2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Iwanthealthyhair67

Psalm 18
I love you, Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn[c] of my salvation, my stronghold.

3 I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.

6 In my distress I called to the Lord;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.
7 The earth trembled and quaked,
and the foundations of the mountains shook;
they trembled because he was angry.
8 Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.
9 He parted the heavens and came down;
dark clouds were under his feet.
10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
he soared on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded.[d]
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
with great bolts of lightning he routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, Lord,
at the blast of breath from your nostrils.
16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
20 The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord;
I am not guilty of turning from my God.
22 All his laws are before me;
I have not turned away from his decrees.
23 I have been blameless before him
and have kept myself from sin.
24 The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.

25 To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
26 to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the devious you show yourself shrewd.
27 You save the humble
but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
28 You, Lord, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.
29 With your help I can advance against a troop[e];
with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect:
The Lord’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You make your saving help my shield,
and your right hand sustains me;
your help has made me great.
36 You provide a broad path for my feet,
so that my ankles do not give way.
37 I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed.
38 I crushed them so that they could not rise;
they fell beneath my feet.
39 You armed me with strength for battle;
you humbled my adversaries before me.
40 You made my enemies turn their backs in flight,
and I destroyed my foes.
41 They cried for help, but there was no one to save them—
to the Lord, but he did not answer.
42 I beat them as fine as windblown dust;
I trampled them[f] like mud in the streets.
43 You have delivered me from the attacks of the people;
you have made me the head of nations.
People I did not know now serve me,
44 foreigners cower before me;
as soon as they hear of me, they obey me.
45 They all lose heart;
they come trembling from their strongholds.
46 The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock!
Exalted be God my Savior!
47 He is the God who avenges me,
who subdues nations under me,
48 who saves me from my enemies.
You exalted me above my foes;
from a violent man you rescued me.
49 Therefore I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
I will sing the praises of your name.
50 He gives his king great victories;
he shows unfailing love to his anointed,
to David and to his descendants forever.

@GoddessMaker

When we read this in church last night I thought of you. God has given you power over that which you fight, depression and being double minded are also enemies...anything or anyone that is in opposition of God is in opposition of the Beleiver in God.

I know that one day you will be delivered and set totally free. I reserve my space on this board to SHOUT (literally) and WRITE HALLEJUAH's when you post your testimony.

LifeafterLHCF

I thank you all for praying. I feel like I make a bigger deal out of my failures and issues than is needed. I embarked on a recovery process at church which we were told might pull some major things out. I didn't believe it but I can see it. Last week it was my energy levels so low now it's feelings of the old me who died. I will press through and keep going 12 weeks from now I will be happy I did. I want to run but I have no place to run. It's either face it or not. I would rather face it.

HeChangedMyName

The devil keeps you oppressed and depressed by getting you to look to yourself and your failures. Jesus lifts you up and out of your troubles when you look to Him and His finished work for you.--Joseph Prince

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
sweetvi

http://www.examiner.com/article/tim-tebow-cancels-dallas-church-speaking-engagement

Tim Tebow cancels Dallas church speaking engagement
Tim TebowFebruary 22, 2013
By: Marie Anne St. JeanSubscribe

Since cancelling his speaking engagement with the First Baptist Church of Dallas that was scheduled for April, New York Jets Quarterback Tim Tebow has tongues wagging again, both in support of his decision, and those who think it’s a copout and that he’s bowing to pressure. Speaking out on Twitter, Tebow had this to say about the cancellation in a series of tweets on Thursday, Feb. 21:

“While I was looking forward to sharing a message of hope and Christ's unconditional love with the faithful members of the historic First Baptist Church of Dallas in April, due to new information that has been brought to my attention, I have decided to cancel my upcoming appearance. I will continue to use the platform God has blessed me with to bring Faith, Hope and Love to all those needing a brighter day. Thank you for all of your love and support. God Bless!

Never giving a true reason for his decision to back out of his appearance in Dallas, it’s speculated that some of the bad press received by Pastor Robert Jeffress after comments about same-sex marriage could be a factor, and that Tebow doesn’t want his name hitched to that wagon.

First Baptist Church of Dallas has a large local congregation with an even bigger following through online media resources, and is noted for bringing in celebrated speakers and musicians. Tebow’s personal testimony would have joined the ranks of Christian author and psychiatrist Dr. James Dobson, author and televangelist Dr. David Jeremiah, and Christian recording artist Phil Wickham, all scheduled to appear in Dallas in April, 2013.

Although a public figure, shouldn’t Tebow be allowed to decide where he will and will not appear? The choices he makes should be between him and God.

Thanks for sharing this 'Healthy Hair' :giveheart:

Christians have to realize that God backs up those who 'BACK HIM UP'. How would He not? He's our Father.

No matter what choices we make in life, there will always be a group of 'whoevers' that will have something negative or disagreeable to say about us. Always.

Well, who cares? As long as I'm standing for God and His Righteousness, who cares? Ever since I've been saved I've endured persecutions of divers manners and it only made me stronger and love God all the more.

Sin persecutes too. So serving and taking a public stand for God is a much better decision. Let the oppressors fall on their knees and surrender their hearts to God. Life is far better, standing and honouring Jesus.

LifeafterLHCF

God's word is good. Like from the start of creation God's word was good and is good. Tonight was rough in recovery. It was hard because it was our first meeting as a group. It was good to see others who have issues and are working them out with and through God. I need and was created to depend on God. That is something I haven't done. With that I was designed to need community. I was shown that tonight and was shown Godly love for real. I'm not a big deal in a negative others are just taking me in like nothing. Thank you Jesus for the body.

brg240

hey if you could all lift up people that self harm today that would be awesome. Today is Self Injury Awareness Day.

