2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Cattypus1 xu93texas Altruisticoam yoli184 shortdub78 EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hey ladies my set came out really cute and I'm not happy about having to put it away for the night. I didn't do the Mohawk method this time and it payed off. My curls were so soft, bouncy and well defined!! Honestly, I can't see how people rollerset hair that is BSL and beyond because I'm starting to have difficulty stretching my arms all the way out. Is there a trick to this?? image-3813761697.jpg image-4027020330.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-3938212143.jpg
    image-3938212143.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 18
  • image-2454131280.jpg
    image-2454131280.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
@Babygrowth @Angelinhell @ChocolateCupcake, and anyone I forgot....
My last touch up was September 28th (today made 8 weeks). I don't feel like I have much new growth but have noticed shedding and some breakage (tiny hairs in the sink during combing). I went to my stylist today for wash and roller set and she suggested that I come back in 2 weeks (10 weeks) for a touch up. I didn't even mention the breakage and shedding to the stylist. I'm kind of torn on this.
How long do you typically wait between relaxers?

Sorry about the double post.

Babygrowth

Hey buddies! How are y'all holding up? I took my braids out and will relax around mid December instead of January. I have had some great growth with hairfinity and inversion. I also have so demarcation breakage because the girl who did my hair was a little rough even after I showed her how to detangle my hair. But its not that bad and only at the line of my texlaxed hair and the over-processed straighter hair. (She won't be doing my hair again). I want to do one more session of inversion before I relax and I will start that on the 8th and will relax on the 16th making me around 26 weeks post. I hope to also resume Hairfinity at that time. I decided to give myself a break from msm/sulfur use in hopes of shocking my system. I'm going to try MN starting in January and can't decide whether to mix it with something that has msm/sulfur in it or just a plain base of butters and oils.

Angelinhell ChocolateCupcake MissyB Hyacinthe londonfog

Evolving78

Cattypus1 xu93texas Altruisticoam yoli184 shortdub78 EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hey ladies my set came out really cute and I'm not happy about having to put it away for the night. I didn't do the Mohawk method this time and it payed off. My curls were so soft, bouncy and well defined!! Honestly, I can't see how people rollerset hair that is BSL and beyond because I'm starting to have difficulty stretching my arms all the way out. Is there a trick to this??
Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Oh that came out so pretty. I haven't Tipperary my hair in over a year. My start back. I'm just not paying too much attention to my hair. I wish I had something good to classy with. Maybe Aussie moist? I workout and need to get back to cleansing my hair twice a week.

Evolving78

Oh that came out so pretty. I haven't roller set my hair in over a year. My start back. I'm just not paying too much attention to my hair. I wish I had something good to classy with. Maybe Aussie moist? I workout and need to get back to cleansing my hair twice a week. I don't think I will be stretching long either until I get more length. So 8-10 weeks for me. I will be relaxing the beginning of January, but won't relax again until march or April.
I was trying to edit not quote...

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle, your hair looks fab!!
xu93texas Thank you Darling. While at dinner, I went to the ladies room to wash my hands and as I looked in the mirror I had an AHA Moment. I was like gurl you are kurt, lol!! My hair look professionally done, full and long. I don't ever see my hair as long...my 23 year old says I'm humble about my hairs' length. Unfortunate my hair never hold curls on the side after sleeping so it's going up, up, up. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle Your hair looks great! Which method did you use if not the Mohawk method?

sharifeh thank you! I rolled the way I want my hair to look when styled starting from the back. I did horizontal rows all the way up but did the sides too as I made my way to the front. It also makes a huge difference if you roll over as oppose to under and when removing the rollers, be sure to tilt the roller to the side and remove the roller so that it spirals out of the hair. If you remove it using the same motion as you rolled it, you'll distort the spiral but you can always fix it with your fingers. I don't comb my curls, I just LIGHTLY moisturize and fluff with my hands.

My styling products made a difference in how my curls look and feel. I used Darcy Botanical daily leave-in which has a great medium slip to me but not heavy. I then used Nairobi foam and topped that with Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum then thoroughly detangled. This wash/hair day was a complete success from start to finish and that is unheard of for me.

I did a few things differently this time. I did a pre-poo with coconut oil and washed with my neutralizing poo. It's a neutralizer/chelating so I suppose it is used for clarifying too. The bottle says it's for weekly washes to cleanse hair of excess oils and styling products, it is the most moisturizing sulfate poo I've ever used. Didn't even have to follow up with a moisturizing poo. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Oh that came out so pretty. I haven't Tipperary my hair in over a year. My start back. I'm just not paying too much attention to my hair. I wish I had something good to classy with. Maybe Aussie moist? I workout and need to get back to cleansing my hair twice a week.
Thank you shortdub78! I don't do much to my hair anymore either. Yeah if you're working out daily, you have to clean your scalp. I highly recommend going to Trader Joes and picking up the Nourish Spa conditioner for co-washing. It costs less than Aussie Moist and to me smells AMAZING and does a much better job at keeping your hair moisturized, plus it cleanses and rinses very well. I don't know if they have one on the burbs but the closest one in the city is in The south loop, I believe on Wabash/Roosevelt. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Cattypus1 xu93texas Altruisticoam yoli184 shortdub78 EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hey ladies my set came out really cute and I'm not happy about having to put it away for the night. I didn't do the Mohawk method this time and it payed off. My curls were so soft, bouncy and well defined!! Honestly, I can't see how people rollerset hair that is BSL and beyond because I'm starting to have difficulty stretching my arms all the way out. Is there a trick to this?? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Love your curls, you did a great job!

