2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm in...I'm ending a 6-month stretch on Jan 20th. QuirkyDimples we were buddies from 2012...I know you just relaxed...we still buddies?

APL
Texlaxed
Next Relaxer: Jan 20, 2013

Last edited:

Loving

I will be getting a T/U this weekend. I normally go for 9 weeks at a time. Stretching for longer than that doesn't work well for me.

Kim0105

I'll join. I'm getting a virgin relaxer this Saturday. I'm not sure how long I'll go between touch ups but I'll see what my hair does.

Brwnbeauti

I'd like a buddy. I'm 4weeks post relaxed Niv 30, i plan to make it to at least til Valentines Day. 10-12 wks depending on my New growth and shedding.

mschristine

I want a buddy!! I'm 1 week post, stretching 12 weeks so I'll probably relax sometime mid March..just got a heating cap a few weeks ago to up my DC game and hopefully I'll make full shoulder length by June

hnntrr

Allo.

Currently stretching for 8 weeks. I got my texlax done about a week ago. So I have about 7 more weeks to go.
8 weeks is my 100% goal. 12 weeks is my 200% goal. Lovin the ease of this fresh lax though!

Doing the SL challenge and hoping to meet that goal by my next relaxer as well. Changing up my winter regimen and looking forward to getting my curl former set Wednesday/Thursday.

hnntrr

I want a buddy!! I'm 1 week post, stretching 12 weeks so I'll probably relax sometime mid March..just got a heating cap a few weeks ago to up my DC game and hopefully I'll make full shoulder length by June

I will buddy with you! We seem to be on the same goal set :) I am hoping for SL by March/June and also one week post relaxer :) Hoping to go to 12 weeks this time.

mschristine

I will buddy with you! We seem to be on the same goal set :) I am hoping for SL by March/June and also one week post relaxer :) Hoping to go to 12 weeks this time.

Yay!! I got a buddy!! You can do it, I'll encourage you the whole way!

pink219

Looking for a buddy too...

I am about 1 wk post and hoping to not relax again until September... Wish me luck...lol

Hopefully by that time I will be full APL:)

Also I thought I had found the right relaxer for my head...guess not...at least I will have plenty of time to research something that might work.

Last edited:

TheVioletVee

I'm 7 weeks post and plan to relax at the end of March. I want to be SL at the point. Also, I have fine hair & plan to go on another stretch into August.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using LHCF

bebezazueta

Looking for a buddy too...

I am about 1 wk post and hoping to not relax again until September... Wish me luck...lol

Hopefully by that time I will be full APL:)

Also I thought I had found the right relaxer for my head...guess not...at least I will have plenty of time to research something that might work.

pink219 I'll be your buddy! I'm 2 weeks post & will relax March, July, September & December this year.

Tell me more about your relaxer choices.

Rozlewis

I am looking for a buddy also. i am 7 weeks post (will be 8 at the end of this week). I am stretching for 12 weeks. I will plan to touch-up on February 1 or 8th.

Anyone looking for a buddy? :angel:

Toy

I need a buddy 7 wks post will be 8 on Sunday trying to stretch till 12 wks.

Toy

I need a buddy I am 7wks post will be 8 on Sunday trying to stretch till 12wks

Toy

I need a buddy I am 7 wks post I will be 8 wks on Sunday trying to make it til 12 wks.

pink219

pink219 I'll be your buddy! I'm 2 weeks post & will relax March, July, September & December this year.

Tell me more about your relaxer choices.

Yay thanks.

My relaxer choices in the past...

Mizani sensitive scalp...:-( hair dry
Dark & Lovely :-\ hair turns weird brown color...but in a pinch I will still use it...smh...
Ors no lye normal:-\ soft hair but not straight enough...scared to use super relaxers
Silk elements...both lye and no lye...ok...
Vitale mild lye...not straight enough
Vitale regular lye * best I found so far...still not great...
Optimum no lye:-( hair Dry...
Soft & Beautiful Botanicals sensitive scalp:-(

I done tried it all it feels like and still no fav yet:-(

What do you use to relax your hair?

bebezazueta

pink219 lady you have used a lot of relaxers. I use Mizani butter blends. It doesn't get me bone straight but I'm cool with that and I get it done at a salon. But everyone's hair is different. Do you do a mid protein step? Do you use roux porosity control? Do you clarify a week prior to relaxing?

I hope you find the one you love soon buddy!

ETA: looks like no lye relaxers dry your hair out. Do you chelate? And lye relaxers don't get it straight enough for you.

I switched from no lye to lye & since I rollerset, bun & airdry the little texture works good for me & the thickness is a plus also. So you may have to decide what's best for your hair journey.

Last edited:

tasha7239

I want to join!

How many weeks post are you right now? 16 weeks post. Next relaxer 30 Jan 13.

How long are you stretching? This will be my first 20 week stretching. It "seems" to be going good so far. I am excited to see my progress.

Any other info? I wash and DC weekly. I think since its soo cold I will start DCing twice a week. Jan 1 I started back working out, taking my vitamins, and taking my hair seriously.

25Nona

I am a constant lurker in the buddy thread, haven't gotten the guts to reach out for one cause I am the worst with keeping up with threads and challenges. But I wanted to ask you ladies for your opinion on something.

My last relaxer was 10/28 gonna relax again on 1/17. I have been using Precise no-lye relaxer for prob 17 yrs now. Originally it came with two containers of cream in the box with two bottles of activators. In the last few years they started with the mes of putting all the cream in on container and you have to split it out but scooping out half into an empty container they provide and then you save the other half for your second use. I don't like this, I think it even compromises the quality of the relaxer doing this cause it seems like it doesn't take as we'll as it use too. So the short of it is that I am looking for a new no-lye relaxer, so I would like to get recommendations. I do add oils to my relaxer to slow down the processing time.

TIA

pink219

pink219 lady you have used a lot of relaxers. I use Mizani butter blends. It doesn't get me bone straight but I'm cool with that and I get it done at a salon. But everyone's hair is different. Do you do a mid protein step? Do you use roux porosity control? Do you clarify a week prior to relaxing?

I hope you find the one you love soon buddy!

ETA: looks like no lye relaxers dry your hair out. Do you chelate? And lye relaxers don't get it straight enough for you.

I switched from no lye to lye & since I rollerset, bun & airdry the little texture works good for me & the thickness is a plus also. So you may have to decide what's best for your hair journey.

My hair tends to be dry...especially those ends.

I clarify my hair about a week or two before I relax it.

For lye relaxers I have been doing mid protein with aphogee 2 min reconstructor.

I use porosity control randomly...no set schedule.

As far as relaxers go...IDK...if I ever go back to no lye, it will have to be ORS... I am still on the hunt for a good lye relaxer though...

sunnieb

bign__17 - I self relax with Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp and I love it!

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Last edited:

janaq2003

I want a buddy. I am 12 wks post and would stretch longer if I could keep my ng from reverting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.