2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

TwoSnapsUp

God spoils me sometimes. Literally, I'll think about something I want. Nothing serious, just a random thought. Then poof, there it is. I thank him for the smalls things, too.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Word of the Day
Hab. 2
19 Woe to him who says to wood, 'Awake!' To silent stone, 'Arise! It shall teach!' Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, Yet in it there is no breath at all. 20 But the Lord is in His holy temple. Let all the earth keep silence before Him."

Nice & Wavy

10 Things We Should Be Thankful and Grateful For:

1. Got drinkable water? About 1.1 billion people in the world don’t have access to clean drinking water. Because of that, about 9 million people will die this year because of water-related illnesses. The next time you open a bottle of Dasani or drink from your tap, remember that millions of women around the world spend an average of four hours daily walking to get water.

2. Do you eat three meals a day? The World Health Organization estimates that one-third of the world’s population is overfed, one-third is underfed and one-third is starving. Approximately 925 million people in the developing world are chronically undernourished, and 15 million children die annually because of hunger.

3. Got electricity? About 1.5 billion people in this world have no access to electrical power. In the nation of Malawi, where I preached two weeks ago, only 9 percent of the people have electric lights. Do you enjoy that oven in your kitchen? The next time you prepare a meal, remember that 2.5 billion people in the world still use wood or charcoal to cook their food. Do you enjoy your washing machine? Data analyst Hans Rosling recently reported that 5 billion people in the world still wash their clothes by hand.

4. Got a roof over your head? The U.N. Commission on Human Rights says there are 100 million homeless people in the world. One in three children in the world live without adequate shelter. And today there are about 42 million people who are living as refugees. Most were displaced by war and live in crude camps.

5. Do you own a car? The United States still has the highest number of motor vehicles in the world. Globally, only 1 out of every 8 people has access to a car. Many of the others either walk, take crowded buses or public vans or ride on bicycles, rickshaws or animals. Did you fly somewhere in the past year? You are blessed. Only 5 to 7 percent of people in the world have ever flown in an airplane.

6. Do you have a flushable toilet? The United Nations Development Program reports that 2.6 billion people do not have access to any toilet facilities. India has the largest percentage of people who lack adequate sanitation. About 638 million Indians must go outdoors.

7. Can you read? Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names. There are 72 million children who should be in school but are not enrolled. If you have a college degree, you are in a privileged minority; only 6.7 percent of people in the world have a college diploma.

8. Do you have health care? Here in the United States, we are debating the pros and cons of Obamacare—and griping about the reliability of the government’s infamous health care website. But let’s keep in mind that in developing countries, you might wait 8 hours to see a doctor in a clinic where there are no medicines and no electricity—and you might have to bribe the doctor to see him.

9. Do you have political freedom? About 1.6 billion people in the world live in repressive societies where they have no say in how they are governed. They face severe consequences if they express their beliefs or assemble peacefully. The most oppressive countries today include North Korea, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Eritrea and Equatorial Guinea.

10. Are you free to worship? More than 75 percent of the world's population lives in areas with severe religious restrictions. Christians in more than 60 countries face persecution simply because of their belief in Jesus Christ.

I encourage you to make your own list of blessings. Thanksgiving is not an optional virtue. Without it, our pride swells and our selfishness consumes us. This is why David wrote, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits” (Ps. 103:2, NASB). Thanksgiving is an important exercise because it adjusts our attitude. It calibrates our hearts so we remember again why we are blessed and who deserves the credit for our blessings.

Iwanthealthyhair67

SPIRITUAL JUNK FOOD

In many countries, childhood obesity is at an all-time high. A major culpit in such unhealthy weight gain is poor eating habits and junk food.
The term junk food refers to items that taste good but lack nutritional value and are often very high in calories and fat. Chips, soft drinks, candy bars, cookies, and many meals purchased at fast=food restaurants fit these criteria.

