2012 End Of Year Reveal

TwoSnapsUp

I really enjoyed going through the 2011 End Of Year Reveal and would love it if we had one for 2012. I think seeing the results of hard work will motivate those of us who are new to the site, new to the Journey or about to call it quits. Sooo....What do you say? I know I definitely need motivation. :drunk:

Last year's thread.

Post copied and pasted:
Anyone interested in posting their 2012 end-of-year reveal in one place to INSPIRE us all for 2013?

No matter what product, technique or Challenge you used in 2012, we can post them all here with details.
(Of course, still post in your challenge thread.)

Inspire all of us no matter hair type or if we're relaxed, natural, transitioning, loc'd, etc.

Your pic does not have to only be a difference in length.
It can be ANYTHING that you've made progress on, i.e., thickness, edges, hemline, breakage, shedding...anything that's progress and that you feel will help the next person.

Please post your pics in Dec 2012 or Jan 2013 (or later if you forget as long as it's your 2012 pics!) Starting pic and ending pic would be nice, but if not, then definitely an ending pic. And let us know the info below.

Identify your 2012 progress. (length, edges, thickness, etc.)

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress?

What challenges did you participate in during 2012?

What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair?

Is there anything you'll change in 2013?

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
i cant wait to see sum of the ladies pics!!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Come on ladies, now I know some of you have already posted your reveals in other threads bc I've been stalking, I mean looking at them! Show us some reveals!

MsLauren

Ok I'll start!!! In October 2011 I relaxed for my first time ever. Let's just say it didn't go to well. I was severely over processed and it hurt the health of my hair badly. My ends were split & chewed up, my hair was dry, and shedding like crazy. So January 2012 I decided to do a healthy hair journey. This was my starting picture....my ends were horrible.

I ended up transitioning on accident and fell in love with my new growth. I have been natural my whole life but I straightened my hair every week. I never wore it in it's curly state. By April 2012 I couldn't deal with the two textures anymore so I big chopped!

I have been protective styling with wigs and weaves and wearing wash & go's in all of 2012. I have also been following the curly girl method and using only silicone free products. I straightened my hair last week and I'm officially shoulder length!! :woot: :woot:

My siggy and this picture is my most recent pictures of my hair. APL in 2013!!

SmileyNY

Waaaaiiiiit! I still have another 3 weeks of growth left :look:

:lol:

I'm saving my spot. I'll most likely be straightening my hair for either Christmas or New Years Eve and will be back with pics :grin:

ETA: Beautiful hair MsLauren :yep:

Highly Favored8

Please do not quote pictures.

My first picture was in 2010 when I had my last relaxer in June of 2010 in the stripped blue shirt.

The second picture in the dark blue shirt in early 2012 when I was transitioning without the big chop and ended up cutting off all relaxed ends in early 2012.

Third picture was November 2012 with my hair with all relaxed ends cut off.

The fourth picture was taken in November 2012 from a different angel.

The last picture is when my hair was washed and flat ironed on 12-1-2012....

Last edited:

greenandchic

I need to take some photos of my hair! I didn't make much progress during the first half of the year due to heavy shedding from having low ferritin and lack of dusting, but I think I made some progress over the last 6 months.

NaturalPath

I progressed from Shoulder Length to APL

-Working out, increased protein intake
-Nioxin vitamins
-Co-washing and keeping hair in stretched styles

-I won't even comment on this because I joined quite a few but barely updated

-Patience and consistency is the Key!

-Less coloring!!!

Just a small update...

Picture A: Curly hair today

Picture B:

BC'd: 1-8-2011
SL hair: 12-24-2012
APL hair: 12-12-2012

I may or may not straighten my hair for NYE or Christmas so I decided to post an early straightened picture :)

**I may update at the beginning of 2013

Attachments

• image-164084770.jpg
    image-164084770.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image-3308293815.jpg
    image-3308293815.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
There are a few end of the year relaxers going on this weekend. Hope to see this thread start moving with beautiful updates! ;)

ManeStreet

First off we're gonna pretend like the pink polka dot shorts dont exist....

Ok back to bidness. Lol

The before pics were taken 01/15/2011. I had just made bsl.

20120115_110815-1-1.jpg

20120115_110712-2.jpg

This is from 11/15/12. Im bsl & hope to make hl in 2013

20121107_165057-1-1.jpg

LexiDior

Identify your 2012 progress. (length, edges, thickness, etc.) I can now feel my hair on the back of my neck

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress? I've never had a problem growing my hair, my problem has been keeping it. PS and moisturizing have been my best friend. Im still new at this and still learning.

What challenges did you participate in during 2012? Castor Oil, Sulfur Mix, DC, Cowash

What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair? patience.

Is there anything you'll change in 2013? This time I will literally have a plan. I will have a reggie instead of just winging it.

The first one is June 2012 and the second is December 2012

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_20121202_143847.jpg
    IMG_20121202_143847.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 346

naturalagain2

It seems to have gotten thicker and grown some.

I think eating better along with working out (of which I can much improve on), taking my vitamins, and regularly DC'ing (alternating moisture and protein and henna treatments) has help my hair greatly.

The challenges are listed in my siggy

DC'ing regularly, low manipulation

I will be more strict with low manipulation styles by bunning & doing more braidouts so I can figure out what styles really work for me. I flip flop between styles to often this year. Cut down on direct heat (flat ironing in particular). And stick to my main products I know work. Also I want to go without getting braids (depends if I don't get tired of my hair) this summer to see if I get better retention. I want to know if I will retain more just taking care of my own hair this summer.

The first pic is from Jan 2012:

These are from yesterday:

Last edited:

manter26

I wasn't planning on posting or revealing but I dug up some pics just to add to the thread... My hair is braided up and has been continuously so I really had to search (please excuse the quality). I decided on curly/kinky hair comparisons.

Wet hair December 12, 2011:

wet hair July 27, 2012

Wash and Go Comparisons

Dec 2011

Nov 2012

I had a terrible haircut towards the end of 2011. I got back to APL and reached BSL this year. I grew out some of the terrible layers but I still need my hair cut properly.

Keeping my hair braided.

a lot :look:

Make changes when necessary. Do what's best for your hair.

I think I learned more from 2011 than 2012. 2011 was a dud of a year for hair growth so in 2012, I decided to PS around the clock. I'm unsure of my plans for next year.

growbaby

Vitamins, heatless months, and DCing

APL 2012 no heat 2012 BSL 2012

Find what's right for you and stay CONSISTENT.

More regular dustings!

1st pic 12/31/2011

image-3667875021.jpg

2nd pic today 12/22/2012

image-1353231234.jpg