** 2014/2015 Ceramides Challenge **

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Re: **2014 Ceramides Challenge**

Did HOT with Vatika oil; I'll leave it in overnight and shampoo tomorrow.

oneastrocurlie

Oil scalp with Bobeam Root oil today.I normally use it a 2-3 times a week I'm trying not to use as my products on my hair since it'll be straight for another week

xu93texas

I used Redken Extreme strength builder plus, Redken anti-snap leave in, and Mizani Thermasmooth smooth guard.

lovelycurls

Used TMN Cupuacu buttercream to moisturize hair, has jojoba and grapeseed oils in it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using LHCF

spellinto

Not much of an update this time around. Sealed with Africa's Best Herbal Oil. Also used a blend of castor oil with soybean oil and grapeseed oil. I'm using it more for the purpose of thickening than for the ceramide benefits. I also found out that my favorite DC, Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisture Treatment, was listed as a ceramide DC in last year's ceramide challenge. Deep conditioned with this last night. I use this once a week.

Brownie518

Did an overnight with KV Amla Brahmi Fenugreek with grapeseed

Been sealing with KV Fenugreek with grapeseed

MayaNatural

DB Eucalyptus Mint Butter on my scalp, contains: Sesame seed oil, Grapeseed oil, Soybean oil

DB Peppermint oil- Sesame seed oil and Soybean oil

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

Sealed today with hemp oil

Sealed yesterday with grape seed oil

sisters248

I am DCing over night! I used L'Oreal ceramide balm and mixed it with Queen Helene cholesterol and grape seed oil. Tomorrow morning I will moisturized and seal my hair and then snap wrap and go my hair!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Still using Annabelle's butters as sealants which have WGO in them.

veesweets

DC'ed with bask vanilla whiskey, used SD wheat germ butter as my rinse out/detangler, sealed with naturally amari hemp butter, double sealed my ends with SD mocha bling butter.

prettykinks

I have been wearing big cornrows for about 2 weeks. When I was putting them in my hair was wet and I put on Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisturizer conditioner and sealed with a mix of rosemary, jojoba, castor, and coconut oils. Daily I have been spraying the part that hangs down with Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobab Thickening Moisture Mist and putting on either the Giovanni conditioner or Treseme Moisture Rich conditioner and sealing with the same oil mix I used to braid it up or the one with wheatgerm, jojoba, grapeseed and rosemary oils.

reeseycup

Smoothing Loreal Everstrong Sulfate Free overnight hair repair treatment Bio-Ceramide Complex (@ my local lot store for $1.99/ 3.4 oz bottle...WINNING) few times a week along the base of my braids (my hair LOVE IT!) I have been in a set of DIY yarn braids since 1/4/14 (exactly four weeks ago)... Using my DIY braid spray each day and ACV wash and DC the lenght of my braids (3 inches from base of braid) prior to wash day... I have redone my nape (four braids) and my temple braid at each side (my braids are large by braiding standard) when I was two weeks post. I will redo my whole perimeter at the end of Feb/early March... In late may I will remove all braids one by one and replace them with Marley twists... I prefer to wear my Marley twists in Ninja Buns but it is TOO cold for that nonsense right now... I do NOT manipulate my yarn braids into fancy intricate styles as I want to ALWAYS maintain my edges and such... My hair has gone from almost 6 inches (BC 10/27/14) to 8 inches (2/1/14)... Not much for some but I'LL TAKE IT!!!

Last edited:

spellinto

Prepooing with Hot 6 Oil. Massaged JBCO into my scalp and hairline as well. Will detangle and seal with Hot 6 Oil after the air drying process.