2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LadyBugsy

Things are looking up for me and I give all of the glory to G-D. After my fast, I felt better and have had a better outlook on things. I give him praise!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Things are looking up for me and I give all of the glory to G-D. After my fast, I felt better and have had a better outlook on things. I give him praise!

Congratulations... I am very happy for you and your victory. God is so faithful to us. God bless you and enjoy the beauty of the love that God has 'just' for you. :yep:

:blowkiss:

Nice & Wavy

Amen :kiss:

this is so sad, I will be praying for his family.
Thank you so much, sis :love3:. I spoke to my friend and the family is holding up well.

I cannot even imagine how heartbroken this precious woman is.

Dear God... there are no words for this. No words. Yet we do have you and the sweet precious name of Jesus... who just the very sound of His name, brings healing to every broken heart. So with my heart, I speak over her your name... "Jesus", Sweet Jesus. Jesus is her healer and her joy.

If I could move the world back to when he was alive, I would. I would do this for so many hearts of women and men who love so dearly and so deeply their husband or wife who has departed this life....too soon, far too soon.

Yet, if I could pray a prayer so effectively and powerfully as such... I would... I surely would. To give them a chance to become new and one again.

Only you Father God, only you have that power and therefore, according to the Love of His heart for your friend, she shall be healed from this pain....in Jesus' Precious Name.

Amen and Amen.
Oh, Shimmie....what a beautiful prayer. She really misses him and I shared your prayer with her and she cried and said "Thank you for being so kind and sensitive to the Holy Spirit." :love2:

Hi Wavy :wave:

Don't mind at all; I certainly will... stay blessed~
Thank sis :love2:

@Nice & Wavy...

Your post here truly hit home today and just soothed my heart and soul. The commute to and from work has been so draining the past several weeks and it is affecting everyone, not just me.

Today was.... unreal.

When I arrived home, I logged on and saw this.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=18955889&postcount=47

God was assuring me that..... He 'knew', what I was going through. :love3:

Thank you for such a healing Ministry.

:bighug:
Amen, sis...God's riches blessings on you, always :kiss:

I must continue to pray without ceasing.......... I have been distracted lately but God keeps so encouraging me to stand firm.....
Stand and after you have done all to stand....STAND! Your breakthrough is right around the corner!!! Will keep you in my prayers, sis :bighug:

Nice & Wavy

Marriage is a most honorable estate, created and Instituted by God, signifying unto us the mystical union, which also rests between Christ and the Church; so too may this marriage be adorned by true and abiding love.

Should there be anyone who has cause why this couple should not be united in marriage, they must speak now or forever hold their peace.

Who is it that brings this woman to this man?

(God betroths His Daughters)

Bride and Groom:

Life is given to each of us as individuals, and yet we must learn to live together. Love is give to us by our family and friends. We learn to love by being loved. Learning to love and living together is one of life’s greatest challenges and is the shared goal of a married life.

But a husband and wife should not confuse love of worldly measures for even if worldly success is found, only love will maintain a marriage. Mankind did not create love; love is created by God. The measure of true love is a love both freely given and freely accepted, just as God’s love of us is unconditional and free.

Today truly is a glorious day the Lord hath made – as today both of you are blessed with God’s greatest of all gifts – the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman. All present here today – and those here in heart – wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success and the world has to offer.

As you travel through life together, I caution you to remember that the true measure of success, the true avenue to joy and peace, is to be found within the love you hold in your hearts. I would ask that you hold the key to your heart very tightly.

Within the Bible, nothing is of more importance than love. We are told the crystalline and beautiful truth: “God is Love”.

We are assured that “Love conquers all”. It is love, which brings you here today, the union of two hearts and two spirits. As your lives continue to interweave as one pattern, remember that it was love that brought you here today, it is love that will make this a glorious union, and it is love which will cause this union to endure.

Vows

(Groom) I,________________ take thee _________________, to be my wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.

(Bride) I,___________________ take thee ________________ to be my Husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, and I promise my love to you forevermore.