To be spiritually healthy, we have to avoid "spiritual junk food" as well. Some religious teachers proclaim "a different gospel" (Gal.1:6), ranging from health=and-wealth to a counterfeit spirituality. And some Christian music and books also contain false teaching. Taking in this kind of "food" may seem to satisfy spiritual hunger, but it will not lead to spiritual health.

Hebrew warns us:"Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrine. For it is good that the heart be established by grace" (Heb. 13:9). False teaching is detrimental to our health and is not profitable, because it cannot cleanse from sin nor give power for spiritual growth. But biblical content that is based upon grace and truth does both.

Avoid "spiritual junk food" and instead feast on God's Word to promote your spiritual health.

Feeding on God's truth will help us avoid swalling lies.

Scripture Text; Hebrew 13:9.

Nice & Wavy

Times we live in are so wicked...thank God, Jesus is coming back to take us from this evil, wicked place.:nono:

Church of England Proposes Celebrating Gay Marriage
http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/g...medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Church of England clergy would be able to recognize and celebrate same-sex marriages and partnerships in church services under proposals unveiled on Thursday that strengthen the church's more open approach to homosexuality.

The proposals come after the mother church for the world's 80 million Anglicans earlier this year dropped its ban on gay clergy in civil partnerships becoming bishops.

One of 18 recommendations put forward by a two-year working group suggested clergy should "be able to offer appropriate services to mark a faithful same-sex relationship".

The group, which had its dissenters, also said the church should warmly welcome and affirm "the presence within the church of gay and lesbian people both lay and ordained".

"The church's teaching on sexuality is in tension with contemporary social attitudes, not only for gay and lesbian Christians but for straight Christians too," noted the report that will now be discussed by key groups in the church.

The spiritual head of the Church of England, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, has acknowledged there has been a "revolution" in attitudes towards homosexuality and that the church's stance against gay marriage could be seen as out-of-step with public opinion.

Parliament approved same-sex marriage earlier this year, despite opposition from several religious groups and Conservative legislators, allowing gay couples to marry in England from 2014.

© 2013 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

JaneBond007

Respecting one's body goes far beyond using condoms in pre-marital sex. The body is so precious, G-d dwells there within the soul. Maybe virginity, celibacy and responsibility towards other by not enticing them into pre-marital sex ought return to the Black community. There are enough hurt children without fathers, women dying of AIDS and infected with other sti's/std's and most importantly, dry hearts.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Times we live in are so wicked...thank God, Jesus is coming back to take us from this evil, wicked place.:nono:

Church of England Proposes Celebrating Gay Marriage
http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/g...medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Church of England clergy would be able to recognize and celebrate same-sex marriages and partnerships in church services under proposals unveiled on Thursday that strengthen the church's more open approach to homosexuality.

The proposals come after the mother church for the world's 80 million Anglicans earlier this year dropped its ban on gay clergy in civil partnerships becoming bishops.

One of 18 recommendations put forward by a two-year working group suggested clergy should "be able to offer appropriate services to mark a faithful same-sex relationship".

The group, which had its dissenters, also said the church should warmly welcome and affirm "the presence within the church of gay and lesbian people both lay and ordained".

"The church's teaching on sexuality is in tension with contemporary social attitudes, not only for gay and lesbian Christians but for straight Christians too," noted the report that will now be discussed by key groups in the church.

The spiritual head of the Church of England, Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, has acknowledged there has been a "revolution" in attitudes towards homosexuality and that the church's stance against gay marriage could be seen as out-of-step with public opinion.

Parliament approved same-sex marriage earlier this year, despite opposition from several religious groups and Conservative legislators, allowing gay couples to marry in England from 2014.

© 2013 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

Hi Precious Wavy... I miss you here. I'm so seldom in the Random Thoughts thread, but when I saw your post, I had to come in... if only to say :wave: and that I 'heart' you and Pastor 'A'... :giveheart:

As for these Churches, God is separating the 'Tares from the Wheat'... here on earth and in the Body of Christ.

