2012 Natural Products Challenge

MyAngelEyez~C~U

lamaria211 said:
Anybody ever try coconut butter? I will be purchasing this tomorrow

I saw this today at whole foods, said it had coconut flesh in it. I think it might just be finely ground coconut with oil added, like peanut butter. I opted for the oil only, because I don't want to have to fish finely ground coconut outta my hair....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Curlykale

Hi everyone! I ditched my non natural conditioner (silicon free) for cowashing for the second time. They all work for 1 month and then my hair gets drier and drier. IT looks fine but it doesn't feel luscious and strong.

Back to my Giovanni 50:50 and I'm loving grapeseed oil for sealing in between washes, I also find that this oil works well on my roots before detangling (matted hair).

I have been loving deep conditioning with coconut milk and oils.

Lita

Used Donna Marie super butter cream & sealed with Rice bran oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

Damaged but not out

henna and caramel treatment. length check. length pulled

now obviously in that third pic u cant see where my underarm seam is. But you can see the henna drip that is present in pics two and three. The drip starts at APL my hair is stretched a little past the starting point of the drip......

I'm claiming APL:grin:

greenandchic

Got my B.A.S.K. order in today. By the time I got around to ordering, everything was sold out. I was able to get the Sweet Manna Hair & Scalp Serum. It says you can use it as a leave-in on damp hair...

lamaria211

Gonna moisturize with Giovanni direct leave in. i stopped using the SAS on my hair and now i use it on my kids (3boys but i dont care:)

Damaged but not out

Well I am going to make an appointment to get Design Essentials new thermal conditioning treatment.

So I will officially be out of this challenge June 4th. Unofficially I willl still be here posting and continuing my use of natural products.

lamaria211

So I ended up buying
Its by SoftnFree GroHealthy and it says: no petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, colorants or phthalates:) any one ever tried it?

ForumRunner_20120525_193658.jpg

Lita

Still going strong with natural products..Hair & scalp approve..

Happy Hair Growing!

greenandchic

Bump!

I fell off the wagon for a bit, but I'm back on and my hair is doing so much better.

Shampoo
Giovanni Smooth as Silk

Conditioners
Yes to Carrots (as a leave in)
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
There are a couple of others, but they are not that natural, but are paraben free.

Styler
Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel
Shea butter (for smoothing my edges)

Treatments
Ayurvedic herbs

Kindheart

lamaria211 said:
Ok ladies I want to purchase some more natural products tomorrow and I need some ideas

Curl Junkie: Banana Fix /strawberry ice cream Dc ,Banana leave in (smells of bubble gum)
Darcy's Botanicals: Pumpkin Conditioner,Peach Kernel milk.
Qhemet :Moringa Ghee .
Bee Mine:BEE U TI FUL Deep conditioner. Balanced Moisturizer.Hair Milk .
Myhoneychild Olive You DC ,honey DC .
Hairveda Strinillah Dc and oil (cant remember the name.
HtH :)

lamaria211

Kindheart said:
Curl Junkie: Banana Fix /strawberry ice cream Dc ,Banana leave in (smells of bubble gum)
Darcy's Botanicals: Pumpkin Conditioner,Peach Kernel milk.
Qhemet :Moringa Ghee .
Bee Mine:BEE U TI FUL Deep conditioner. Balanced Moisturizer.Hair Milk .
Myhoneychild Olive You DC ,honey DC .
Hairveda Strinillah Dc and oil (cant remember the name.
HtH :)

I went for the Curl junkie and Vanilla Silk:)

Damaged but not out

Except for the DE treatment I haven't stopped with my natural regime.

Last week I did a clay mask, was lovely

multani mitti
moroccan red clay
bentonite
acv
cofffee
salt

left in uncovered for 2 hrs rinsed, did an oil rinse and a DC

I also used the clay on my face, very nice results.

Damaged but not out

I will be infusing some oils next week, when the sun is scheduled for a return. I use grapeseed oil as my base. After the sun infusing i will top them up with a mix of some oils I have. They include babassu, hazlenut, camellia, rosehip, blackcurrant...theres more.

Im making
Calendula
horsetail
nettle
then a mix of some herbs i need to use up.

I will use the oils to make butters and oil mixes for family and myself

Restocking herbs/oils/buttes and clays in December. So this years stock has got to go!

HairRaiser

Hey! Totally forgot that this was a challenge I was in...:nono:, but I'm still sticking to my all natural product regimen. How's everyone doing?

southerncitygirl

lawd, i forgot i was in this challenge still using my staple products:

pre-poo: any mix of natural condish i have around along with oils and sometimes molasses or honey

poo: low or no sulfate poo finishing up eo essentials and brought giovanni sas & 50/50 as backup

condish: aubrey's hsr, gbp or j.a.y

leave-in/detangler: finishing up hydroquench systems greaseless moisture and have db leave-in for backup

gel: fantasia ic gel w/sparkle-lites when i finish i have afroveda whipped gelly for backup

moisturizers: claudies products- quinoa-coffee balancing,isha,murumuru-acai, balancing ends insurance

deep condish: have a jar of hydroquench go deep, i was given this by a member

oils for sealing: a mix of any of these- jbco, hemp, evoo,evco, kukui, meadowfoam, etc.

i am a weekly washer and was co-washing 1-2x a week as well in the warmer months.