Exchange Of Rings

In Ephesians, the relationship between husband and wife is compared to between Christ and the church:

Charge to the Couple
______________________ and ___________________ as the two of you come into this marriage uniting you as husband and wife, and as you this day affirm your faith and love for one another, I would ask that you always remember to cherish each other as special and unique individuals, that you respect the thoughts, ideas and suggestions of one another. Be able to forgive, do not hold grudges, and live each day that you may share it together – as from this day forward you shall be each other’s home, comfort and refuge, your marriage strengthened by your love and respect.

Prayer

”___________________ and ________________ the two lighted candies symbolize your separate lives, your separate families and your separate sets of friends. I ask that you each take one candle and that together you light the center candle.

The individual candies represent your individual lives before today. Lighting the center candle represents that your two lives are now joined to one light, and represents the joining together of your two families and sets of friends to one.”

Pronouncement As Husband & Wife

____________________ and ___________________in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in Matrimony, have promised your love for each other by these vows, the giving of these rings and the joining of your hands, I now declare you to be husband and wife.

Benediction

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance unto you, and give you peace.

Congratulations, you may kiss your bride.

I present to you Mr. and Mrs. ____________________________.

------------------------------------
- See more at: http://www.vowsoftheheart.com/ceram...istian-wedding-ceremony/#sthash.wAXy4LEy.dpuf
You know what? This is such a blessed post and I sensed in my spirit right as I was reading it, that someone needed to read this and ponder on it in their heart. I don't know if its someone who is a member here or someone who lurks, but they need to remember this as a covenant and not just mere words to say.

I praise God for you, Shimmie...God Bless you, girl! :love2:

blazingthru

According to a new September 11 poll by the Barna Research Group, 41% of all United States adults believe the world is now living in the "end times" described in the Bible. The research group asked a random sample of 1000 Americans "Do you, personally, believe that the world is currently living in the ‘end times’ as described by prophecies in the Bible, or not?” 54 percent of Protestants and 77 percent of Evangelicals said yes! The response was much different among Catholics with 73 percent saying no, although among Catholics who attend mass regularly 45 percent said yes.

gvin89

Each one of us is God's special work of art. Through us, he teaches and inspires, delights, encourages, informs and uplifts all those who view our lives.
Joni e. Tada

Iwanthealthyhair67

I heard a pastor say once we spend 8 hours sleeping 8 hours working and 8 hours doing what? Is God anywhere in the remaining 8 hrs.

Not to guilt anyone but to make you think, how much time to do we spend with God or doing the things of God each day. Most days it's all about us, our jobs and families and we usually give him (God) the left overs. I challenge you and I challenge myself to really make time God, yes we have obligations and responsibilities but none of it should come before God or take the place of God.

Remember this, only what we do for Chirst will last.

Shimmie

Staff member
You know what? This is such a blessed post and I sensed in my spirit right as I was reading it, that someone needed to read this and ponder on it in their heart. I don't know if its someone who is a member here or someone who lurks, but they need to remember this as a covenant and not just mere words to say.

I praise God for you, Shimmie...God Bless you, girl! :love2:

Thank you Precious Wavy... :love2:

The Marriage Ceremony is Ministry. How many really and truly 'listen' to it and 'hear' what is actually being said, including the Bride and the Groom. Are the wedded couple so distracted with the 'hype' of the day, that they don't hear what God is saying to them as they enter into Marriage?

Are they entering in 'unadvisedly'... ?

This doesn't apply to "Marriage' only. It applies to every area of our lives. Whatever it is that we are about to embark upon. Whatever it is that we are about to 'commit' to do.

Before we make that commitment, to anyone or anything.... we wait and take heed to seek God first and to study the 'contract's bylines and the ever existing 'small / tiny' print. We stop, drop and pray .... All of our decisions should not be entered into, 'unadvisedly'.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen...

Shimmie

Staff member
I heard a pastor say once we spend 8 hours sleeping 8 hours working and 8 hours doing what? Is God anywhere in the remaining 8 hrs.

Not to guilt anyone but to make you think, how much time to do we spend with God or doing the things of God each day. Most days it's all about us, our jobs and families and we usually give him (God) the left overs. I challenge you and I challenge myself to really make time God, yes we have obligations and responsibilities but none of it should come before God or take the place of God.

Remember this, only what we do for Chirst will last.

Good Word, Healthy Hair... Good Word :up:

Keep God in the 2-3 hour Commute... and during the 8 hours of work and even in our sleep.

