** 2014/2015 Ceramides Challenge **

Rozlewis

Re: **2014 Ceramides Challenge**

Dominicnbrazilian82, I would like to join this challenge.

a. What ceramide oil(s)/product(s) did you use? GSO, Wheat Germ Oil, Salerm DC

b. How did you use it? (pre-poo, poo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc) - pre-poo, DC's and sealing

c. What benefits are you experiencing by including ceramides into your regi? Shine? Softness? Manageability? softness and manageability

Angelbean

Prepooed with rice bran and ghee infused with fenugreek for an hour

Brownie518

I've been using my KV Fenugreek oil, which has grapeseed. Also used some SSI Buriti Hair Milk - more grapeseed.

schely10

Hi DominicanBrazilian82,
I am in!!
I use grape seed oil & hemp oil. During the summer, I used grape seed oil to seal. I recently switched to hemp oil for the winter because it is a thicker oil. I use it daily during my m&s sessions.
I have noticed stronger hair with the use of ceramides.

lovelycurls

I'm in....I use
grapeseed oil for sealing
Rice bran oil for deep treatment and sealing
Hempseed oil for deep treatment
Wheat germ oil for deep treatment

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

My new butter Annabelle's Perfect Blends Pumpkin Pie Butter has wheat germ oil. I will be using this and Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease. I'm about to use the Hair Grease to install some medium sized twists.

sisters248

Deep conditioned yesterday with cholesterol and L'Oreal ceramide balm. I added some grape seed oil and almond oil. I blow dried my hair and moisturized and seal.

oneastrocurlie

I've started to oil my scalp with my Bobeam oil a few times a week.

I also used CR Almond Jai and Deep Algae DC yesterday which has hemp seed and rice bran oil in them

Angelbean

Sealed with safflower oil...guys another great place to pick up big bottles of inexpensive organic oils is big lots and they put an expiration date on the bottles too...

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Prepoo'd with an oil mix including grape seed oil and wheat germ oil. This is the first time I can remember prepooing on dry hair. :perplexed: not sure how I was doing it before or if I just slacked off since I already DC and oil rinse, but my results were FANTASTIC! What have I been missing??? I applied my prepoo mix until my hair was saturated, then a baggy, and sat under my hooded dryer for 35 minutes. My hair was very happy. Felt like new hair. I definitely need to include this step in my routine again!

Brownie518

I've been adding KV Fenugreek Oil (with grapeseed) to my DCs every week. I'm also sealing with my KV oils, all of which contain grapeseed.

back2relaxed

DominicanBrazilian82 I'd love to join!
1. To join this challenge, like this post and mention me in your first post.

2. Use a ceramide containing product at least once a week; once per session if you are really looking to reap the benefits of ceramides (session = m/s, DC'ing, pre-pooing, etc).

3. Check in and let us know how its going for you. Share your ceramide-rich products with us as you use them. We can inspire those who aren't using ceramides to finally use that leave-in all the way in the back of their stash because of the ceramide benefit.

a. What ceramide oil(s)/product(s) did you use?

I'll be using oils such as grapeseed and jojoba, I'll also be using Silicon Mix conditioner treatment, Lacio Lacio Leave In, and Protein de Perla, which all contain ceramides.
b. How did you use it? (pre-poo, poo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)

The oils are used for prepoos, HOTS, and sealing. The conditioners are used for DCs and the leave in I use when doing rollersets/rodsets.

c. What benefits are you experiencing by including ceramides into your regi? Shine? Softness? Manageability?

Ceramides make my hair very soft, and during my stretches which in 2013 will be 12-16 weeks each, it really helps me tame my new growth.

4. Share your reviews on products you have tried, as well as any ceramide info you may stumble upon.[/QUOTE]

I started using ceramides when I started my journey from natural to relaxed, and since I've gotten away from them. Now that I'm focused on both health of my hair and retention, I need the softness, shine, and manageability that ceramide products offer. I used to use Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm, religiously, and it is awesome. I also used the Silicon Mix and Lacio Lacio to great results.

spellinto

DominicanBrazilian82

a. What ceramide oil(s)/product(s) did you use?

Africa's Best Herbal Oil. It is a blend that contains the following ceramide oils: Soy Bean Oil, Walnut Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, and Safflower Oil.

I also used Lacio Lacio for a long time but I'm taking a break from it now and returning to my staple leave in.

b. How did you use it? (pre-poo, poo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)

I use it to seal and prepoo.

c. What benefits are you experiencing by including ceramides into your regi? Shine? Softness? Manageability?

