2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprayze

[USER=248302]SingBrina[/USER];19383921 said:
I use jbco oil with it... hmm

Try to isolate each product to determine what's causing the irritation. I would clarify between using each product.

jprayze

I think today makes 3 days this week using MN. I want to do a LC and trim and hopefully with the growth I've obtained since my last LC, I will still be BSL after the trim.

knt1229

I have a question. Please help if you can.

I have a relative with missing edges. She doesn't wear wigs or weaves but her hair around her edges will not fully grow in. It will grow in patches.

Do you think using MN will help her? I was thinking of suggesting she mix some castor oil and MN and rub it on the bald patches around her scalp everyday.

jprayze

I have a question. Please help if you can. I have a relative with missing edges. She doesn't wear wigs or weaves but her hair around her edges will not fully grow in. It will grow in patches. Do you think using MN will help her? I was thinking of suggesting she mix some castor oil and MN and rub it on the bald patches around her scalp everyday.

Sorry for the late response but I think it's definitely worth a try!

BFeathers

I have a question. Please help if you can.

I have a relative with missing edges. She doesn't wear wigs or weaves but her hair around her edges will not fully grow in. It will grow in patches.

Do you think using MN will help her? I was thinking of suggesting she mix some castor oil and MN and rub it on the bald patches around her scalp everyday.

It's worth a shot with dedication. My sides began balding late last year due to stress and hormonal changes. I can pinpoint where it happened and those two things were the only big things going on.

I lurked here and found a recipe for an essential oil growth aid - cedarwood, rosemary, thyme and lavender. Basically the Rogaine treatment all natural. I've been using that with castor oil and MN mixed into an oily custard and my sides are finally starting to grow in!

But I'm OCD with it. I massage my scalp like crazy after I put it on with my fingers and a soft brush to where I feel my scalp tingling. It's growing slow but I see fuzz coming in in a little over 3 weeks so that's something1

Kentmane

It's worth a shot with dedication. My sides began balding late last year due to stress and hormonal changes. I can pinpoint where it happened and those two things were the only big things going on.

I lurked here and found a recipe for an essential oil growth aid - cedarwood, rosemary, thyme and lavender. Basically the Rogaine treatment all natural. I've been using that with castor oil and MN mixed into an oily custard and my sides are finally starting to grow in!

But I'm OCD with it. I massage my scalp like crazy after I put it on with my fingers and a soft brush to where I feel my scalp tingling. It's growing slow but I see fuzz coming in in a little over 3 weeks so that's something1

BFeathers

Did it work on your sides?

BFeathers

BFeathers

Did it work on your sides?

It's filling them in yes. Slowly but there's definitely noticeable fuzz.

My sides grow super slow and it's weird because I have hair on the very edge on my sides but not in the middle region. I do think the combo of castor oil, MN and those essential oils I listed is helping.

Pinkicey

I have been a member of the Monistat/hair growth cult :lol:; since 2005. Over the years I have had some setbacks using the product. Had big breakage in 2009 and ended up cutting my hair in to a TWA to even it . realized it makes my hair dry so I must condition condition, condition. But I swear by it . Currently I am using it with glovers mane and 14 in 1 along with grape seed oil. Remember the dryness I spoke of. This combo is to heavy for the summer months. So today I have mixed the MN with 14in 1 spray moisturizer alone. I have a personal challenge to grow out my hair 1/2 inch each month from May 2013 to Jan 2014. that is the third anniversary of my starting my healthy hair journey. I am realizing that with all aspects of hair care there is trial and error.

Did it make your scalp dry? Were you using it all over your hair?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Mn is the only growth aid that I can use. I tried sulfur oil for a couple weeks and got horrible tangles and shedding. I tried castor oil and it made my scalp itch like crazy...

Last month I found a tiny tube of mn in my bathroom drawer and I applied it twice a week until I ran out. About 6 applications total. This is my growth from last month.

I rushed to Walmart to buy another tube once I saw my results. I have been using it undiluted about twice a week. I will post another update after my blowout next week. At this rate I will be bsl by February and Mbl by June :rocker:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1417034010113.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1417034010113.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 47

jprayze

Thanks for sharing!! In 2014, I didn't get nearly as much growth as I did in 2013 and I attribute that to not using MN. I started again recently

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks for sharing!! In 2014, I didn't get nearly as much growth as I did in 2013 and I attribute that to not using MN. I started again recently

I only grew 3 inches this year. If I can double that with mn I will be super happy :yep: Would you like to host an Mn 2015 challenge? I will gladly join :grin:

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Mn is the only growth aid that I can use. I tried sulfur oil for a couple weeks and got horrible tangles and shedding. I tried castor oil and it made my scalp itch like crazy...

Last month I found a tiny tube of mn in my bathroom drawer and I applied it twice a week until I ran out. About 6 applications total. This is my growth from last month.

I rushed to Walmart to buy another tube once I saw my results. I have been using it undiluted about twice a week. I will post another update after my blowout next week. At this rate I will be bsl by February and Mbl by June :rocker:
Looks like more than an inch! I also use mine undiluted. In the past, it gave me the fastest growth of any growth aid (1+ inches monthly), however, it seemed to wane after 2 consecutive months. Right now I'm only applying it to a portion of my hair that I cut too short when I BC'd because I know it will zoom my growth to catch up with the rest of my hair.

Sulfur has always given me consistent .75-1" growth 5 months on, one month off. MN I have to do 2 months on, one month off.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Looks like more than an inch! I also use mine undiluted. In the past, it gave me the fastest growth of any growth aid (1+ inches monthly), however, it seemed to wane after 2 consecutive months. Right now I'm only applying it to a portion of my hair that I cut too short when I BC'd because I know it will zoom my growth to catch up with the rest of my hair.

Sulfur has always given me consistent .75-1" growth 5 months on, one month off. MN I have to do 2 months on, one month off.

I waa shocked when I saw the growth. It usually takes me 4 months to grow an inch. I plan to use it for a couple months at a time and rest for one month in between. I am really excited about my end of year length check. This will be my first full month using mn. My appt is for Tuesday. I will post an update in this thread. We really need a '15 challenge or hangout spot :yep:

jprayze

Ok be on the lookout ladies...I will start up a challenge/hangout because I'm trying to get to WL in 2015.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I applied mn mixed with lavender oil tonight. Then I cross wrapped my hair. I will apply it again on Friday. Every 2-3 days works best for me.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^Just looked at the beginning of this thread and sure enough this is the one I joined when I first tried MN. Yeah, I got good results for those two months. I think I was getting about 3/4" in each month for those two months. I need to try this again. :look:

Status
Not open for further replies.