**2013 Ceramides Challenge**

youwillrise

im in for the win!

i'll be using:

shea moisture baby ointment (contains safflower oil)
kinky curly perfectly polished (contains wheat germ oil)
sunflower oil

destinyseeker

destinyseeker How are you using them now?

I use walnut oil & grape seed oil in my scalp oil mix and as add-ins to my deep conditioner

I also use grape seed in my moisture spray mix and with WGO in my MN mix.

WGO is massaged into my scalp every other day (in between my MN days)

I've never thought to seal with grape seed or walnut oils... I'm definitely going to be trying that. :)

DominicanBrazilian82

I'd like to join! I'll be using silk dreams shea what, silk dreams nourish oil, shescentit honey rinse, shescentit okra reconstructor, curl junkie repair me, and Curly Kinks Leave-In

Don't you just love this! I'm glad I posted those today on the list. If you have any other products you use that are not on the list and contain ceramides, let me know. I'm always updating the list with your products, my research and products I have :)

ScorpioRising

Professional Lurker
I'd like to join! I'll be using silk dreams shea what, silk dreams nourish oil, shescentit honey rinse, shescentit okra reconstructor, curl junkie repair me, and curly kinks leave in

I was eyeing the Curly Kinks DC since Im searching for new DCs and leave ins to try, now ill just go for their leave in too as opposed to a Darcy's leave in I was thinking of purchasing. I can't wait to order when all these sales are done (I have no patience for the wait times that comes with sales lol)

Sent from my jacked iPhone

DominicanBrazilian82

ScorpioRising... I have the DC and lurve it! Its so thick and creamy and gives my hair great slip and moisture-retention. I will definitely re-up on this. My order for BF came with a sample of their Polished oil spray. Its ceramide packed too! and really, really light.

veesweets

I was eyeing the Curly Kinks DC since Im searching for new DCs and leave ins to try, now ill just go for their leave in too as opposed to a Darcy's leave in I was thinking of purchasing. I can't wait to order when all these sales are done (I have no patience for the wait times that comes with sales lol)

I love the leave in, the slip is fantastic. Reminds me of KCKT but a little thicker and for my hair its more moisturizing. I was running through bottles of KCKT left and right but a little of the satin roots goes a long way. I was looking at the DC during the sale, I might get a sample size from sage to try it out

ScorpioRising

Professional Lurker
@ScorpioRising... I have the DC and lurve it! Its so thick and creamy and gives my hair great slip and moisture-retention. I will definitely re-up on this. My order for BF came with a sample of their Polished oil spray. Its ceramide packed too! and really, really light.

A light oil spray!? I definitely will be purchasing since I'm reintroducing oils (ceramides specifically) into my regimen :yep:

DominicanBrazilian82

A light oil spray!? I definitely will be purchasing since I'm reintroducing oils (ceramides specifically) into my regimen :yep:

Polished.jpg

Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot Kernel Oil), Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower Oil), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Oil), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed Oil), Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Fragrance

Guinan

Re-Branding
Just applied sum queen helene cholesterol conditioner & sealed with sum walnut oil.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

ScorpioRising

Professional Lurker
View attachment 184941

Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot Kernel Oil), Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower Oil), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Oil), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed Oil), Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Fragrance

It looks delicious :lick: I'll have to purchase it on their site though since Curlmart and Sage doesnt carry it. Have you found their customer service to be consistent? If their service is good I think I can be patient with the 1-2 week shipping process.

sharifeh

I'm in.
My ceramide staples are AO HSR and grape seed oil and silk dreams wheat germ butter conditioner

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

It looks delicious :lick: I'll have to purchase it on their site though since Curlmart and Sage doesnt carry it. Have you found their customer service to be consistent? If their service is good I think I can be patient with the 1-2 week shipping process.

