2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Nice & Wavy

"If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. "If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand." Mark 3:25-26

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Sharing an enjoyable story:

WHO IS YOUR DADDY?​

A seminary professor was vacationing with his wife in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. One morning they were eating breakfast at a little restaurant hoping to enjoy a quiet family meal. While they were waiting for their food to be served, they noticed a distinguished looking white haired man moving from table to table visiting with the guests.

The professor leaned over and whispered to his wife “I hope he does not come over here.” Sure enough, the man did come over to their table.

“ Where are you folks from?" He asked in a friendly voice. “ ‘Oklahoma’ they answered. “Great to have you here in Tennessee” the stranger said. “what do you do for a living?”

“I teach at a seminary” he replied. “ So you teach preachers how to preach do you? Well, I have got a really great story for you” and with that the gentleman pulled up a chair and sat down at the table with the couple.

The professor groaned and thought to himself “great. Just what I need...another preacher story. "

The man started, "See that mountain over there? (pointing out the restaurant window). Not far from the base of that mountain ,there was a boy born to an unwed mother. He had a hard time growing up ,because every place he went, he was always asked the same question “Hey boy Who’s your daddy? ’Whether he was at school, at the grocery store people would ask the same question “Who is your daddy?"

He would hide at recess and lunchtime from other students. He would avoid going into stores because that question hurt him so bad. When he was 12 years old a new preacher came to his church.And still, this kid would always go in late and slip out early to avoid hearing the question, “Who is your daddy?”

But one the day the new preacher said the benediction so fast he got caught and had to walkout with the crowd. Just about the time he got to the back door, the new preacher, not knowing anything about him , put his hands on his shoulder and asked him, “Son, where is your daddy?”

The crowd around the preacher and the boy got deathly quiet. He could feel every eye there, were gazing at him. Now everyone would finally know the answer to that question, “who is your daddy”?

This preacher, though, sensed the situation around him and using discernment that only the Holy Spirit could give said the following to the scared boy... ”Wait a minute! I know who you are! I see the family resemblance now. You are a child of GOD”. With that he patted the boy on his back and said “Son you have a great inheritance. Go and claim it”.

With that, the boy smiled for the first time in a long while and walked out of the door a changed person. He was never the same person again. Whenever anyone asked him that question he would now say “I am a child of GOD”.

The distinguished gentleman got up from the table and said, ”Isn’t that a great story? The professor responded that it really was a great story! As the man turned to leave, he said, “You know, if that new preacher hadn’t told me that I was one of God’s children, I probably never would have amounted to
anything!"
And he walked away.

The seminary professor and his wife were stunned. He called the waitress over and asked her “Do you know who that man was- the one who just left that was sitting at our table?”

The waitress grinned and said “Of course. Everybody here knows him. That’s Ben Cooper. He’s the former Governor of the state of Tennessee !’

Someone in your life needs a reminder that they are one of God’s children.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My son is going to church next Sunday.

Praise Ye the Lord!

Nice & Wavy... this is such a beautiful blessing. Praise God. I shouting and praising God right along with you and Pastor A... :love3:

[URL=http://gifsoup.com/view/3173255/church-shouting.html][IMG]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3173255/church-shouting-o.gif[/URL] GIFSoup[/IMG]

Nice & Wavy

Sharing an enjoyable story:
This was such a blessing and very encouraging for someone, I'm sure.

Laela, would you consider putting this in my thread "Going Through? This Thread is for You!" This is the kind of posts I would love to see there.

God bless you, always sis :love2:

Nice & Wavy

@Nice & Wavy... this is such a beautiful blessing. Praise God. I shouting and praising God right along with you and Pastor A... :love3:

[URL="http://gifsoup.com/view/3173255/church-shouting.html"][IMG]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3173255/church-shouting-o.gif[/URL] GIFSoup[/IMG]

Thank you, sis...I know you are :love3: Praying against all obstacles!

Love the dance....:lol::lol:...she has that two step down packed too!

Iwanthealthyhair67

From The Ministry of Encouragement

WHO ARE YOU?

If someone were to ask, "Who are you?" my guess is that you would tell a little about yourself and what you do - "I'm an electrician" or "I'm a nurse." But that's not really who you are - its what you do. Which leads to the question. If what you do is who you are, who will you be when you stop doing what you're doing?

Who you are is found in your relationship to Jesus. And this sense of identity will drive your behavior. Take Matthew, for example. As a tax collector during the reign of the Roman Empire, his life was driven by greed. But everything changed the day Jesus showed up and ivited Matthew to follow Him (Matt. 9:9). Suddenly Matthew had a whole new identity as a follower of Christ! And he wasn't the only one. We also read about four fisherman in Matthew 4:18-25, Peter, Andrew, James, and John, who left their nets to follow Him.

Jesus ia s complelling Person, and He is stilllooking for followers. He wants to make something of your life by giving you the identity of a follower of Jesus. It may not mean giving up your career, but it does mean that you will do your work - and all of life according to His will and ways.

