2012 End Of Year Reveal

WantNatural

sipp100

You definitely gained thickness as well as length. THESE are the reasons I look forward to WL hair!

MicheePrings

Identify your 2012 progress. (length, edges, thickness, etc.)
I accomplished APL and I am steady on my way to BSL

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress?
Deep conditioning at least weekly

What challenges did you participate in during 2012?
APL 2012 challenge, Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge, Mineral Rich Challenge

What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair?
Health scalp + Healty ends + patience = healthy hair

Is there anything you'll change in 2013?
I will try to narrow down my staple products and less experimenting with products.
I have to pay more attention to my crown area as it is the most prone to breakage

BC hair Nov 2011

Flat Ironed hair Dec 2012

Last edited:

koolkittychick

Went from Collarbone length to APL! :grin:

First and foremost, I learned how to stretch my relaxers from 6 weeks to 12+ weeks, and I learned the protective style (buns with low tension made with no ponytail holders and held with Goody spin pins) that works best with my hair. What got me over the last little hump to take me into APL territory was the realization that my hair needs a DC with heat after every shampoo, not just every once in a while.

Just the APL 2012 Challenge, which I completed. :grin:

Moisture is your friend! Be it co-wash, DC, moisturizing and sealing, or any combination of the above, just make sure your hair gets the moisture it needs.

I will try to do more rollersets this year, and perfect my self-relaxing technique (I'm a little rusty on both counts).

Attachments

• lengthcheck_12-31-12.jpg
    lengthcheck_12-31-12.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 112

Ijanei

I gained overall health and length. The hair has definitely gained thickness. This is the longest that my hair has been. Doesn't look like much, but I can tell a huge difference.

Better care. I would have to say flat ironing it every other week or two. I would wear it mostly natural when the straightened hair looked ragged. But all through this year, my hair was down. Rarely protective styled at all.

With the wash-n-go's, the hair started breaking in the middle due to me constantly pinning it up in that same spot. So I had to trim hair more than normal

Let your hair be. You do not have to buy all of these expensive products to get long hair. It will happen with proper care.

None at all. Albeit i do want to try going without heat until June.:grin: Buuuut I doubt that will happen.:lol:

Dec 2011 to Dec 2012

TeeBee

Flat Iron Feb 2012.
I was Arm Pit Length.

image-2364191512.jpg

Dec 29 2012.
Old stretched Braid Out.
I'm claiming Bra Strap Length.

image-3654443593.jpg

I've been doing a good job with low maintenance styling..BUNS lots of BUNS

image-1082611355.jpg

image-3100699031.jpg

I've started oiling my scalp again, and I strongly believe my hair is thanking me!! I moisturize like crazy, and have been sealing with shea butter. I think these things have made my hair softer and healthier overall, the length is just a bonus!

SoopremeBeing

My turn!

Here is my Flat Iron job from Jan 2012, thin whispy ends :(

The next 4 pics are my last FI job from 2 days ago. I washed, DCed, and used Cantu Shea Butter and Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum for the FI job. Only used two passes per section, The first pass I used the comb-chase method, and the second pass was just a normal FI pass. FI was no more than 350 degrees.

Check out the shrinkage on that section versus the flat-ironed section...craziness!

Still working on my edges, but I am very pleased with my length process, the increased thickness, and softness. My hair felt like a pillow when I was finished flat ironing, I was very happy.

I would say keeping my hair clean and moisturized. I invested in some rosewater/glycerin hairspray, and I'm addicted. Second, hiding my hair in twists and braids. Third, low/no heat(no flat ironing for a year, blowdrying once every other month). And Lastly, actually dedicating the time and work to really care for and pay attention to my hair.

MN Challenge, Twist/Braid Challenge

Moisture, moisture, moisture!

Continue to increase my water intake, exercise, and get back on my vitamins on a daily basis.

SunySydeofLyfe

Mine. I'm refusing to trim. I once had a desire for blunt ends not anymore. I'm hoping my hair catches up.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130101_124020.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130101_124020.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 268

SouthernScienceNerd

Identify your 2012 progress. (length, edges, thickness, etc.) Length (from SL to BSBish)

What thing(s) do you feel contributed the MOST to your progress? M&S daily and wear mostly stretched styles (braid outs and twist outs)

What challenges did you participate in during 2012? APL 2012

What's your key word of advice for strong, healthy hair? stretched, moisturized hair

Is there anything you'll change in 2013? Nope

The first pic is from October 2011 and the second pic is from October 2012

Attachments

• IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 20121030_204539.jpg
    20121030_204539.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 322

DominicanBrazilian82

- I gained back my thickness and about 4-5 inches of growth from 6.1.12.

- Daily Vitamin Intake
- MN
- DC'ing twice weekly
- Bunning/PS'ing
- Proper Product Usage

MN
Delightful DC
Co-washing
Mineral Rich
Ceramide Challenge

- Ceramide-rich regiment, low-no heat styling, bunning and DC'ing.