God's message here to the Church is not to be fearful of maintaining a strong stand upon God's Word ... His Life's Blood to each of us. Yet these Churches who bend to satan's pressures are not faithful neither are they strong in the Lord. They 'fear' man rather than reverence God.

'We' (You, me and many, many others who stand for God's Word) 'We' 'get it'... We understand that God's love is for all. We 'get it' that all should be treated with love and as human hearts... We 'get' that no one should be shamed, torn down, rejected or humiliated... WE GET THAT! And in so 'getting that', we are casting stones upon no one, nor any race nor gender.

However, we cannot support what is wrong, and gay marriage is indeed wrong on all accounts, and it can never be made right by any man, any woman, any politician, nor any change in any man-made law.

gay marriage / rights are not to be compared to the rights of Blacks for being Black is not a sin; being Black is not a disease; being Black is not an offensive to God nor His Word.

What bothers me most is that this attack is upon the children of our next generation(s). Their innocent minds are being deceived into acceptance of a lifestyle which can only destroy their souls. Parents are being 'bullied' from fighting for the rights of their children's souls, as well as Churches which are also being 'bribed' to take on the gay agenda.

Here's a news article on it:

Gay Activists Recruiting Pastors in War Against God’s Word

I'll print the entire article in the next post.

Nice & Wavy...

In the meantime, I support your heart in this. You are a cherished Pastor alongside your Husband and the two of you have proved nothing but 'Faithful' unto God and His Love towards 'ALL' and His Word.

I love you, my Precious Wavy... My sister... :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
The Article:

Gay Activists Recruiting Pastors in War Against God’s Word

When I was on Fox News Radio with Alan Colmes, he asked me if I thought homosexuals were actively recruiting people to become gay. Of course, that’s a ridiculous assertion, and I told him, “Absolutely not.” But that doesn’t mean there’s not plenty of recruiting going on in the gay activist camp—and it’s happening through a so-called Bible-based, Christian nonprofit.

Indeed, the Reformation Project seeks to reform church teaching on sexual orientation and gender identity. Recently the group held its first leadership conference for 50 straight, gay, bisexual and transgender Christians who are committed to reform. The group actually held a “Bible boot camp” at the United Methodist Church in Kansas City, Kan., to “equip them with the tools and training they need to go back to their communities and make lasting changes to beliefs and interpretations that marginalize lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.”

And get this: Now that those people have graduated from the boot camp, the Reformation Project has vowed continual personal, financial and infrastructural support for months and even years following to get the job done. The project’s founder, 23-year-old Matthew Vines, has made it his personal mission to ensure his new recruits—even those with the “biggest and most daunting goals”—can overcome.

“Crucially, the aspiring reformers that we train will not be seeking to change their churches by asking them to ignore or look past the Bible. The Bible is not anti-gay,” Vines asserts on his website. “It never addresses the issues of same-sex orientation or loving same-sex relationships, and the few verses that some cite to oppose those relationships have nothing to do with LGBT people. Careful, persistent arguments about those passages have the power to change every Christian church worldwide, no matter how conservative its theology. The mission of the Reformation Project is to train a new generation of Christians to streamline that process and accelerate the acceptance of LGBT people in the church.”

So, I’m not going to get into all the Bible verses that address the issue of sexual immorality. But you can go read Leviticus 20:13, Leviticus 18:22, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Timothy 1:10, Romans 1:26-28 and Jude 1:7 for starters. The Bible absolutely addresses the issues of same-sex orientation. I am not sure exactly what Vines’ “careful, persistent arguments” are against these and other passages. He doesn’t outline them on his site. But the conference program indicates sessions included teaching on the history of homosexuality in the biblical world; Sodom and Gomorrah; Leviticus 18 and 20; Romans 1; and 1 Corinthians 6 and 1 Timothy 1—all of which suggest that Vines is combating all the Scriptures I mentioned. The agenda even includes leadership, organizing and public speaking skills.

Make no mistake, this conference was just the beginning. Vines makes clear his intention to expand aggressively as soon as he can raise the money to take his Reformation Project conferences across the U.S. and even overseas.