Evolving78

Thank you shortdub78! I don't do much to my hair anymore either. Yeah if you're working out daily, you have to clean your scalp. I highly recommend going to Trader Joes and picking up the Nourish Spa conditioner for co-washing. It costs less than Aussie Moist and to me smells AMAZING and does a much better job at keeping your hair moisturized, plus it cleanses and rinses very well. I don't know if they have one on the burbs but the closest one in the city is in The south loop, I believe on Wabash/Roosevelt. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

They have one in Orland park. I used to use that several years ago when I was natural. Thanks for reminding me.

Kim0105

Hey lady, good to see you back on the boards. So I've decided to transition to Texturize instead of natural. Just too much going on right now so if I was going the natural route it would just make sense to big chop. I am 9 weeks post this Thursday and will touch up January 2nd at 13 weeks. Right now I am sporting braids I installed last week. Will take them put in just under 3 weeks. I love your braids by the way!

Hey buddies! How are y'all holding up? I took my braids out and will relax around mid December instead of January. I have had some great growth with hairfinity and inversion. I also have so demarcation breakage because the girl who did my hair was a little rough even after I showed her how to detangle my hair. But its not that bad and only at the line of my texlaxed hair and the over-processed straighter hair. (She won't be doing my hair again). I want to do one more session of inversion before I relax and I will start that on the 8th and will relax on the 16th making me around 26 weeks post. I hope to also resume Hairfinity at that time. I decided to give myself a break from msm/sulfur use in hopes of shocking my system. I'm going to try MN starting in January and can't decide whether to mix it with something that has msm/sulfur in it or just a plain base of butters and oils.

Angelinhell ChocolateCupcake MissyB Hyacinthe londonfog

Babygrowth

Hey lady, good to see you back on the boards. So I've decided to transition to Texturize instead of natural. Just too much going on right now so if I was going the natural route it would just make sense to big chop. I am 9 weeks post this Thursday and will touch up January 2nd at 13 weeks. Right now I am sporting braids I installed last week. Will take them put in just under 3 weeks. I love your braids by the way!

Hey lady! Good to be back! Texturizing will be like the best of both worlds! Thank you. I loved my braids but they're getting heavy and
my edges were acting up so I took them out. I will definitely get them again in the summer. I think I will do crochet braids again. I really want a sew in but can't afford it right now.

sunnieb

On phone, too lazy to mention all names. TU this week.

divachyk too funny! For once, I'm on my laptop, so I decided to tag errybody! :grin:

Are you self-relaxing this time or going to the salon? I thought I remember your stylist did something wrong last time. Or am I remembering wrong? :drunk:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
divachyk too funny! For once, I'm on my laptop, so I decided to tag errybody! :grin:

Are you self-relaxing this time or going to the salon? I thought I remember your stylist did something wrong last time. Or am I remembering wrong? :drunk:

sunnieb, salon. Returning to a salon I went to years ago. Not going to the TU gone wrong stylist.

Luprisi

Luprisi baddison divachyk DominicanBrazilian82 Nix08 Cherry89 Jobwright pre_medicalrulz

Hey buds!

How is everyone? I'm still hangin' in and going for another 20 week stretch. Currently 10 weeks post. I'm also bunning pretty much daily now because I'm ready for MBL as soon as possible.

What ya'll up to??? :look:

Hi everyone! I'm currently 13 weeks post and not planning on ending this stretch anytime soon. My hair grows sooo slow. At 3 months post, I have barely and inch or less of new growth. I'm taking hairfinity and that hasn't boosted any growth for me. I'm on my 4th bottle. I have done the inversion method twice already with no success either. I got my komaza analysis and I'm happy to report that even though I have some cuticle damage from using too much heat in the past, my hair is strong. My strands are medium to thick, normal to high porosity and responds well to protein. I'm glad I did that analysis!
I had family over for thanksgiving and I got compliments on how healthy my hair looks, so my regi is working. I just wish I could have more growth. Oh, I also started taking l-cysteine and msm per komaza's recommendation.

How is everyone else doing?

baddison

natural for good
@sunnieb, salon. Returning to a salon I went to years ago. Not going to the TU gone wrong stylist.

sunnieb - girl, I'm right on track and on schedule for my final relaxer for 2013 on December 21st. And not a moment too soon! This ng is showing her tail..LOL!

divachyk - does your stylist charge more for the T/U when there's an excess amount of new growth? I'm thinking of trying a new stylist in the area and she claims that if there's more than 8 weeks of NG, she's gonna have to charge for a virgin relaxer! that sounds like nonsense to me. What does your stylist charge for a touch up?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I was going for 6 months but now I don't know...you guys are tempting me to relax at the end of the year as per the original plan. The thing is, I only want to because I want to see my length, but I'll be so disappointed if it isn't a drastic change, which I'm sure after 17 weeks it won't be:spinning: And I have no interesting in spending the time to flat iron:nono: Decisions, decisions...I think laziness may win out here:look:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
baddison, it depends on the stylist. Some charge by the length of hair with using the rationale that longer hair takes more time to do than someone with shorter hair. My stylists don't charge this way - it's a flat fee. Virgin relaxer explanation is fishy.

sunnieb

Nix08 - that's the thing about stretching successfully, you can get relaxer-lazy.

baddison - how did we get off relaxer weeks? I thought we were relaxing at the same time.

Luprisi - I'm taking GNC Hair, skin & nails and I notice more/thicker newgrowth as long as I'm consistent. I've been thinking of joining the vitamin challenge to help stay on track. Good luck with your vitamins.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Ok so it's a new day and thus a new decision:look: I think I should relax at the end of the month. Being 'hair lazy' will likely end up being those famous last words before a set back:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.