSO ad back into a bun she goes......

naturalfinally

LOC method. I used aloe Vera gel as my liquid addd to my call and hair, added GSO to my hair and then komaza care califia leave in. Now it's braided up for the night.

naturalfinally

melissa-bee said:

Yep! It sure is!! Gag!!

claud-uk

I added GSO to my hair before I wrapped it up for the night.....

claud-uk
On your scalp and down the length or what?
Do you always do a 24 hrs pre-poo?
Do you not wash with shampoo at all?
Sorry for the questions LOL:look:

By the way great growth. Are you relaxed or natural, I cant tell

ZebraPrintLover - sorry for the delay, I didn't see this mention. I can't put anything on my scalp, it's really sensitive :perplexed I apply the oils down the lengths, braid into 4 and wrap each section with saran: a) to lock the oil onto the hair and b) to help stop drippies.

I do an oil pre-poo always before I do anything to my hair such as protein/poo/dc. Even before my midweek co-wash I pre-poo.

I wash with shampoo 1-2x month maximum. I don't use any gels/mousse etc so no buildup. Before my HHJ I could scratch my scalp and pick the ****e outta my nails :nono: :blush: nasty!

HTH!

Added GSO to my nape area and ends of ponytail this afternoon/evening.

ZebraPrintLover - Sry for the dumb question, what benefits does this have on those areas of your hair?

oiled my cuticles with sunflower oil.:look:
almost used up so I can try me a new oil. which holds a special place in you guys heart???

Duff - Sunflower oil - bc it's the cheapest (get mine from the supermarket) and almost at the top of the ceramides-level list! WGO is nice and thick to reduce drippies but it smells some.

melissa-bee, if you havent used it before be careful the ladies say it smells like the dickens LOL

:lachen:

LOC method. I used aloe Vera gel as my liquid addd to my call and hair, added GSO to my hair and then komaza care califia leave in. Now it's braided up for the night.

naturalfinally - Do you mind if I ask why you seal and then add the leave in on top?

Haha, funny story, my DH just now called me upstairs to ask what con he should use on his hair. I suggested Motions Silk Protein cos his hair is a little rough... he read the back and saw the bit about using it "after a relaxer", and asked if I had anything else. I suggested Mirpur AV Cholesterol. He picked up the Motions again and said "I'm gonna go with this one, it'd be silly of me to allow you to spend all that time on the forums and then not take your advice" :lachen::lol:

melissa-bee

Well I forgot to pick up the wheatgerm oil yesterday, lol.
What I am thinking of getting is the Optimum Care's reconstructing conditioner. That's got ceramides in it.
The first time I tried it was when I relaxed me hair. Before my hair would break easily and was able to just rip clips out of my hair if it got tangled. Tried ripping a clip out after relaxing and it would not budge my hair was so strong. At first I thought that the relaxer strengthened my hair but it I'm pretty sure it was that conditioner.
I wonder if it will have the same effect on my natural hair. I'm going to buy it next weekend.

claud-uk

Silly me, I forgot to add that today I'm doing a WGO + Sunflower Oil pre-poo all day - will rinse tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.