**2012 Ceramides Challenge Part III (July 1 - Sept 30)**

Status
Not open for further replies.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
2012 Ceramides Challenge

Part III

:thewave:

Want improved moisture/protein balance? Manage porosity? Shinier hair? Stronger more manageable hair? Fortify you hair against heat/chemical services?

TRY CERAMIDES! :yep:

Whether you are relaxed, texlaxed, permed, natural, use diect heat, indirect heat, low heat, no heat, color treated, highlighted, no color; Everyone can benefit from ceramides. :yep:

What are ceramides?

Ceramides are fatty molecules that naturally occur in the hair fiber. They are the "glue' of the hair fiber that hold all of the layers together.

How do ceramides benefit hair?

Ceramides form a seal on the cuticle layer, limiting the loss of protein molecules from the hair shaft; protecting the fiber against normal wear and tear from manipulation (washing & styling), UV rays, heat and chemical services; like dye, relaxers etc. This seal also helps to keep the cuticle flat and tightly packed; they fill in gaps in the cuticle, giving shine and keeping porosity low. Over time, hair loses ceramide molecules. From heat and chemical but also just from the hair istself aging. Older and/or damaged hair contains less ceramide than newer/healthier hair. So it makes sense to incorporate ceramides to maintain hair health.

*Note: Ceramides help limit the loss of protein and help strengthen the hair fiber. However they are not proteins, nor can they replace protein in your reggie. (Some people have found they need less protein though)

Where can I find ceramides?

There are plant oils and extracts that contain plant ceramides. They function much the same as those found in our own hair. Many hair products also contain natural and synthetic ceramides

MORE INFO HERE

The Challenge will run in four parts:

Part 1: January 1st –March 31st
Part 2: April 1st – June 30th
Part 3: July 1st – September 30th
Part 4: October 1st - December 31st

Challenge Rules:

1. Use a ceramide containing product at least once a week.

2. Check in and let us know how its going for you.

3. Share your reviews on products you have tried, as well as any ceramide info you may stumble upon.

Wanna join? Mention or PM me and you're good to go!

Last edited:

melissa-bee

Still using hemp seed oil.
I think over time my hair has been able to retain moisture more by using natural ceramides.
I'm gonna incorporate wheat germ oil in to my deep conditioner soon.

AJellyCake

Hi! Thanks for the tag!

I'm still using sunflower to seal. That's it! :look:. I need to incorporate more ceramides though. That will be my goal for part 3.

I've been using grapeseed oil on my body though. Does that count? :p It makes my skin so soft and moisturized for days.

MeowMix

Hi

hiya2:. Grapeseed Oil is a staple in my regimen. I have definitely noticed shine since using it. Thanks for the tag OP.

Ms. Tiki

I'm still using my same long list of oils. The only oil I added in was vitamin e. I have notice my hair prefers to be sealed with red palm oil. I also have some mango and shea butter to whip up with my oils when I find a recipe

amwcah

Thank you for the mention. I'm have ORS Hair Mayo and Joico K-Pak Reconstructor in my rotation. I will apply my Wheat Germ Oil today.

Americka

@halee_J I'm in for this one. Still using safflower and sunflower oils.

ETA: I'll also use Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil (safflower oil), Hot Six (wheat germ and safflower oil), and African Pride Olive Miracle (soybean oil).

Last edited:

Brownie518

I'm in, again!!!

I covered my hair in Featherweight Trigger (grapeseed, safflower). Makes my hair so soft and silky!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Still in for Round 3

I wash with CON green shampoo, which has Wheat Germ Oil.
I have Joico K-Pak Reconstructor, but havent started using it yet, it contains Safflower!
Need to pick back up some Hot Six Oil (Wheat Germ Oil and Safflower Oil) whenever I use up all my mothers Grapeseed Oil LOL :lol:
Currently using Grapeseed Oil to seal with :lick:
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment contains Sunflower will start using once I get a chance.
Lustrasilk TeaTree Cholesterol has Safflower Oil.....

I have more products that contain ceramides but I will mainly post about the oils I seal with that contain ceramides.

Thanks for the tag and I sealed with Grapeseed Oil tonight!

claud-uk

halee_J - I'm in for another round!

Will be sticking to my current regi of 2x weekly pre-poos using WGO + Sunflower Oil. In addition I will be adding a Sunflower + Soybean HOT between my protein/shampoo and my DC 1x weekly.

Krystle~Hime

I'm in, i'm gonna use safflower oil :D every other day !

Yep! Still in :grin:

bajandoc86 it's been a moment i'm lurking on your tumblr, your twistouts are dope. also on your avi and siggy(if those are twistouts too) What are you favorite products for doing that style ? do they last the whole day or just 2/3 hours ?

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I'm in, i'm gonna use safflower oil :D every other day !

bajandoc86 it's been a moment i'm lurking on your tumblr, your twistouts are dope. also on your avi and siggy(if those are twistouts too) What are you favorite products for doing that style ? do they last the whole day or just 2/3 hours ?

Thank you for the compliment :). My twist outs last 2 days at least - haven't tried to go longer than that. Usually I only wear them for 1 day. My favorite products for twists and hence twist outs are Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Creme, and their Atheopika(?sp) Hydrate & Twist Butter. I apply these products to wet hair, and add just a little Ecostyler gel for hold. HTH!

claud-uk

Doing a pre-cowash with Sunflower + Soybean oil this a.m., then adding WGO to my DC this afternoon.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Sealed with Grapeseed last night and about to use it again once I get ready for work......

Status
Not open for further replies.