2013 Random Scriptures Verses For Reflection, Encouragement & Meditation

Nice Lady

Meditation on God's Word (i.e., Scriptures verses) is a powerful tool. We ought to meditate on His Word daily because the environment is naturally negative and for our development as Christians (Psalm 1:2). In the Bible, we are promised that meditation will make our way prosperous, have good success and be a tree planted by the river of waters (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:3). Second, meditation is a way of building up our spiritual inner strength. Third, the Holy Spirit will bring it to our remembrance in situations in which we need divine guidance and to rescue us from trouble. Finally, it teaches us how to walk in our new nature in Christ.

So, I am asking you to post Scriptures that you are meditating on because you never know if it will encourage someone, bear witness with someone that needs guidance or other reasons unknown to us.

Last edited:

Nice Lady

I will kick off January 1, 2013 with Isaiah 43: 18-21 God's Word Translation:

Forget what happened in the past, and do not dwell on events from long ago. I am going to do something new. It is already happening. Don’t you recognize it? I will clear a way in the desert. I will make rivers on dry land. Wild animals, jackals, and ostriches will honor me. I will provide water in the desert. I will make rivers on the dry land for my chosen people to drink. I have formed these people for myself. They will praise me.

Nice Lady

1 Samuel 12:22-23 NLV
The Lord will not leave His people alone, because of His great name. The Lord has been pleased to make you His people. 23 And as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by not praying for you. But I will teach you the good and the right way.

Nice Lady

@Nice Lady I'll be happy to join this thread, I try to study everyday. This will help me stay diligent

Thank you!

Thanks for your enthusiasm. I really feel as though posting Scriptures that is resonating in our spirits or on our minds will help others. It is a good way to build yourself in the Lord. Let's make this happen...:grin:

AtlantaJJ

2 Chronicles 6:27 - (NASB)

27 then hear in heaven and forgive the sin of Your servants and Your people Israel, indeed, teach them the good way in which they should walk. And send rain on Your land which You have given to Your people for an inheritance.

auparavant

Galatians 5:15

If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

Nice Lady

1 Peter 2:24 YLT
who our sins himself did bear in his body, upon the tree, that to the sins having died, to the righteousness we may live; by whose stripes ye were healed

AtlantaJJ

Colossians 2:4 - The Message (MSG)
2-4 I want you woven into a tapestry of love, in touch with everything there is to know of God. Then you will have minds confident and at rest, focused on Christ, God’s great mystery. All the richest treasures of wisdom and knowledge are embedded in that mystery and nowhere else. And we’ve been shown the mystery! I’m telling you this because I don’t want anyone leading you off on some wild-goose chase, after other so-called mysteries, or “the Secret.”

Nice Lady

Psalm 30:11-12 NLT
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!

AtlantaJJ

Deuteronomy 28:8 - (NLV)
8 The Lord will send good upon you in your store-houses and in all your work. He will bring good to you in the land the Lord your God gives you.

Nice Lady

Deuteronomy 28:8 - (NLV)
8 The Lord will send good upon you in your store-houses and in all your work. He will bring good to you in the land the Lord your God gives you.

Thanks for posting. I am happy that you put down this Scripture.

LifeafterLHCF

John 14:27
English Standard Version (ESV)

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid

James 1:2-4
2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Nice Lady

Isaiah 26:12 NLT

Lord, you will grant us peace;all we have accomplished is really from you.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Psalm 119:18 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)
18 Open my eyes, that I may behold Wonderful things from Your law.

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

PinkPebbles

Hebrews 4:14-16 KJV

14. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Nice Lady

Psalm 100:5 NLT

For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

LiftedUp

Deuteronomy 1:19-21
19 Then, as the Lord our God commanded us, we set out from Horeb and went toward the hill country of the Amorites through all that vast and dreadful wilderness that you have seen, and so we reached Kadesh Barnea. 20 Then I said to you, “You have reached the hill country of the Amorites, which the Lord our God is giving us. 21 See, the Lord your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

This verse spoke to me last night. Often I have to remind myself to have faith in the path that I am being put on and to go forth without fear. I feel that fear holds me and other back from so many things when there is really no reason to be.

Nice Lady

Genesis 15:1 NKJV

After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”

AtlantaJJ

2 Corinthians 5:17
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [a]he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Talking to my son this morning about making good decisions, right choices, not behaving out of our emotions. Making decisions based on spirit and not flesh. Trying to communicate these things to a 15 yo boy. Pray for me ya'll :pray:

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

Nice Lady

Nahum 2:2 MSG

God has restored the Pride of Jacob, the Pride of Israel. Israel’s lived through hard times. He’s been to hell and back.

AtlantaJJ

Numbers 6: 24-26

24 The Lord bless you, and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
26 The Lord lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace.'

Nice Lady

Jeremiah 30:17 GW
I’ll restore your health and heal your wounds,” declares the Lord. “People call you an outcast: Zion, no one cares for you. “This is what the Lord says: I’m going to bring the captives back to Jacob’s tents and show compassion on their homes. Cities will be built on the ruins, and fortified palaces will be built in their rightful place.

Nice Lady

Genesis 49:22-24 Living Translation

Joseph is a fruitful tree beside a fountain. His branches shade the wall. He has been severely injured by those who shot at him and persecuted him, but their weapons were shattered by the Mighty One of Jacob, the Sheperd, the Rock of Israel.

I read this earlier this week. I thought it would be excellent to share with those who are experiencing injustices or oppressed by others--this so commonly happens in the workplace. Don't give up! Things will work in your favor. In 2011, I did a blog in which it more than turned around and both received a form of promotion

AtlantaJJ

And I sought for a man among them who should build up the
wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I
should not destroy it; but I found none. —EZEKIEL 22:30

Nice Lady

2 Chronicles 16:9 NLT

The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

God is always looking to do you good. He is always thinking about you and it's to do you good. So, don't give up hope on things...Keep pressing, believing and you will see the manifestation of the promise.