2012 End Of Year Reveal

TwoSnapsUp

I have my pics ready, but have no clue how to paste them directly in the post instead of attaching them. Ugh!

TwoSnapsUp

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE:

Don't know how to paste photos so....

OK, my turn. This isn't a length check since I suck at pic taking. Just wanted to show my progress. Pic heavy.

Identify your 2012 progress. Thickness mostly. My goal was to get my hair back in good health this year.

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress? Not giving up and trying different things until I found what worked.

What challenges did you participate in during 2012? none

What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair? Don't give up, don't fix what isn't broken. If you find something that works, stick with it.

Is there anything you'll change in 2013? My PJism.

My healthy hair journey start in April, after an intervention in which I was informed that my hair was "tore up from the floor up":

These five pics are from April-Sept. I had more downs than ups.

Continued on next post since max upload is 5.

Last edited:

TwoSnapsUp

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE:

The first pic is from Sept. I was frustrated and ready to give up. The last three pics are December. So glad I kept on trucking.

ETA: What length am I considered to be? :look:

Don't know how to paste photos so....

OK, my turn. This isn't a length check since I suck at pic taking. Just wanted to show my progress. Pic heavy.

Identify your 2012 progress. Thickness mostly. My goal was to get my hair back in good health this year.

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress? Not giving up and trying different things until I found what worked.

What challenges did you participate in during 2012? none

What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair? Don't give up, don't fix what isn't broken. If you find something that works, stick with it.

Is there anything you'll change in 2013? My PJism.

My healthy hair journey start in April, after an intervention in which I was informed that my hair was "tore up from the floor up":

These five pics are from April-Sept. I had more downs than ups.

Continued on next post since max upload is 5.

Last edited:

alanaturelle

Identify your 2012 progress. (length, edges, thickness, etc.): I went from TWA to SL in the last 12 months.

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress?: consistent deep conditioning and protective styling. I wore wigs the entire 2012.

What challenges did you participate in during 2012? I was in 2 inches in 4 months.

What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair?: deep condition and protective styling

Is there anything you'll change in 2013?: I'll try to switch to buns for Summer. I'll also try to simplify my regimen and keep it simple.

Jan 2012:
IMG_5526.jpg

Dec 2012:
005.jpg

ETA: I meant to say switch to buns in Spring instead of Summer.

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
how do u remove a pic from your phone? The 2nd pic was last relaxer not Dec 2011. Lol *shrugs* oh well. You can use siggie for updates. Lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121224_225908.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121224_225908.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 216
  • ForumRunner_20121224_230207.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121224_230207.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

PureSilver

Lovely progress ladies. I hate that i can't contribute because of my lack of proper picture documentation to track progress. I gotta change that for 2013 though.

HHG 2013 everyone!

iamtan

I'm so happy with my progress and I hope to retain as much in 2013!

Attachments

• Progress 2012.jpg
    Progress 2012.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 357

lexxi

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress?
Vitamins definitely I have low iron have had it since June 2011 I think and it definitely affects hair and how you feel so with the vitamin challenge I was able to kind of get in a habit if taking iron and garlic pills(didn't start the garlic til June I believe) and I think megatek helped also a lot
What challenges did you participate in during 2012?
Vitamin and apl challenge
What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair?moisture.learning what products works and what's best for keeping moisture is what's working for me and also learning how to incorporate moisture into you everyday protective style regimen.

Is there anything you'll change in 2013?dying it twice a yr I think I would have made my goal length if I wasn't dying it as much(2x per yr) so I'm going to hold off on my planned January one and wait until I hit bsl or in September because I just want to work on thickness and length I could always dye later. Also I'm going to get more wigs as a mean of protective style because than I could dec under my wig or dec everyday. The possibilities are endless.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1054326495.jpg
    image-1054326495.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 314

afrofaithful

This is pretty much exactly a year. The first pic is a twist out. It was in Louisiana so it just started to look ridiculous...The second pic is of a wash and go. Which I actually got to last for an entire week!! It was a few weeks ago...These were actually exactly a year apart give or take a few days.

ETA...My friend had just done the big chop!

Attachments

• SDC10470.jpg
    SDC10470.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0047 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_0047 - Version 2.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 326

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm so happy with my progress and I hope to retain as much in 2013!

Wow ur retention is off the chain. It looks like u went from apl to darn near wl in a year. Congrats!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
Iam drooling @ all yalls hair. You ladies have made great progress this year!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

hairluver3550

this was earlier this year and today. happy my puff got bigger. now for p.s-ing for the rest of the year. I bc 1 year four days ago to an inch and a half of hair. I'm going to edit and ads the before pic in a sec

100.jpg

ScorpioLove

My pics of today sorta sucks. I lost my adapter for my camera so I took a picture on my phone of a picture on my camera. :drunk:

I haven't had spectacular growth like some of the ladies on this board but at least it has been growing.

**One day I will put a pic from Aug 2010 when I first started.... but for now..

1st: July 2011
2nd: July 2012
3rd/4th: Today
5th Amount trimmed today... I had my mom do it and she just snipped without any hesitation. She cut just the right amount tho :yep:

ETA: I forgot to answer the q's

Identify your 2012 progress. (length, edges, thickness, etc.)
Length and my hemline is looking better

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress?
Bunning... I didn't DC nearly as much as I like to this year but at least my hair was in some cute buns this year to protect it.

What challenges did you participate in during 2012?

Alot... BSL 2012, WSL 2013, sulfur and MN. I only did the sulfur and MN for about a month cause my mom really is allergic to the mix.. maybe its just the sulfur.

What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair?
Patience. Do what you have to do and know you will get to the end result eventually.

Is there anything you'll change in 2013?

I really want to wear wigs more next year.I bought two just for next year. I want to also DC more.

Attachments

• DSC03598.jpg
    DSC03598.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC049052.jpg
    DSC049052.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20121225_201417.jpg
    IMG_20121225_201417.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20121225_201524.jpg
    IMG_20121225_201524.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20121225_201434.jpg
    IMG_20121225_201434.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

SeeLexus

My December 2011 vs December 2012. Can;t wait to see where 2013 will take me!!!:grin:

Attachments

• year comparison.jpg
    year comparison.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 367