- Nope. Just gonna make it better than last year.

This was me 6.1.12 at the start of my journey... Hair was breaking and thinning from heat and protein damage. I was full NL (after grazing APL December '11.

image-3618751356.jpg

Today, 1/1/13, my hair is below CBL (but still SL at my lowest layer (closest to the nape) and on its way to APL. The bottom left picture is past CBL (most of my hair) and the bottom right is grazing CBL (most lowest an shortest layer).

image-3030499895.jpg

The below pic is my length as of last night. My hair isn't too uneven... its curled under from my Sunday rollerset. Most of which will be trimmed after my 20 week stretch (currently in week 9). It isn't too damaged, but I want my hair to be totally even.

image-3947531254.jpg

The below pic is my texlaxed texture (wet). I have 4-5 inches of texlaxed hair (6-7 inches in some places). I'm really excited to see my hair entirely texlaxed.

image-811001989.jpg

Excuse the face below... This is a fullness shot. Compared to that first picture (NL)... I have come a very long way.

image-502599405.jpg

HHG!

Last edited:

CHI10

My siggy pic

ETA:

wetting my hair eveyday

N/A

Moisture
no wash and gos!

Attachments

• jandec.jpg
    jandec.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

sipp100

Teach me, O' Master of beautiful styles! Explanation, tutorial, anything! I love this!

Oh, and I look forward to your chop. After 3 1/2 years, you should only have to chop that little piece that you're stretching past WL. :grin: Congrats on a successful transition!

Thank you! NJoy
It's just a regular Dutch Braid (inside-out French Braid), actually. Instead of braiding it straight back, I swirled it. I checked for a tutorial, but couldn't find any - sorry :sad:

I did cut my relaxed ends on NYD, plus a couple additional inches. I'm now full BSL, grazing MBL. Can't wait to grow those inches back - au naturale!

ETA: Sorry, NJoy my mentions aren't working :(

Last edited:

Mystic

WOW, amazing progress ladies.

Looking at these Year-End-Progress pictures is always one of favorite thing on LHCF......

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
We have some amazing bea ou tiful progress going on up in here ladies! And I'm not just talking about length, I'm talking aboit thickness, strength, health of hair. Great job ladies and beautiful heads of hair! Thanks for sharing.

NowIAmNappy

My hair grew back from a MBL cut to APL to almost MBL again

Protective styling and frequent trims

I was participating in the Waist Length challenge and then once I cut my hair the BSL challenge

Moisture and Protective styling

Not cutting my hair again for the upteenth time
My year started out at MBL Jan. 2012

And then came June and I chopped my hair to APL and then colored it

September 2012 just about BSL

Dec. 2012 after 1/2 trim Im a little longer then the middle of my bra strap

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
Thicker hair and length

Protective Styling through Wigs and Sulfur Oil

Waist Length (didn't make it :( Wig Challenge, Njoys Concoction, and lots of others lol

Strong Healthy Hair Starts on the Inside

I stretched for 6 months in 2012 but my results after that stretch were not worth it imo. I will not stretch beyond 16 weeks from now on. Lose some weight so I can take better hair photos :look:

Here's the pics :grin::grin:

My Hair as of November. I did a trim in November so my hair now looks exactly the same as the pic below..

mscocopuff

I started 2012 with very wispy ends! I had a setback from a beautiful color that I sported in 2010.

I think I struggled big time with properly moisturizing my hair and also with keeping my hands out of it.

I picked increased the number of co-washes (shampoo only once every six weeks with non sulfate shampoo diluted). I also increased on my deep conditioning. I clipped about two inches off in July and my ends are much healthier then.

I had one shortcoming in August. I decided to let my cousin remove my sew in instead of doing it myself. She cut so much of my hair out! A mistake I will never make again. I am now trying to grow the bottom right corner of my nape back to full length and increase the length in my crown. Very sad time.

Aside from that it was a very productive year!

The first pic is June 2012 compared to January 2013.

The second pic is January 2012 compared to January 2013.

Attachments

• image-1713943750.jpg
    image-1713943750.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3226422948.jpg
    image-3226422948.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

futureapl

In my opinion my hair is thicker and longer. My hair dresser pointed out that my hair is a lot healthier when I came in for a relaxer. I have noticed a great deal of progress and hopes that this continues in 2013.

Sulfur, castor oil, no flatironing, stretching relaxers, using moisturizer, bunning

Njoys Sulfur Challenge

Be patient. Stick with what's working. Limit the use of heat.

I want to learn how to stretch my relaxers longer and create cute protective styles.

The first pic is from May 2012 and the second pic is Dec 2012

Last edited:
My siggy pic

ETA:

wetting my hair eveyday

N/A

Moisture
no wash and gos!

You're hair is beautiful. May I ask why you will not be doing any more wash and go's if wetting you're hair everyday was beneficial?

TwoSnapsUp

Just had to come back to this thread to remind myself how far I have come, and not to throw in the towel. I can't wait for the 2013 reveal thread.