2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolving78

Oh Lawd, get this chick outta here! I'm just going to mention the relaxer because I know our addicts ain't going out to buy a new relaxer.

My stylist have used Nairobi on my hair for two years now and my hair loves it! She used something different on my last touch up and I was like whollup! I am going to be sure to tell her she had better have my Nairobi Pamper when I see her in 6-10 weeks. Ain't nobody got time for dat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle
my hair has never felt this good before! i mean last stylist i went to use the foam wrap lotion and my rollerset would hold up nicely and my hair wasn't dry. i can't be bothered with that Mizani! i don't wanna order online because i will need these products by the end of the week to wash my hair.

EnExitStageLeft

KiWiStyle

I had to sho' y'all how stressed I am :lachen:. The Wrap and foam lotion sounds delish though :lick:. I'm currently using diluted Desisgn Essentials Setting lotion and its good, but I prefer superior :yep:.

SunySydeofLyfe

74098_447339029734_2772117_a.jpg

226843_10151365789329735_1454106361_n.jpg

Bobbi boss weave in the first picture. Able to replicate the weave if not better....Me and mommy flexirod set done on dry hair with the foam wrap. I was able to use it on each section....no crunch just luscious curls.

Suny

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle

I had to sho' y'all how stressed I am :lachen:. The Wrap and foam lotion sounds delish though :lick:. I'm currently using diluted Desisgn Essentials Setting lotion and its good, but I prefer superior :yep:.

Help me for I have sinned against my hair sister :(. Ok, now that I got that out the way. I can use a ton of this Nairobi foam and my hair never feels heavy, stiff or oily. It's definitely superior.

I keep trying to tell y'll I have literally found some great staples and this is how I was able to recover from product junkism.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Help me for I have sinned against my hair sister :(. Ok, now that I got that out the way. I can use a ton of this Nairobi foam and my hair never feels heavy or oily. It's definitely superior.

I keep trying to tell y'll I have literally found some great staples and this is how I was able to recover from product junkism.

And how you turned into a pusher! LOL... I want to be cured, I really do but I want "that" hair!

Babygrowth

I left you a post up thread. Go on their site to locate your local distributer. There is one who works out of Country Club Hills I think. He will come to you, he also services my stylist. That humecto-sil is on my to-buy list.

I haven't used Keracare. I've only used Jane Carter Wrap n Roll and I gave that ish away after I tried Nairobi.

That Jane carter is why I decided I needed to go back to Nairobi. That stuff is so not the biz...
Bobbi boss weave in the first picture. Able to replicate the weave if not better....Me and mommy flexirod set done on dry hair with the foam wrap. I was able to use it on each section....no crunch just luscious curls.

Suny
Girl, shut up! Those curls "got that glow"... lol! Y'all know what movie I got that snippet from?? They also say "kiss my converse"... I'm buying it now! I will use a leave in and this foam... I have CHI silk infusion too but idk when to use it! I want my sets to be BOMB!

Evolving78

do you feel me when i tell you, i didn't have to put no product in my hair to wrap it up last night and it still doesn't feel dry!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
DominicanBrazilian82 I no longer do hard core protein treatments at home. I use Ion Effective Care. I find that I don't have to increase my moisture when using Ion. When using handmades and AOGPB, I have to cowash and baggy to balance things out. I'm not on any protein schedule. I protein treat when breakage is happening without purpose. I guess I average every 4 to 6 weeks. However, I'm low porosity and don't need protein as much as some. My stylist does a hard protein treatment after TU though.

KiWiStyle, the old and new formula work the same. I am not a fan of the fragrance of the new formula. I stopped using it back in the day because I was trying to use SCurl as my daily moisturizer and it just didn't perform how I needed. Under a baggy, however, it's superb. It has a tendency to make my hair sticky so I've changed up my technique a bit. I spritz the scalp and apply with my hands to the length. That helps reduce the sticky feeling.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle

I keep picturing y'll running to the beauty supply looking like a crackhead trying hurry to her dealer. You know how you see them walking all fast and damn there running and when somebody try to stop them to talk they keep walking because ain't nobody got time for dat. Then you see them 30 minutes later strolling along laughing and shooting the breeze with everybody.

Y'll when you read product reviews:
image-1192551606.jpg
Y'll when you surf &swipe
image-3914221826.jpg
And finally y'll after you got your fix:
image-1916427388.jpg

LMBO!!!

SunySydeofLyfe

That Jane carter is why I decided I needed to go back to Nairobi. That stuff is so not the biz...

Girl, shut up! Those curls "got that glow"... lol! Y'all know what movie I got that snippet from?? They also say "kiss my converse"... I'm buying it now! I will use a leave in and this foam... I have CHI silk infusion too but idk when to use it! I want my sets to be BOMB!

Lol. The last dragon. Nairobi foam wrap will be your last setting foam. Thank you!!!

Suny

Kim0105

I keep picturing y'll running to the beauty supply looking like a crackhead trying hurry to her dealer. You know how you see them walking all fast and damn there running and when somebody try to stop them to talk they keep walking because ain't nobody got time for dat. Then you see them 30 minutes later strolling along laughing and shooting the breeze with everybody.

View attachment 211491
View attachment 211493
View attachment 211495

LMBO!!!

This is too funny!

Cattypus1

All loced up...

LMBO!!!

That is very, very mean. That so so wrong! I can't stop laughing...my SO thinks I have lost my mind! I can't un-see those pics! LOL

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
That is very, very mean. That so so wrong! I can't stop laughing...my SO thinks I have lost my mind! I can't un-see those pics! LOL

You're right that was terribly mean, I got carried away...my apologies. I know this because I was like this last year and the year before that. You saw my product list in the 2012 use up your stash challenge.

That laugh was the next best thing to a glass of wine, it was much needed. Besides if you were in my daughter's class, the person who laughs with the funny, rude kid is just as guilty and receives punishment too. Cattypus1, you are on a time out.

Evolving78

View attachment 211491
View attachment 211493
View attachment 211495

LMBO!!!

I DIED! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

EnExitStageLeft

View attachment 211491
View attachment 211493
View attachment 211495

LMBO!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: :dead: *WOKE UP......:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: and :dead: again

EnExitStageLeft

.......no, but on a serious note. I bought the Wrap lotion :ohwell: BUT I'M DONE! I hope :(. SO died laughing when I told him. He patted me on the head and told me I tried and then proceeded to laugh so hard that he almost fell :rolleyes:...OLE' JOKER' LOL!

Babygrowth

I used the orange ones...didn't even need a lot. Did another set the other day and realized if i use a pick on the roots i get volume. Love them things!!!

Suny
Girl, I'm bout to go on youtube and find a tutorial! I only had them once a long time ago and they are awesome!
.......no, but on a serious note. I bought the Wrap lotion :ohwell: BUT I'M DONE! I hope :(. SO died laughing when I told him. He patted me on the head and told me I tried and then proceeded to laugh so hard that he almost fell :rolleyes:...OLE' JOKER' LOL!

I'm only buying the foam! The shampoo and the DC reminds me of Silk Dreams so I can't see purchasing those! Lol! You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.