**2012 Ceramides Challenge Part III (July 1 - Sept 30)**

Status
Not open for further replies.

claud-uk

thanks halee_J - i should take note, that siggy pic is lush!!!

Did my WGO pre-poo mix yesterday, also added some EVOO for strength but happy to see it also contains a small percentage of ceramides.

Added Soybean oil to my DC and will be sealing my leave-in with sunflower + coconut oil mixed as usual.

Here's a little reminder of the ceramide content of various oils, taken from tressbuzz.com:

Safflower oil 78%
Grape seed oil 73%
Poppyseed oil 70%
Sunflower oil 68%
Hemp oil 60%
Corn oil 59%
Wheat germ oil 55%
Cottonseed oil 54%
Soybean oil 51%
Walnut oil 51%
Sesame oil 45%
Rice bran oil 39%
Pistachio oil 32.7%
Peanut oil 32% [17]
Canola oil 21%
Egg yolk 16%
Linseed oil 15%
Lard 10%
Olive oil 10%
Palm oil 10%
Cocoa butter 3%
Macadamia oil 2%
Butter 2%
Coconut oil 2%

"Scientists have found that one of the functions of ceramides with regard to hair is as a "glue" of sorts - keeping the scales that form the hair's cuticle attached and in place. They also found that in damaged hair these important lipids had actually disappeared. Further, it has been proven that the addition of ceramides to the hair serves to fortify strands and prevent breakage. Ceramides actually bind to the hollowed or weakened areas of the hair strand and inhibit further moisture and protein loss."

"Some brands that have ceramide products are L'Oreal, Aubrey Organics, Optimum Care, Proclaim, Silicon Mix and Redken."

"If you are in the market for length retention it is highly recommended that you incorporate a ceramide product or oil into your regimen. Please note that although olive and coconut oils are not high in ceramides they both have been clinically proven to help stop protein loss in the cortex - so these particular oils have beneficial properties that are similar to ceramides."

Jojofree

I am a latecomer, but I want in!!!:lol:

What ceramide oils/products will you be using?
Hemp seed oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil

How will you be using them? (pre-poo, shampoo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)
Hemp seed, grapeseed oils currently in my oil mix for weekly pre-poo

Sunflower oil, safflower oils I use to infuse my lavender, peppermint, rosemary oils that I use for daily hair spritz and mud washes

Wheat germ oil included in my Anita Grant sapote and castor oil that I use after weekly wash and condition

How often will you be using them?

Daily and weekly

Thanks Halee J for the excellent info on ceremides; did not know they are so beneficial!!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am almost out of my GSO bottle that I keep under my cabinet. Thinking about what I will scent my next round of GSO as------maybe Hawaiian Tropics.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Adding WGO to my DC for in the morning, see yall after that.

All my WGO is really gone now. I have the leftovers in my DC but nothing in my bottle.
Imma start using my GSO now in my DCs hope I like the same.

Adding GSO to my hair after I get done this wash process.

Brownie518

Used my ceramide mix with my DC (hemp, wheat germ, safflower, JBCO, alma, brahmi)

Been sealing with Nourish.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Sealed with GSO this morning......

I put together another bottle of GSO and scented to 'Sex on the Beach", smells so yummy.

Jojofree

halee_J said:
Aye Jojofree :wave: welcome! the more the merrier! :lol: I see you like hempseed oil too :lick:

Been sealing this week with my ceramide SB mix :yep:

I love hempseed oil! Also Oyin Honey Hemp condish is a staple for me.
What is your ceremide SB mix?

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Jojofree

halee_J said:
Aye Jojofree :wave: welcome! the more the merrier! :lol: I see you like hempseed oil too :lick:

Been sealing this week with my ceramide SB mix :yep:

I really love hempseed oil. Also Oyin Honey Hemp condish is a staple for me.
What is your ceremide SB mix?

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Still using my sulfur oil that has a base of hempseed and castor oils. Makes my hair very soft and shiny.

Hyacinthe

Prepoo wh GSO hemp seed oil n sunflower oil
Gonna add some heat to it for 15 mins n wash wh mizani fortifying shampoo(contains ceramides)

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Washed with WGO
DCing with GSO
Will seal with GSO Coconut scent once I am done with this process.....

Jojofree

Just finished a great wash day. Pre-poo with a mix of avocado oil and my lavender infused safflower oil last night. Not only did I have a good night sleep, but my detangling was a breeze. Finished this morning with shampoo bar and Rhassoul clay deep condish with a Oyin Honey Hemp rinse out. Love it!

claud-uk

Have some WGO + Tresemme Mzg Con mixed and applied for my pre-poo. It's on my ends now, I will add some to the rest of my hair at bedtime and leave in overnight.

Wash tomorrow, then DC with sunflower oil.

Still using sunflower oil in my mix to seal, as usual.

Nice weekend ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.