“Here in America, we will partner with churches and pastors to develop vocal and visible allies in churches across the country," he explains. "We will launch regional offices in places where LGBT people have the least support, and we will work to reform the churches there from within. Soon, gay kids in Jackson, Mississippi and Kingston, Jamaica won’t just have to hear on YouTube that it gets better—they will have the personal support of outspoken, influential Christian allies in their communities who can ensure that it does.”

Vines may think this is a God-given strategy, but I assure it you that it comes straight from the enemy’s camp. Vines thinks he’s merely going against church tradition. And if that were the case, I might join him. There are plenty of “traditions of men” in the church that are shutting people out of the kingdom of God. But standing against sexual immorality is not one of them.

Vines is one of many this year I’ve seen take up arms against God. But you can’t fight God and win. Not in the end, anyway. The Reformation Project uses the logo of a dove and promises a Bible-based, gospel-centered approach to inclusion. But the only Bible-based, gospel-centered, Holy Spirit-led approach to inclusion is to help people break free from LGBT bondage, not to use “careful, persistent arguments” to justify them. I pray that the Holy Spirit will break in with light and show Vines the truth, because he's leading people astray.

Expect to see more and more of this in the years ahead. Indeed, this is just the beginning. We will see more mainline churches giving groups like this a platform and more sincere Christians buying into the argument despite God’s clear word on the matter. We’ll see it, in part, because we’ve largely lost the fear of the Lord in our nation. We’ve made church a place to meet our own needs rather than worship God and get equipped to live a life that will make people hunger and thirst for righteousness. We’ve put our light under a bushel so it won’t hurt the eyes of those living in darkness.

It’s time to change all that. Jesus is returning soon. We need to resist the temptation to bow to the spirit of the world and rise up in the Holy Spirit, speak the truth in love and stand our ground. These are dangerous times for those who compromise. The great falling away isn’t too far away (2 Thess. 2:1-3). Those who endure to the end shall be saved (Matt. 24:13).

Shimmie

Staff member
Rest In Peace

Paul Crouch

Awwwwww, I'm sorry to hear of this. May he rest in peace and also the hearts of his family and loved ones to be healed from the pain of his passing.

He was a hard worker and actually a pioneer in raising up the satellites around the world in order to bring forth the message of God's love.

While I may not agree with some of the guests on his station, I still have to respect the great work and the heart of this man who lived for Christ to be known around the world. I pray for Matt, Paul Jr., Lauri, and especially Jan, his faithful wife. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

JaneBond007

And oldie but certainly, a goodie:
Proverbs 31:

25 Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the [j]future.

30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who [l]fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
31 Give her the [m]product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates.

-----------------------------------
Even though she takes care of herself in fine linens, her true clothing are strength and dignity that come from service to her family. Her rewards will be great. G-d didn't intend for a person's worth to be in appearances. The greatest person is the lowliest...he who serves.

MrsHaseeb

Please keep me in prayer. Someone broke into my car and I have almost been a nervous wreck living by myself. I have to remember that unless the Lord keeps this house it will not be kept. My anxiety is in vain because only He can provide true protection.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Please keep me in prayer. Someone broke into my car and I have almost been a nervous wreck living by myself. I have to remember that unless the Lord keeps this house it will not be kept. My anxiety is in vain because only He can provide true protection.

MrsHaseeb Your house is a house of prayer and no weapon formed against you will prosper, you know that fear is torment and is not of God, cast your cares all anxious thoughts on him because he cares for you.

You know the word now speak it, believe it, all will be well and I pray that you will have sweet sleep to tonight.

MrsHaseeb

MrsHaseeb Your house is a house of prayer and no weapon formed against you will prosper, you know that fear is torment and is not of God, cast your cares all anxious thoughts on him because he cares for you.

You know the word now speak it, believe it, all will be well and I pray that you will have sweet sleep to tonight.

Amen Sis and thank you.