So next time someone asks, 'Who are you?" I hope you'll answer, "I am a follower of Jesus"!

If you are a follower of Jesus, that's all the identity you need.

scriptuer Text: Follow me and I will make you fishers of men. - Matthew 4:19

Nice & Wavy

From The Ministry of Encouragement

WHO ARE YOU?

If someone were to ask, "Who are you?" my guess is that you would tell a little about yourself and what you do - "I'm an electrician" or "I'm a nurse." But that's not really who you are - its what you do. Which leads to the question. If what you do is who you are, who will you be when you stop doing what you're doing?

Who you are is found in your relationship to Jesus. And this sense of identity will drive your behavior. Take Matthew, for example. As a tax collector during the reign of the Roman Empire, his life was driven by greed. But everything changed the day Jesus showed up and ivited Matthew to follow Him (Matt. 9:9). Suddenly Matthew had a whole new identity as a follower of Christ! And he wasn't the only one. We also read about four fisherman in Matthew 4:18-25, Peter, Andrew, James, and John, who left their nets to follow Him.

Jesus ia s complelling Person, and He is stilllooking for followers. He wants to make something of your life by giving you the identity of a follower of Jesus. It may not mean giving up your career, but it does mean that you will do your work - and all of life according to His will and ways.

So next time someone asks, 'Who are you?" I hope you'll answer, "I am a follower of Jesus"!

If you are a follower of Jesus, that's all the identity you need.

scriptuer Text: Follow me and I will make you fishers of men. - Matthew 4:19
Good morning, sis :kiss:

I loved this...thank you so much. I'm going to share this!

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you, sis...I know you are :love3: Praying against all obstacles!

Love the dance....:lol::lol:...she has that two step down packed too!

No obstacles... in Jesus' Name, no obstacles. :love2:

God has made all the crooked places straight, all the high places low and the gates of brass crushed into dust.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

As for the two step... I love it. Now, I have to 'learn' it. :lol:

Nice & Wavy

I have a friend who was divorced, but believing that she and her husband (who was my friend too) would reconcile. They were close friends even though they weren't married any longer.

He just passed away and I know she is devastated. I am so sorry to hear this ....:cry:

Iwanthealthyhair67

this is so sad, I will be praying for his family.

I have a friend who was divorced, but believing that she and her husband (who was my friend too) would reconcile. They were close friends even though they weren't married any longer.

He just passed away and I know she is devastated. I am so sorry to hear this ....:cry:

Shimmie

Staff member

I cannot even imagine how heartbroken this precious woman is.

Dear God... there are no words for this. No words. Yet we do have you and the sweet precious name of Jesus... who just the very sound of His name, brings healing to every broken heart. So with my heart, I speak over her your name... "Jesus", Sweet Jesus. Jesus is her healer and her joy.

If I could move the world back to when he was alive, I would. I would do this for so many hearts of women and men who love so dearly and so deeply their husband or wife who has departed this life....too soon, far too soon.

Yet, if I could pray a prayer so effectively and powerfully as such... I would... I surely would. To give them a chance to become new and one again.

Only you Father God, only you have that power and therefore, according to the Love of His heart for your friend, she shall be healed from this pain....in Jesus' Precious Name.

Amen and Amen.

Nice & Wavy

1 Thes.5:17 "pray without ceasing" Never Forgetting the victims and the families of

9-11-2001 ..
Thank you for this post.

Living in New York at that time and working for a major not-for-profit agency who was inundated with work in the aftermath of this terrible tragedy, in addition...ministering to so many people that began to flood the churches at that time.....this day reminds me that although there is great evil in this world, there is an even greater amount of people that need Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savoir.

LadyBugsy

Today I completed a 21 day Daniel Fast. I was fasting for spiritual, mental, personal and professional clarity in my life.

Things were not easy on my fast. I went on a family vacation and was questioned, then supported regarding my fast. Some people tried to dissuade me from fasting but I had a goal in mind and I met it!

Just today, things have started looking up and I give the glory to G-D for moving things in my life.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hi Wavy :wave:

Don't mind at all; I certainly will... stay blessed~

This was such a blessing and very encouraging for someone, I'm sure.

Laela, would you consider putting this in my thread "Going Through? This Thread is for You!" This is the kind of posts I would love to see there.

God bless you, always sis :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy...

Your post here truly hit home today and just soothed my heart and soul. The commute to and from work has been so draining the past several weeks and it is affecting everyone, not just me.

Today was.... unreal.

When I arrived home, I logged on and saw this.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=18955889&postcount=47

God was assuring me that..... He 'knew', what I was going through. :love3:

Thank you for such a healing Ministry.

:bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
Just sitting here at my desk having a random thought.... and this question popped up:

You know what I see a lot of?...

Shimmie

Staff member
No, what, what do you see a lot of?

