**2013 Ceramides Challenge**

pinkpanther23

I would like join :) I will be using my proclaim natural 7 oil and I believe my garnier strength and repair contains ceramides somewhere in there.

Babygrowth

Be sure to let us know what you're using! I love all of those products :yep: :)

Okay. So far I have ORS mayo I use about every 4wks (almost gone thankfully) it has safflower and wheat germ oil. Shescentit Honey rinse condish has wheat germ oil, shescentit avocado has grapeseed oil in it, giovanni direct LI, and shescentit eve avocado oil has wgo, sunflower and soya bean oil.

silenttullip

I'm in
a. What ceramide oil(s)/product(s) did you use? AOGPB, giovanni tttt shampoo, taaliah waajid conditioner, wheatgerm oil

DominicanBrazilian82

@DominicanBrazilian82 I'd like to be added to the list and take part in this challenge, hopefully all 4 parts. I need to use up my grapeseed and safflower oils :yep:

Updated list:

Giovanni's Direct Leave In
Grapeseed & Safflower oil
Jason's Long & Strong Jojoba Shampoo

I'll also be looking for products which contain wheat germ and rice bran oil

ScorpioRising... Jason's Long & Strong... I'd buy it off title alone :). What ceramides are in it?

Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

I'm in once again!

I'll be using hemp seed oil, Aubrey Organics conditioners, Hairitage Hydrations pomades and butters, Giovanni Cosmetics... basically everything I'm using has ceramides and my hair has never been better. Soft, shiny, strong, and healthy... what more could you ask for? :yep:

Girl ain't that the truth.

ScorpioRising

Professional Lurker
Anyone with LOW POROSITY successfuly using ceramides?

How do you incorporate it into your regimen?

I'm asking b/c most people with low porosity struggle with opening the cuticle enough to get moisture in since the cuticles are naturally tightly packed.

Thanks in Advance :yep:

Im low porosity and will be using my products with ceramides as normally used but I'll use the oils after my hair is already dry then scrunch the oil in. My hair hates it when I apply oils while its still wet.

EnExitStageLeft

IN!

Hempseed and Wheatgerm oil are my current ceramide fav's.

I have various condish's, pomades, oils and Leave In's that contain ceramides.

I'll try to do better at updating too. I tend to not :ohwell:.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm in. .. using the following in dc's, oil rinses and for sealing:
Wheat germ
Avocado
Flax
Hemp
Olive
Grapeseed
Sunflower
Vitamin E
Gleau oil blend

DominicanBrazilian82

Im low porosity and will be using my products with ceramides as normally used but I'll use the oils after my hair is already dry then scrunch the oil in. My hair hates it when I apply oils while its still wet.

I'm like you. Oils and cremes on dry hair only! The only thing I put on wet hair is a leave-in or thermal spray for heat (direct and indirect).

lamaria211

I'm in!!
I'll be using these products (they all contain ceramides and or ceramide oils)
GSO
Walnut oil
Gleau nourishing oil blend
Kerastase Oleo slim relax DC + leave in
AO HSR
AO WC
AO GPB
Matrix Biolage DC + leave in
Crece Pelo leave in
Silicon Mix + leave in
Aveeno Nourish leave in treatment *staple*
Silk Elements leave in cream *staple*
Redken Extreme condish-18 mea**
Redken Extreme strength builder plus**
Redken anti snap leave in **
CJ Repair Me
Kerapro intense treatment
Silk Elements Mega silk moisture treatment
Hollywood beauty castor oil

DominicanBrazilian82

I'm in!!
I'll be using these products (they all contain ceramides and or ceramide oils)
GSO
Walnut oil
Gleau nourishing oil blend
Kerastase Oleo slim relax DC + leave in
AO HSR
AO WC
AO GPB
Matrix Biolage DC + leave in
Crece Pelo leave in
Silicon Mix + leave in
Aveeno Nourish leave in treatment *staple*
Silk Elements leave in cream *staple*
Redken Extreme condish-18 mea**
Redken Extreme strength builder plus**
Redken anti snap leave in **
CJ Repair Me
Kerapro intense treatment
Silk Elements Mega silk moisture treatment
Hollywood beauty castor oil

Was wondering when you were gonna peak in :)

Lita

I'm here...Just rubbed some rice bran thru my hair to seal..

Happy Hair Growing!

ScorpioRising

Professional Lurker
I saw that when I looked it up online. They actually sell those at the local health food store I go to for my oils and AO. How are you liking this brand?

I've only used two shampoos so far, the Long & Strong and the 'Moisturizing' Aloe Vera. The Moisturizing Aloe Vera shampoo didn't cleanse my scalp and it dried out my hair but Long & Strong had the opposite effect, so I just stick with the latter.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
DominicanBrazillian82 I'm in. I love the shine that grapeseed oil gives me. Plus I use AOGPB bi-weekly, alternating w/HSR. Will switch to using GPB weekly. My hair likes this stuff.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Im back in this thang this year also!

GSO will be my boo until stated later. I will be using it to seal....
I have other products that have ceramides included but too lazy to go look and see.

Is Safflower lighter than GSO? Does anyone know?

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I'm in.

I recently found a huge bottle of Wheat Germ Oil lurking in the back of my closet and have been adding it to my weekly DCs and mixing some into my grease (along with EVOO, jojoba oil, vitamin e oil and EVCO).

DominicanBrazilian82

Im back in this thang this year also!

GSO will be my boo until stated later. I will be using it to seal....
I have other products that have ceramides included but too lazy to go look and see.

Is Safflower lighter than GSO? Does anyone know?

To me they are very similar. Never paid too much attention. I will check tonight. Safflower is extreme light though.

venusfly

@DominicanBrazilian82 I'm in!

I bought my hair some Safflower, Grape Seed, Hemp Seed and Wheat Germ Oil (already know my hair likes WG from using Salerm Mask years ago).

I also bought some Gleau Oil to try out.

Coconut Oil is my all time favorite-est best-est oil in the whole wide world but I want to see what these babies can do. :lick: :grin:

Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

@DominicanBrazilian82 I'm in!

I bought my hair some Safflower, Grape Seed, Hemp Seed, Wheat Germ Oil (which I intend to use).

I also bought some Gleau Oil to try out.

Coconut Oil is my all time favorite-est best-est oil in the whole wide world but I will see what these babies can do. :lick: :grin:

You've got all the good ones!!! GSO might make you say Coconut who? Especially if you prefer a lighter oil. :Welcome: :)

destinyseeker

I'm in! I'm currently using walnut oil, grapeseed oil and WGO and I'll be looking for tips on incorporating more products as well as these oils into my go to products and reggie.

veesweets

I'd like to join! I'll be using silk dreams shea what, silk dreams nourish oil, shescentit honey rinse, shescentit okra reconstructor, curl junkie repair me, and curly kinks leave in