JaneBond007

I just wanted to say that it seems that these past few months are times the enemy has truly harassed G-d's people with fear. We are triumphant...why? Who is our Father? Your posts are so very true! Thank you, ladies.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Please don't take offense in my saying this, but this is to encourage you and remind you of who you are in Christ.

I find that the devil is upping his game and so we must do the same, he is attacking us in every area imaginable, please let's not give him a foot hold, but let us respond to every situation with the word of God.

We know it and we should utilize the very power that He has given us, yes we are human but humans whom power and authority is given by HS. If we don't utilize the word or believe in the power of the word when we are crisis how will be know that it DOES work.

In these times that is what we have to hold on to, the very promises of God. Know that He will not leave us or forsake us in any situation. Despite what we feel, think or see as a result of what we are experiencing, we must put Him in remembrance of His word not for Him because he does not forget but for us, because we forget.

Every situation is temporary, but God is unchanging and steady His word never fails, He never fails. It is how we respond to situation that will determine its outcome. If you make a mistake don't loose heart keep on going.

I encourage you today as I encourage myself please don't give up, don't give in, don't quit we ARE more than conquerors.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Sorry to hear about your car, MrsHaseeb. These are trying times, and people are desperate, esp around the holidays. I'll also keep in prayer the folks who violated your privacy. May God have mercy on them. I'm not surprised, though, to see your resolve. Standing firm on God's Word is a great testament of faith for others to witness.

Shimmie

Staff member

:bighug:

I'm sorry this happened to you. I agree with Healthy Hair's comforting words to you. As well as Jane Bond's post which makes so much sense about what happen to you. Laela's post is indeed on point... :yep:

You are truly loved here MrsHaseeb...:yep:

Hear this... You are indeed strong in the Lord and in the power of His might -- You will rise up strong and command the enemy to go back from whence he came, for nothing shall by any means hurt you...

You have a heart that is filled with loving humility and compassion and in this alone, is your strength and character. The enemy has to back off least you beat him down...

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

December 3, Morning

I would seek God, and I would place my cause before God

Is anything too difficult for the LORD?-Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will do it.--Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God --Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you.

Hezekiah took the letter from the hand of the messengers and read it, and he went up to the house of the LORD and spread it out before the LORD. And Hezekiah prayed to the LORD

It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.--The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

I love the LORD, because He hears My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.

Job 5.8. Ge. 18.14.--Ps. 37.5.--Phil 4.6.--
1 Pe. 5.7. Isa 37.14, 15. Isa. 65.24.--
Jas. 5.16. Ps. 116.1, 2.

gn1g

I went to a neighborhood restuarant, and it is really really in the hood, for lunch. I wanted some fish and they sale fish and chicken the food is really good. The place is always crowded with alot of random ghetto people. When I pulled up, I saw 2 men washing the windows and no one else in the shop. I thought to myself I am not going to order anything if the people cleaning the windows are going to cook my food.
So the first man looked at me strange and i walked over to the counter he eventually walked up behind me and said what would you like, I said I am looking at the menu. He said come here and let me help you. I said just a minute. Then I saw a cook in the back so I begin to tell him my order. He had an accent and after looking at him, determined he was ethopian. I said how long will my order take he said about 10 minutes. I said ok i am going to walk over to the beauty supply next door and I will be back. He said ok.

I came back, no other customers were there and my food was sitting on the bar where I could see it but not get it. so the ethopian rushed up and went behind the counter, grabed a cup and filled it with water. the cook went in the back and the ethopian slowly dranked his cup of water. finally i said is that my order, he said yes still moving slow. finally he said what would you like to drink. i said i didnt order anything to drink. he said it's on me.
he begin to pour up my drink and said Jesus brought you here!

He wants you to know that he is in control and that there is nothing that you can do to change the way he feels about you. He loves you NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. he begin to tell me all about Jesus. so then he says can i just say a little prayer for you. I was shocked because i always thought of them as muslims!

The little ethopian began praying strong SPIRITUAL WARFARE prayers for me! WOW. I was amazed at the prayers that came from him.