Well, a lot of the men associated with my job are 'older' and many of them have obviously 'younger wives'. Most of these men are 'bending retirement' (approaching retirement).

And I was just thinking ... Didn't these women realize 'back then' that their older husbands would get even more 'older'. Some of these men look more like 'fathers' than husbands.

What's up with that? :look:

Iwanthealthyhair67

The word travail has really been ringing in my spirit lately.

He Sis, @LucieLoo12

It's worth it to study that word...

The English word travail originated from a French word meaning heavy labor - travel originated from the same word (in ancient times, travel was heavy labor). Eventually, travail also came to be used to refer to childbirth, hence the roundabout way that "labor" also came to refer to the birth process.

Isaiah 66:8 says that as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Travailing is also warfare, groaning and moaning like a woman in childbirth, experiencing 'birth pangs' and this is how our prayers are suppose to be in this season.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Well, a lot of the men associated with my job are 'older' and many of them have obviously 'younger wives'. Most of these men are 'bending retirement' (approaching retirement).

And I was just thinking ... Didn't these women realize 'back then' that their older husbands would get even more 'older'. Some of these men look more like 'fathers' than husbands.

Shimmie

Older men have always liked younger woman, but they don't always look the part...think about where that desire comes from.

Speaking about older men with younger wives, my step father is 83 his last child (my sister) is 20, you do the math.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie

Older men have always liked younger woman, but they don't always look the part...think about where that desire comes from.

Speaking about older men with younger wives, my step father is 83 his last child (my sister) is 20, you do the math.

Wow... the Math. :yep:

It is sooooooooo important to pray about Marriages.

Lord, is 'he' my 'Forever'? Will my vows unto him endure? :pray:

momi

Hmmm - do you think the women "mind" that their husbands look older? Does it appear that they have "aged" together?

sweetvi

I must continue to pray without ceasing.......... I have been distracted lately but God keeps so encouraging me to stand firm.....

Shimmie

Staff member
Marriage is a most honorable estate, created and Instituted by God, signifying unto us the mystical union, which also rests between Christ and the Church; so too may this marriage be adorned by true and abiding love.

Should there be anyone who has cause why this couple should not be united in marriage, they must speak now or forever hold their peace.

Who is it that brings this woman to this man?

(God betroths His Daughters)

Bride and Groom:

Life is given to each of us as individuals, and yet we must learn to live together. Love is give to us by our family and friends. We learn to love by being loved. Learning to love and living together is one of life’s greatest challenges and is the shared goal of a married life.

But a husband and wife should not confuse love of worldly measures for even if worldly success is found, only love will maintain a marriage. Mankind did not create love; love is created by God. The measure of true love is a love both freely given and freely accepted, just as God’s love of us is unconditional and free.

Today truly is a glorious day the Lord hath made – as today both of you are blessed with God’s greatest of all gifts – the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman. All present here today – and those here in heart – wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success and the world has to offer.

As you travel through life together, I caution you to remember that the true measure of success, the true avenue to joy and peace, is to be found within the love you hold in your hearts. I would ask that you hold the key to your heart very tightly.

Within the Bible, nothing is of more importance than love. We are told the crystalline and beautiful truth: “God is Love”.

We are assured that “Love conquers all”. It is love, which brings you here today, the union of two hearts and two spirits. As your lives continue to interweave as one pattern, remember that it was love that brought you here today, it is love that will make this a glorious union, and it is love which will cause this union to endure.

Vows

(Groom) I,________________ take thee _________________, to be my wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.

(Bride) I,___________________ take thee ________________ to be my Husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.

Exchange Of Rings

In Ephesians, the relationship between husband and wife is compared to between Christ and the church:

Charge to the Couple
______________________ and ___________________ as the two of you come into this marriage uniting you as husband and wife, and as you this day affirm your faith and love for one another, I would ask that you always remember to cherish each other as special and unique individuals, that you respect the thoughts, ideas and suggestions of one another. Be able to forgive, do not hold grudges, and live each day that you may share it together – as from this day forward you shall be each other’s home, comfort and refuge, your marriage strengthened by your love and respect.

Prayer

”___________________ and ________________ the two lighted candies symbolize your separate lives, your separate families and your separate sets of friends. I ask that you each take one candle and that together you light the center candle.

The individual candies represent your individual lives before today. Lighting the center candle represents that your two lives are now joined to one light, and represents the joining together of your two families and sets of friends to one.”

Pronouncement As Husband & Wife

____________________ and ___________________in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in Matrimony, have promised your love for each other by these vows, the giving of these rings and the joining of your hands, I now declare you to be husband and wife.

Benediction

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance unto you, and give you peace.

Congratulations, you may kiss your bride.

I present to you Mr. and Mrs. ____________________________.

------------------------------------
- See more at: http://www.vowsoftheheart.com/ceram...istian-wedding-ceremony/#sthash.wAXy4LEy.dpuf