I've only ordered once from them, but it was well within the time allotted for shipping... and it was during Black Friday. So I can safely assume that once "sale-time" has died down, turnaround time will probably be much better. But it is definitely well worth the wait. I do weekly rollersets and I spray as a finishing spray daily... NO WEIGHT AT ALL.

CocoGlow

Im low porosity and will be using my products with ceramides as normally used but I'll use the oils after my hair is already dry then scrunch the oil in. My hair hates it when I apply oils while its still wet.

I'm like you. Oils and cremes on dry hair only! The only thing I put on wet hair is a leave-in or thermal spray for heat (direct and indirect).

ScorpioRising DominicanBrazilian82

Very intertesting applying oils to dry hair...thanks for responding to my question! Low porosity hair seems to be rare but I think I may have low porosity (not 100% sure) :spinning:

So then you are not sealing your moisture in with oils since your hair is already dry when you apply oils?

Do you ladies ever apply oils to pre-poo or oil rinse?

DominicanBrazilian82

Very intertesting applying oils to dry hair...thanks for responding to my question! Low porosity hair seems to be rare but I think I may have low porosity (not 100% sure) :spinning:

So then you are not sealing your moisture in with oils since your hair is already dry when you apply oils?

I do oil prepoos... I love Sunflower Oil prepoos on my hair. I only add oil to my hair when it's dry. Either after I moisturize or as a prepoo...

CocoGlow

Hey Ladies!

Question:

Has anyone used BOTH Sunflower & Safflower Oil?

Are they drastically different in ceramide content and/or feel on your hair?

Can they be use interchageably?

ScorpioRising

Professional Lurker

In my opinion when I apply oils on dry hair the moisture that is in my strands are still able to be sealed in with a light oil. It still prevents the moisture from escaping. You can find articles on oils and low porosity hair and many will suggest using oils on dry hair. Especially since scientifically water and oil don't mix and oil cannot penetrate water, so for me its more effective to apply it on dry hair. And my leave ins have a good amount of oils which also has a sealing effect.

I do coconut oil prepoo treatments every now and then on dry hair. Oil rinses did not work with my hair at all no matter what oil I used.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm back and as I always say......I will try to post consistently.

Gleau oil
Hemp seed oil
Trigger light-grape seed, safflower
Silk Dreams nourish-wheat germ, safflower, rice bran
Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner

I plan to buy some sunflower and safflower oil soon.

I use the oils to prepoo/hot and as the "o" in the LOC method.

The wheat germ conditioner I can use to cowash & as a leave in. This conditioner is the ish :yep:.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Dcing/prepooing on dry hair w/AOGPB and grapeseed oil under a baggy for about an hour. I love the way this combo makes my hair easy to detangle.

lamaria211

Today was wash day, I used my Aveeno Nourish leave in treatment (wheat germ oil), my crece Pelo leave in (ceramide) and sealed with GSO!

Blairx0

If AO HSR counts then I'm in I am going back to basic and using that and yogurt for my dc PERMANENTLY

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Doing a prepoo right now under a shower cap with my ends saturated in wheat germ oil. Will do this overnight. And steam it in for 15 mins in the am. Will try adding wheat germ oil to my DC mix.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
And what might this slice of heavenly goodness be called?

It really is heavenly goodness that I use sparingly because a co-worker had a side business that went under and this treatment was one that they made and sold for a ridiculously high price. .

Eta: I didn't realize that hsr is a ceramide:grin: I cowash with it daily 0-5 weeks post.

DominicanBrazilian82

It really is heavenly goodness that I use sparingly because a co-worker had a side business that went under and this treatment was one that they made and sold for a ridiculously high price. .

Eta: I didn't realize that hsr is a ceramide:grin: I cowash with it daily 0-5 weeks post.

AOHSR ingredients list... WGO is very high on this long list.

INGREDIENTS INCI: Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa rubignosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tocopheryl acetate, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, angelica archangelica extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii flower extract, ascorbic acid. *Organic

Last edited: