**2012 Ceramides Challenge Part III (July 1 - Sept 30)**

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissa-bee

Okay, I've find a place here that does wheat germ oil. I'm gonna use it as a pre-poo to add strength to my hair before washing because my hair always breaks off.

claud-uk

Did a pre-poo with WhGO, rice bran and hemp oils :lick: When I rinse out this DC I will seal with hempseed oil and my ceramide shea butter mix :yep:

that a home-made mix halee_J? care to share if so? thanks!

Did my usual WGO (WhGO?) + Soybean oil pre-poo overnight last night. I've added some Sunflower oil to my regular coconut oil sealant.

claud-uk

Okay, I've find a place here that does wheat germ oil. I'm gonna use it as a pre-poo to add strength to my hair before washing because my hair always breaks off.

melissa-bee - I use WGO as my base ceramide oil. I add EVOO for strength, Avocado oil for moisture or Sunflower oil for shine - depends how my hair feels.

I know you didn't ask, just wanted to let you know that you can mix/match to get just the right mix that your hair needs.

claud-uk

Hi melissa-bee - yes, that's my pre-poo regi. I always use WGO, either alone or mixed with other oils. For example I'll add Avocado oil if I'm pre-pooing before a shampoo or protein treatment. If I'm just doing a co-wash then I pre-poo with WGO + Sunflower oil.

HTH!

halee_J - thanks for sharing. Does the shea butter interfere with your leave-in or other post-treatment products? The thought of adding shea butter to a DC sounds so luxurious, lol!

Last edited:

AJellyCake

naturalnewb
What you got coming?

This week is my protein week, and I will be using the same stuff that you used:yep:. Or I may just use my ApHogee 2 Min instead of my Joico, but I will def be using my Nexxus Emergencee.

I got three fragrance oils from WholesaleSuppliersPlus. Rose Garden, which I like. Love Spell (comparable to the Victoria's Secret scent of the same name), which I actually wasn't as fond of, surprisingly. And Violet Bouquet (comparable to Bath and Body Works), which actually smells really good.

Haven't used them yet though.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Applied WGO/EVCO to my scalp tonight, getting ready for wash day tomorrow.

I got three fragrance oils from WholesaleSuppliersPlus. Rose Garden, which I like. Love Spell (comparable to the Victoria's Secret scent of the same name), which I actually wasn't as fond of, surprisingly. And Violet Bouquet (comparable to Bath and Body Works), which actually smells really good.

Haven't used them yet though.

naturalnewb
I have a list of stuff I wanna get from them. I ended up ordering from Candle Science and got......
Cake
Sex on the Beach
Coconut, which I love and is using now mixed with my GSO

......and I found some here at the house
Hawaiian Tropics, mix with my leave-in, it smell so dang on yummy
Pink Sugar
Jamacian Fruit
Mango Desire

claud-uk

Did an overnight WGO + Soybean oil tx two nights ago. Added sunflower oil to my DC the next day.

My hair is finally starting to get a little bit of shine to it - it's the sunflower oil that I've been using in my DC's and for sealing. Thinking about stepping away from the 79p bottles and buying sth of a higher quality to see if there's a difference.

melissa-bee

I purchased my Wheatgerm oil today. It doesn't smell as bad as you ladies made out. Just something that I don't wanna smell like.

AJellyCake

Applied WGO/EVCO to my scalp tonight, getting ready for wash day tomorrow.

naturalnewb
I have a list of stuff I wanna get from them. I ended up ordering from Candle Science and got......
Cake
Sex on the Beach
Coconut, which I love and is using now mixed with my GSO

......and I found some here at the house
Hawaiian Tropics, mix with my leave-in, it smell so dang on yummy
Pink Sugar
Jamacian Fruit
Mango Desire

:lick: :lick: Sounds delicious! I think I would really like the Pink Sugar one! Next time! :)

Hyacinthe

Back on my grind after getting a TU a week n 2 days ago.
Added eucalyptus extract to preepoo mix.

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

janeemat

I could join this challenge. I started cowashing with condtioners that have ceramides that I used at the beginning of my hair journey. Could this be what have been missing out of my regimen lately? Any who I decided to go back to what worked in the beginning. We shall see:yep:

claud-uk

Spritzed with water, leaving for 15 mins to soak in before doing my (new) pre-poo regi of WGO + Mirpur AV Cholesterol + QH Cholesterol.

Have added even more Sunflower oil to my Coconut oil sealant, the shine is insane!

Hyacinthe

Moisturized with S-curl applied Optimum Care reconstructor(contains ceramides) to ends sealed wh GSO

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

Americka

Moisturized with a homemade mix containing several ceramide products including safflower/soybean oils

Status
Not open for further replies.