** 2014/2015 Ceramides Challenge **

Gryphyn

Re: **2014 Ceramides Challenge**

I'm not ready to join the challenge yet, but I picked up some grapeseed oil today to see if i notice any benefits. If it goes well (or at least doesn't go badly!) I may come back and join. good luck to all the challengers!

veesweets

My ceramide steps yesterday were:
Prepoo'd with an oil mix that included hemp seed oil
Detangled with SSI avocado (GSO)
Sealed with oyin sugar berries (hemp and soybean oil)

curlyhersheygirl

This washday I did the following:

Cleansed with SSI blueberry co-wash ( contains rice bran oil)
Us Kyra's hemp conditioner as a RO ( contains hemp seed oil )
Oil rinsed with my ceramide mix ( contains sunflower, safflower, rice bran & WGO )
Steamed with MD's seaweed & rice DC ( contains rice bran & WGO )

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

I've been using Annabelle's Perfect Blend Pumpkin Hair/Body Butta to seal, which has wheat germ and sunflower oils. I've also used Silk Dream's Wheat Germ Butter to moisturize.

Last edited:

Americka

DominicanBrazilian82

a. What ceramide oil(s)/product(s) did you use? Safflower, Grapeseed and Sunflower oils, Kanechom Cermidas DC

b. How did you use it? (pre-poo, poo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)
Oils - prepoo, sealing
Kanechom - prepoo, DC

c. What benefits are you experiencing by including ceramides into your regi? Shine? Softness? Manageability? Softness, manageability

Testing - Softee Thickening Oil (ingredients are Soybean Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Shea Butter Extract, Rosemary Extract, Lecithin, Sulfur, Olive Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Corn Oil, Safflower Oil, Hops Extract, Balm Mint Extract, Chamomille Extract, Yarrow Extract, Nettle Extract, Horsetail Extract, Neutral Henna Extract, Fragrance, Yellow 1)

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Made a spray mixture with Giovanni Direct leave-in and GSO. I spray this mixture into sections of my hair as I roller set.

xu93texas

Wash day today:
Pre-poo with KV oils

Protein treatment with Affirm 5 in 1

Leave-ins: Redken Anti-snap, CD Monoi oil, Mizani Thermasmooth Smooth Guard

Stylers: Mizani Thermasmooth Shine Extend Anti-humidity spray

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I used GSO to aid in a light flat iron almost two weeks ago and haven't washed my hair since. I know I need to soon. I usually do every 7 days. But it's just so SHINY and bouncy and light and smooth and... whew wonderful! Normally, I'm leery of heat, but.. I think my hair likes it? Or likes it with GSO. Then again, I only did 1 pass with 300 degrees, so maybe... the heat somehow locked in the GSO goodness or something? I'm not sure but it doesn't feel THIS good with GSO used in any of the other ways I use it.
I may have to try this out more often...

veesweets

DC'ed with bask vanilla whiskey and oil rinsed with mix of EVOO/hemp seed

MayaNatural

Last night I DC with GSO under DC. I also used Texture Me Naturals Amla and Avocado LI and sealed with TMN Macadamia styling butter and hemp seed oil mixed with GSO. I think both of TMN products have ceramide oils in them.. I'll check when I get home from work.

reeseycup

Hi DominicanBrazilian82. I would like to get in on this challenge once again. I recently BC on 10/27/13 and would like to get my strong and long hair on... I installed some yarn braids on 1/4/14 (pics in my profile) and will keep them until early May 2014. I am a DIY girl so touch-ups will happen when needed. My braids spray contains Wheatgerm oil and I use it daily. I also have some of my sulfur/ppo/other stuff mix in my braidspray bottle as well. I am waiting til the end of Jan for my first wash. Thank You Chica!!!

reeseycup

Just purchased loreal everstrong sulfate free fortify system overnight hair repair bio-ceramide complex from the Lot store. I paid $1.49/3.4 fl oz. I bought three of them. They will be my DEF "go to" when I come out of my braids and release the afro for the Spring/Summer 2014... I also purchased smooth and shine nourishing deep recovery conditionet eith olive and tea tree (looks like mud) as a post treatment upon my braid removal. That cost me $1.99/13.5 oz jar...TBContinued...

spellinto

Ceramides SAVED MY HAIR today! I got the great idea to drench my hair in this spray leave in and bantu knot it in 4 sections so that the leave in would have time to penetrate and loosen my tangles...that totally backfired because the texture from the bantu knots created more tangles, and my hair got sticky and wet from all the product! I didn't want to wash & manipulate my hair again, so I massaged Africa's Best Herbal Oil (my ceramide oil blend of choice) on top and it completely melted my tangles! It did take awhile to get all the shed hairs out, but the oil made it so much easier, and my hair felt smooth and back to normal afterwards. The shine is out of this world too! If it weren't for ceramides, this could have resulted in an unfortunate setback...phew :yawn:

xu93texas

Checking in. I used SSI Fortifying Mask, KV amla oil, Redken Anti-snap, and Mizani Thermasmooth Smooth Guard.

Rozlewis

Checking in: I have been using GSO and Amla oil mixed in with my Dc's.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL

Did an overnight conditioning with AOGPB; sealed my damp hair with a hemp seed butter.

veesweets

Added GSO to my DC mix. Sealed with SD mocha bling butter (GSO and rice bran)

Earlier in the week I moisturized with SD wheat germ butter and sealed with the mocha bling butter

JazziLady!

Is Hemp oil the same as hempseed oil? I purchased hemp oil from whole foods in the refrigerated section. Wondering if I got the right thing.

prettykinks

I have been out of the loop lately but still using ceramides. My hair has been in twists and plaits on and off for the past few months. I have a spray bottle with care free curl gold activator and the instant moisturizer spray. I use that daily. I have another applicator bottle with my random oils in it ( rosemary, coconut, olive, castor, wheat germ, almond, etc). I use that almost daily. I try to moisturize my hair 2X a day. Currently my hair is in cornrows under a wig. I plan to wear wigs for the next year combined with using ceramides for maximum growth.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Been using ST Wheat Germ Butter and Annabelle's Hair Butter which has wheat germ oil.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4