2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnieb

I want to stretch about 6 months... Any takers? I'm 10 weeks now and know I'll need the motivation or I'll give in.

freckledface - are you buddied up with a stretching buddy? I'm not a stretching bawse yet, so 6 months is a little much for me this go 'round, but I might meet up with you in 2014 once I get a hang of these 20 weeks stretches. :grin:

Evolving78

Diva is not playing! I already made my next 10 week appt (Feb) to hold myself accountable to a strict schedule. I know me. Otherwise, I will get to 10 weeks and magically think I got a good stretch game. Nope, not falling prey to my poor stretch decision making.

i really want to try a sew-in or some braids. i would really like to make it until April, but i know i gotta hide my hair to do that. but if i don't do anything of that, i will be relaxing the beginning of next couple of weeks.

KiWiStyle
i got some TJ finally and it felt really good and not coated or waxy like the others. so i will use it once a week and shampoo following.

baddison

natural for good
Nix08 - that's the thing about stretching successfully, you can get relaxer-lazy.

baddison - how did we get off relaxer weeks? I thought we were relaxing at the same time.

Luprisi - I'm taking GNC Hair, skin & nails and I notice more/thicker newgrowth as long as I'm consistent. I've been thinking of joining the vitamin challenge to help stay on track. Good luck with your vitamins.

sunnieb Yeah...I remember how we got off our weeks. Here's where I had to revert back to my original 2013 relaxer schedule:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=18872433&postcount=2891

Getting ready to plan my 2014 schedule now too. Its going to be pretty much the same - 3 relaxers per year.

baddison

natural for good
@baddison looks like we are still on the same schedule. I relaxed on Thursday and plan to relax next mid to late April.

Nix08 - that's great.

Here's what my 2014 Relaxer schedule looks like:

Relaxer #1 - Saturday, April 19th
Relaxer #2 - Saturday, August 23rd
Relaxer #3 - Saturday, December 20th

Once again, I've broken up the 52-week-year into about 3 equal parts of 17/18 weeks each....I know...I'm anal that way...:grin::grin:

Rozlewis

Nix08 - that's great.

Here's what my 2014 Relaxer schedule looks like:

Relaxer #1 - Saturday, April 19th
Relaxer #2 - Saturday, August 23rd
Relaxer #3 - Saturday, December 20th

Once again, I've broken up the 52-week-year into about 3 equal parts of 17/18 weeks each....I know...I'm anal that way...:grin::grin:

baddison, your schedule is similar to mine. I am planning on relaxing on the following dates in 2014:

Relaxer #1 - Friday, April 11, 2014
Relaxer #2 - Friday, August 15, 2014
Relaxer #3 - Friday, December 19, 2014

PureSilver

Since i'm newly relaxed, i have no buddy sunnieb, will there be a challenge for buddying up in 2014.

I need a relaxed buddy and i'd be happy to start the new year with one.

Rozlewis

Since i'm newly relaxed, i have no buddy sunnieb, will there be a challenge for buddying up in 2014.

I need a relaxed buddy and i'd be happy to start the new year with one.

PureSilver, I am looking for a buddy too. I just relaxed a few days ago so it will be about 17 weeks before I relax again. I would be happy to be your buddy and anyone else who wants to join in.:grin:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
PureSilver, I am looking for a buddy too. I just relaxed a few days ago so it will be about 17 weeks before I relax again. I would be happy to be your buddy and anyone else who wants to join in.:grin:

When is the next time you ladies are relaxing. I'm not due to the end of February.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Argh

Mine is:
End of February
End of June or July
End of October or December

I don't have date. It just spans between 16 and 20 weeks. It mostly depends on how my stretches go because so far, so good.

Rozlewis

Aha, now you see, i only plan to relax 2X in 2014

May 31st
Dec 23rd
My plan is to weave it through my months of stretching and i may use heat 3X in 2014 (that's not finalized yet).

Rozlewis, Saludable84

PureSilver
Saludable4

I will only use direct heat three times in the year which is prior to my relaxer. Although we are on different schedules we can encourage one another during these long stretches. I stretched for 17 weeks this time and it was my first time stretching that long. I had a few challenges but I think I learned what I need to do when stretching this long.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
PureSilver
Saludable4

I will only use direct heat three times in the year which is prior to my relaxer. Although we are on different schedules we can encourage one another during these long stretches. I stretched for 17 weeks this time and it was my first time stretching that long. I had a few challenges but I think I learned what I need to do when stretching this long.

That sounds like a plan. I am already 3 months post and plan to relax at 4 or 5 months. Depending on well I can manage my new growth, I will stretch longer or just end my stretch. The front of my hair is easier to tolerate than the back, so its usually the back that makes me relapse. Regardless, I look forward to this.

freckledface

freckledface - are you buddied up with a stretching buddy? I'm not a stretching bawse yet, so 6 months is a little much for me this go 'round, but I might meet up with you in 2014 once I get a hang of these 20 weeks stretches. :grin:

Sorry I'm super late on this. No buddy yet but I'm determined to go 6 months I'm toying with the idea of a very long term transition. Love love love my relaxed hair but I'm ready for a challenge lol. Either way I'll stay in this thread for all the wonderful tips.

PureSilver

Sorry I'm super late on this. No buddy yet but I'm determined to go 6 months I'm toying with the idea of a very long term transition. Love love love my relaxed hair but I'm ready for a challenge lol. Either way I'll stay in this thread for all the wonderful tips.

freckledface, when was your last relaxer and when are your relaxer dates. It would be nice for me to have a buddy relaxing near or the same time as i am, that would help me weekly with achieving my goals of MBL 2014.

Is anyone 1st relaxer for 2014 anytime in May. I'm doing a very long stretch, i've done it before and i would like to do it again.

freckledface

PureSilver I don't have a relaxed date because like I said I MAY go natural. I'm going to stretch 6 months and reevaluate at that point. I would like to hang out until you relax though.

ETA: Sorry I'm 12, 13 weeks on Sunday post relaxer

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Luprisi baddison DominicanBrazilian82 Nix08 Cherry89 Jobwright sunnieb Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. My next TU will be in Feb. I will keep to a 10 week schedule throughout 2014.

I like how you think divachyk! You give me hope that frequent relaxers aren't as damaging as we think because you manage to do so with great results! I'm stretching every 12 weeks with my next relaxer being the beginning of February.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
KiWiStyle, I have tried my hand at stretching many, many times with zero success. From weeks 10 and beyond it's really just hit or miss luck on wash days. Tangles. Matting. Breakage. You name it! My hair flourishes at 10 weeks. On my last appt (Nov), I set my upcoming appt (Feb) to hold myself accountable. On my next visit (Feb), I'll make my follow-up appt. This discipline will ensure I don't get home and have some brainiac idea to attempt stretching beyond 10 weeks. Thank you for the compliment. :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.