"Holy Spirit, Welcome into My Dreams. Come inside and reside, speak freely to my heart, what you desire to speak to me....

Counsel my reigns in the 'night seasons (Psalm 16)... I welcome you to tell me what to do. When I awaken, I shall be refreshed and at peace for you sustained me through the night and into all of my days, for thou art with me. .. Always.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

Nice & Wavy

Thank you Precious Wavy... :love2:

The Marriage Ceremony is Ministry. How many really and truly 'listen' to it and 'hear' what is actually being said, including the Bride and the Groom. Are the wedded couple so distracted with the 'hype' of the day, that they don't hear what God is saying to them as they enter into Marriage?

Are they entering in 'unadvisedly'... ?

This doesn't apply to "Marriage' only. It applies to every area of our lives. Whatever it is that we are about to embark upon. Whatever it is that we are about to 'commit' to do.

Before we make that commitment, to anyone or anything.... we wait and take heed to seek God first and to study the 'contract's bylines and the ever existing 'small / tiny' print. We stop, drop and pray .... All of our decisions should not be entered into, 'unadvisedly'.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen...
This is so true...Amen!

sweetvi

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whomsoever shall believe will have everlasting life" John 3:16

I believe Lord, I believe...

Shimmie

Staff member

:cry: ;cry: :cry:

Awwwww, thank you. Sis you made my day.

Truly, you did. I had to call my attorney today and it took a lot for me to do so. It means 'changes' and filing against those in this situation; I just do not feel up to it.

I've been sitting here at my desk.. Sighing, thinking and talking to the Lord with a huge *Le Sigh*... He lead me to this thread and your message.

Thank you so much for being my sister and for being in tune to the Holy Spirit.

Sis, you 'heard' my *sigh*. Seriously, you did. All the way up here.

Thank you... so much.

Nice & Wavy

:cry: ;cry: :cry:

Awwwww, thank you. Sis you made my day.

Truly, you did. I had to call my attorney today and it took a lot for me to do so. It means 'changes' and filing against those in this situation; I just do not feel up to it.

I've been sitting here at my desk.. Sighing, thinking and talking to the Lord with a huge *Le Sigh*... He lead me to this thread and your message.

Thank you so much for being my sister and for being in tune to the Holy Spirit.

Sis, you 'heard' my *sigh*. Seriously, you did. All the way up here.

Thank you... so much.

You are my friend....and as 'Stepin Fetch it' would say "I'd do that much for you" I know "You would do that much for me and more!"

You are a blessing in this forum....you encourage and bless us with your words and love. I just wanted you to know how much you bless me AND to use my new glow messages....:lol:...I'm a ham!

:kiss:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
On-air midday reminder... "Worry about nothing; instead pray about everything" Oh what a blessing to trly be anxious for naught

PinkPebbles

"When I was a child, my minister father brought home a 12-year-old boy named Roger, whose parents had died from a drug overdose. There was no one to care for Roger, so my folks decided they’d just raise him as if he were one of their own sons.

"At first it was quite difficult for Roger to adjust to his new home—an environment free of heroine-addicted adults! Every day, several times a day, I heard my parents saying to Roger: ’No, no. That’s not how we behave in this family.’ ’No, no. You don’t have to scream or fight or hurt other people to get what you want.’ Or ’No, no, Roger, we expect you to show respect in this family.’ And in time Roger began to change.

"Now, did Roger have to make all those changes in order to become a part of the family? No. He was made a part of the family simply by the grace of my father. But did he then have to do a lot of hard work because he was in the family? You bet he did. It was tough for him to change, and he had to work at it. But he was motivated by gratitude for the incredible love he had received.

"Do you have a lot of hard work to do now that the Spirit has adopted you into God’s family? Certainly. But not in order to become a son or a daughter of the heavenly Father. No, you make those changes because you are a son or daughter. And every time you start to revert back to the old addictions to sin, the Holy Spirit will say to you, ’No, no. That’s not how we act in this family.’" (Craig Barnes, author and pastor of National Presbyterian Church, Washington, D.C.; from sermon "The Blessed Trinity," 5-30-99)

Divine.

You ladies are so inspiring. I hope to be as in tune with the Holy Spirit as you all are one day.

