2012 HYH Challenge Reveal (Jan 1st - June 30th)

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I can't take a good photo at all! I also feel that I gained more thickness in these past months than length.

You ladies are so encouraging! The updates are really helpful.

Anakinsmomma

Ok, so I didn't flat iron. Too hot. I did do a length check and I'm pleased.

image-2380408183.jpg

Side front edge

image-3769868368.jpg

Widow's Peak

image-2734345159.jpg

image-572118967.jpg

Back

image-1264530280.jpg

My first wash n go 1/1/12

image-1264530280.jpg

My first fro

image-3230886.jpg

image-4228382098.jpg

SimJam

I always love these reveal threads... even though i didnt participate I still like to see ladies making progress.

You ladies did awesomely !!!!!

@ojemba those pics are hilarious .... reminds me of that scene in 'there's something about Mary"

nice progress!!!!

@LilMissSunshine5 you sure got some thickness... awesome progress. What did you do?

mariele

Everyone's hair looks so good! Im late to join the bandwagon, but will anyone continue this challenge to the end of the year? I've already been hiding my hair for a month and with the results I've seen I'm trying to stick it out till Dec 2012 for an awesome outcome!! :bouncy:

Happy growing!!

ojemba

mariele said:
Everyone's hair looks so good! Im late to join the bandwagon, but will anyone continue this challenge to the end of the year? I've already been hiding my hair for a month and with the results I've seen I'm trying to stick it out till Dec 2012 for an awesome outcome!! :bouncy:

Happy growing!!

Hope to see a new tread soon!! I've done this for 3 cycles and plan to stick with it. It has given me great results.

ms.tatiana

This is from March 2010...

This is in 2011...

This is my length now...

kittenz

I think I was in this challenge. Here's my update.
These were taken june 17th I think.
photo_1.JPG
Wet puff with con

photo_4.JPG
photo_5.JPG
photo_7.JPG
photo_6.JPG
My 'do any given day

Last edited:

mscocopuff

ojemba said:
Hope to see a new tread soon!! I've done this for 3 cycles and plan to stick with it. It has given me great results.

I can't wait for the new challenge! I will def be involved!

Sent from Mrs. Coleman's iPhone using LHCF

LilMissSunshine5

SimJam- Thank you so much! :bighug: I don't do much :lol: I have been wearing mini twists since last October...each install last 4-5 weeks, depending on how lazy I feel :yep: I don't have a solid reggie yet, still trying to figure out what works with my hair. I have seborrheic dermatitis, protein-sensitivity, and low porosity hair, so it has been challenging finding things that work for me! I do use AOGPB as a DC occasionally and spritz/moisturize my hair with water twice a day, but I am still looking for a good rinse out condish. So I think my hair progress is solely due to wearing mini twists bc I haven't got the rest figured out yet :giggle: I guess my hair likes only being manipulated once a month :look: HTH

beauti

everyone did so good! my progress is really not noticeable this go round... :ohwell: i will be a silent participant for the next challenge

glamazon386

I had some setbacks with breakage and hair loss this year. But here's my progress for the past 5 months. I'm about 3 inches from BSL. Should be able to get there by the end of the year.

January 24, 2012 vs. June 23, 2012

Last edited:

brg240

So I'm almost 20 days late I'm really sorry T___T

but here it is :sekret:
starting

ending (+20 days)