I've just started using it but I'm already noticing all three traits. My hair looks dark and shiny whenever I use this blend. It is also really soft and tangle free :) What I've also noticed is that my hair feels thicker, especially when I use it to prepoo. The blend contains castor oil so I'd be happy if it actually does thicken my strands! I'm really using it in hopes of sealing moisture and preventing split ends though.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

Used grapseed oil mixed with avocado oil on scalp and length. Hair feels silky I will stick to this.

oneastrocurlie

Oiled my scalp quickly this morning with Bobeam oil.

I should've ordered a couple more bottles. It only comes as 2 oz.

Cocoloves

a. What ceramide oil(s)/product(s) did you use? GSO, and Hemp seed oil

b. How did you use it? (pre-poo, poo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc) DC's and sealing

c. What benefits are you experiencing by including ceramides into your regi? Shine? Softness? Manageability?- softness

I see a difference in my hair for sure and I can grapeseed oil in tge grocery store.

NaturallyATLPCH

Clarified my hair with Giovanni Triple Treat Tea Tree shampoo
(Eucalyptus oil, safflower oil)
DCed with SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor (too many ceramides to name lol, mainly wheat germ oil)
Followed up with the SheScentIt Avocado Condish (grape seed oil)

When I rinse this out, I will be using Darcy's Leave In (sunflower and sesame oil) and sealing with a buttercream (not sure which one yet).

lovelycurls

Used Hemp seed oil in deep treatment
Will use Grapeseed and rice bran for sealing after dc

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 using LHCF

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

Did a HOT with grapeseed oil. Feels nice!!

Hazel

2014 CERAMIDES CHALLENGE New Year, New You... Want improved moisture/protein balance? Manage porosity? Shinier hair? Stronger more manageable hair? Fortify you hair against heat/chemical services? TRY CERAMIDES! Whether you are relaxed, texlaxed, permed, natural, use diect heat, indirect heat, low heat, no heat, color treated, highlighted, no color; Everyone can benefit from ceramides. What are ceramides? Ceramides are fatty molecules that naturally occur in the hair fiber. They are the "glue' of the hair fiber that hold all of the layers together. How do ceramides benefit hair? Ceramides form a seal on the cuticle layer, limiting the loss of protein molecules from the hair shaft; protecting the fiber against normal wear and tear from manipulation (washing & styling), UV rays, heat and chemical services; like dye, relaxers etc. This seal also helps to keep the cuticle flat and tightly packed; they fill in gaps in the cuticle, giving shine and keeping porosity low. Over time, hair loses ceramide molecules. From heat and chemical but also just from the hair istself aging. Older and/or damaged hair contains less ceramide than newer/healthier hair. So it makes sense to incorporate ceramides to maintain hair health. *Note: Ceramides help limit the loss of protein and help strengthen the hair fiber. However they are not proteins, nor can they replace protein in your reggie. (Some people have found they need less protein though) Where can I find ceramides? There are plant oils and extracts that contain plant ceramides. They function much the same as those found in our own hair. Many hair products also contain natural and synthetic ceramides. The Challenge will run in four parts: Part 1: January 1st –March 31st Part 2: April 1st – June 30th Part 3: July 1st – September 30th Part 4: October 1st - December 31st Challenge Rules: 1. To join this challenge, like this post and mention me in your first post. 2. Use a ceramide containing product at least once a week; once per session if you are really looking to reap the benefits of ceramides (session = m/s, DC'ing, pre-pooing, etc). 3. Check in and let us know how its going for you. Share your ceramide-rich products with us as you use them. We can inspire those who aren't using ceramides to finally use that leave-in all the way in the back of their stash because of the ceramide benefit. a. What ceramide oil(s)/product(s) did you use? b. How did you use it? (pre-poo, poo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc) c. What benefits are you experiencing by including ceramides into your regi? Shine? Softness? Manageability? 4. Share your reviews on products you have tried, as well as any ceramide info you may stumble upon.

DominicanBrazilian82 count me in.

Having been on a healthy hair journey for three years now, I am finally maturing in my hair care regimen. The first few years were about growth aides, products, and vitamins, and less about healthy hair care practices. Although I incorporated WGO in the past, I plan to incorporate ceramides at each was.

a. WGO or Sunflower oil
b. leave in
c. Increased moisture retention
4. I love WGO!

ImanAdero

I've been doing so poorly in this! I'm gonna do better with adding the ceramides. I don't use them enough to really see the effect it can have on my hair.