I think I'm getting better though. I was reading Joyce Meyer's battlefield of the mind, but for some reason I stopped. I just felt something tell me I needed to continue reading. That's when I came across this chapter called Mind Binding Spirits. The Lord knew I needed to read that!

I have been feeling so out of touch lately. I didn't feel connected to God. Little did I know what was going on in the spiritual realm. I prayed for God to release me from Satan's strongholds in my life and let me tell you...I feel so good! Who would've thought that was the reason I have been feeling so out of it. I will never discredit how powerful Satan can be over my life again. He exists and he will sneak in if you allow him to.

Last edited:

stephluv

On-air midday reminder... "Worry about nothing; instead pray about everything" Oh what a blessing to trly be anxious for naught

Laela - this was my mid-day prayer verse today Phil 4:6- "Be anxious for nothing and Pray about everything" :grin: I love confirmations!

MrsHaseeb

Hebrews 10:36 ESV

For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.

Divine.

This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let your prophets and fortune-tellers who are with you in the land of Babylon trick you. Do not listen to their dreams, (Jeremiah 29:8 NLT)

I keep seeing this verse...I'm not sure how it applies to me, but it's obvious The Lord wants me to see it. I woke up feeling something wasn't right. Idk what's going on. I could just be overreacting but I'm definitely going to be aware of who I come into contact with today.

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^ I keep seeing/hearing about Sanballat and Tobiah we studied the chapter last year now it keeps popping up I'm going to read the whole chapter again.

Nice & Wavy

When someone tells people to NOT focus on sin, but to look only at the fact that God loves everybody, that that's the only thing that is important..... I say this, there will be many people that will be separate from God for eternity....:nono: if they listen to him.

Yes, GOD LOVES MAN, but................HE HATES SIN.

"There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers." Proverbs 6: 16-19

Sosa

When someone tells people to NOT focus on sin, but to look only at the fact that God loves everybody, that that's the only thing that is important..... I say this, there will be many people that will be separate from God for eternity....:nono: if they listen to him.

Yes, GOD LOVES MAN, but................HE HATES SIN.

I agree. People in sin should be made aware of the vileness of their sin and be told that GOD HATES sin (not sinners). And there is also a way to do it without having sinners feel 'judged', turned off, condemned. IMO I think most Christians really find it hard to strike a balance.

We should point out the sin yes, talk about how vile it is and how God hates it. BUT, we shouldn't point out someone's mistakes without pointing also to God's Mercy, don't talk about how guilty they are without talking about God's Grace, don't show them their failures without showing them the Forgiveness from God that is available to them.

Sinners should be allowed to feel ashamed of their sin as it will sometimes drive them to repentance. But they should know of the sure and only hope that is available for them. That there is as much grace available in Christ in proportion to whatever magnitude of their sin.

It takes wisdom to win and save souls.

Nice & Wavy

I agree. People in sin should be made aware of the vileness of their sin and be told that GOD HATES sin (not sinners). And there is also a way to do it without having sinners feel 'judged', turned off, condemned. IMO I think most Christians really find it hard to strike a balance.

We should point out the sin yes, talk about how vile it is and how God hates it. BUT, we shouldn't point out someone's mistakes without pointing also to God's Mercy, don't talk about how guilty they are without talking about God's Grace, don't show them their failures without showing them the Forgiveness from God that is available to them.

Sinners should be allowed to feel ashamed of their sin as it will sometimes drive them to repentance. But they should know of the sure and only hope that is available for them. That there is as much grace available in Christ in proportion to whatever magnitude of their sin.

It takes wisdom to win and save souls.
Thank you for this post:yep:.

sweetvi

This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, the God of Israel, says: “Do not let your prophets and fortune-tellers who are with you in the land of Babylon trick you. Do not listen to their dreams, (Jeremiah 29:8 NLT)

I keep seeing this verse...I'm not sure how it applies to me, but it's obvious The Lord wants me to see it. I woke up feeling something wasn't right. Idk what's going on. I could just be overreacting but I'm definitely going to be aware of who I come into contact with today.

Divine.
That scripture girl! That scripture! I went through something just like that scripture. I believed and everything. Thank God for repentence! Lol thank you