MrsHaseeb

Psalm 19:13-14 KJV
Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins ; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. [14] Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord , my strength, and my redeemer.

LoveisYou

Frustrated:
I wish more Christians would go about "correction" the way the Bible outlines it. All of us falter and need correction at various points but gossiping about another's shortcomings with other Christians isn't the way. How do we solve the problem that way, we only hurt our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Sigh.....

LifeafterLHCF

Hiked and fellowshipped with my home group from church today. It was interesting. They were all so sweet and loving and wanted me to be near. So I feel right at home. I don't feel so lone wolf in this walk anymore.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Opposition comes in all forms... praying for those praying for others in earnest.

Isaiah 54:17
New King James Version (NKJV)
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord.

LoveisYou

Who are you? You are who God says you are!

You are a child of the King
Angels of God go before you
You are an heir and joint heir with Jesus Christ
You have the power to walk on serpents
You are the head and not the tail
You walk and you live in divine favor
You are blessed beyond measure
You are MORE THAN a conqueror through Christ

LifeafterLHCF

When times of trouble come on we must not beat outselves up but lean into what God has done. I know I fail to remember how God has brought people out for the existence of the world and nothing is new or surprising to him.

Thankful for fellowship tonight and being able to release. I dislike when I'm in a mood of not wanting to be bothered but thankful for love.

JaneBond007

GoddessMaker this is you:

CaliiSwagg

I know I haven't been in this section for the longest but I just had to some and share somethings that I have been having on my mind as of late.

3 simple words:

THANK YOU JESUS.

I have been through the most spiritually and even walked away from God for a whole yr due to issues I had personally, spiritually, ect. I didn't want this religion I was sold, I just wanted hiim. And despite all of that, when Christ is ready to have you back on track, there is nothing you can do to spot him.

I went from being a devout christian to an agnostic back to being a lover of All things Jesus.

It's not about church, its not about our performance, its not about our emotions, its not about rules, it's not about all of the petty things we think are a big deal, ect.

It's about love, compassion for others, empathy, understanding, acceptance and the like.

It took me walking away and coming back to realize that this walk isn't easy by any means, but it is necessary for humanity as a whole.:yep: It is about the creator connecting with his creation.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

CaliiSwagg that makes me shout. I may need to call the church mothers before I pass out. This is soo refreshing.Jesus you are great alone. You are there even when we say we don't know you. Lord Jesus thank you!

CaliiSwagg

@CaliiSwagg that makes me shout. I may need to call the church mothers before I pass out. This is soo refreshing.Jesus you are great alone. You are there even when we say we don't know you. Lord Jesus thank you!

@GoddessMaker

:lol::lol: your so silly!!! Girl, I am going to have to text you because it seems like everything has takin a 360 in my life in almost every area. And in like a matter of like 2 weeks:look:.

I'm over here like... Jesus? That you?:look:

...:lol::lol: knowin dog on well it's him:lachen:.

He most definitely is, and I believe he can relate to us and understand us a lot more than we give him credit for.

Despite me getting back to the word, prayer, ect., I honestly have no rush to get back into a chruch. I know at some point it'll happen, but I honestly feel like i need to spend some one on one time with God alone for a few months or so without all that "extra" as I call it.

Last edited:

stephluv

CaliiSwagg;18014819 Despite me getting back to the word said:
CaliiSwagg -I know how you feel dear... I was on the same path for almost a yr...and I was getting closer to God on my own time and was not in a rush to go back to church...but now i'm going to church more because fellowship is important and you never know what plans HE has for you...just keep praying and asking for guidance

CaliiSwagg

@CaliiSwagg -I know how you feel dear... I was on the same path for almost a yr...and I was getting closer to God on my own time and was not in a rush to go back to church...but now i'm going to church more because fellowship is important and you never know what plans HE has for you...just keep praying and asking for guidance

stephluv
I will and thank you :kiss:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Saw this and wanted to share:

Dear God, You have not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. We break the strongholds formed against our emotions today and we give our emotions to you. We break the strongholds formed against our will today, we give our will to You and choose to make the right decisions of faith. We break the strongholds formed against our body today; we give our body to You recognizing that we are your temple. We rejoice in Your mercy and goodness.

Heavenly Father, we pray that now and through this day You would strengthen and enlighten us. Show us the ways that we are being hindered and tempted. Enable us to be the kind of person that would please You. Enable us to be aggressive in prayer and faith. Enable us to be aggressive mentally, to think about and practice Your Word, and to give You Your rightful place in our life. Your Word contains promises and we will trust them. We will use the Bible as our guide and we will trust You to speak to us through Your Word today and forever. Amen

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Dry Places?
Drench it with living water...

John 7:38
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Leigh

No pressure, no diamonds. - Mary Case

I saw this on twitter today and it is true. We have to have as much pressure as needed.

LifeafterLHCF

I made a big step.I applied for my masters degree. I will be going forward to work in counseling. I feel so calm about it. Like I just did it. It wasn't nothing to delay in my proceeding. Hopefully I will get enough money and will start in Aug.

Laela

2 Corinthians 1:20-22 (KJV)
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

The Message (MSG)
Whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. In him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God’s Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting his Yes within us. By his Spirit he has stamped us with his eternal pledge—a sure beginning of what he is destined to complete.

American Standard Version (ASV)
For how many soever be the promises of God, in him is the yea: wherefore also through him is the Amen, unto the glory of God through us.
Now he that establisheth us with you in Christ, and anointed us, is God;
who also sealed us, and gave us the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Laela

I may not personally meet everyone God has burdened to pray for me, but I am grateful for them!