** 2014/2015 Ceramides Challenge **

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Re: **2014 Ceramides Challenge**

Today once I came home from the salon I used Mizani Coconut Soufflé to moisturize with and used Grapeseed Oil to seal with.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
This morning before work I used the Mizani Coconut Souffle again with the GSO

I just applied Eden Body Works All Natural LIC and topped it with GSO too

See you ladies in the morning.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Picked up a new bottle of GSO today from the Vitamin Shoppe. Should it be cold pressed ladies? Its been a while since I bought a new bottle and I dont have my old bottle so I cant remember.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

I did the LOC this morning, used GSO and Aphogee ProVitamin LI

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
LCO'd with SD WGBC (Wheat Germ Oil), SD CDLS (Rice Bran & Macadamia Oil), and SD Nourish Oil in Pink Sugar ( Safflower, Rice Bran & Wheat Germ Oil).

I have a head full of Ceramides :reddancer:

Luscious850

Hey ladies! Another ceramide head here! Lol. DominicanBrazilian82 I would like to join for the remaining sessions.

a. What ceramide oil(s)/product(s) did you use? Grapeseed oil and silicon mix conditioner

b. How did you use it? (pre-poo, poo, DC, leave-in, sealing etc)
Grapeseed oil - I use it daily to seal
Silicon Mix - I use weekly to DC

c. What benefits are you experiencing by including ceramides into your regi? Shine? Softness? Manageability? Keeps my hair smooth and soft/less breakage and shedding.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

I did the LOC this evening, used GSO and Aphogee ProVitamin LI.

spellinto

Sealed with both GSO and Africa's Best Herbal Oil (both have ceramides) to compare. I used to love GSO, but now that I've tried other oils, I have a different opinion.

GSO is nice but not as much as my Africa's Best Herbal Oil. The GSO feels thicker on my hair, almost "creamy," where the Herbal Oil is lighter and more moisturizing. GSO is a great detangler, but I really don't need it in my stash.

Eta: left the GSO in my hair for a few days...my hair did not feel good :nono: felt very rough and dry. I layered some ABHO on top and now my strands feel nice and smooth again :)

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

Sealed with both GSO and Africa's Best Herbal Oil (both have ceramides) to compare. I used to love GSO, but now that I've tried other oils, I have a different opinion.

GSO is nice but not as much as my Africa's Best Herbal Oil. The GSO feels thicker on my hair, almost "creamy," where the Herbal Oil is lighter and more moisturizing. GSO is a great detangler, but I really don't need it in my stash.

Eta: left the GSO in my hair for a few days...my hair did not feel good :nono: felt very rough and dry. I layered some ABHO on top and now my strands feel nice and smooth again :)

I like the way ABHO smells.:lick:

spellinto

Used both a prepoo & a protein treatment with ceramides yesterday. Sealed with lavender jbco and Africa's Best Herbal Oil (ceramides) tonight.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
LBO with SD Mocha Silk Hair Milk, SD Mocha Bling Butter, and SD Nourish Oil in Dreamy Decadence. :reddancer:

I have a head full of ceramides due to SD! GSO, Rice Bran, Safflower, and Wheat Germ Oils.

Luscious850

I forgot to report my wash day. I think it was this past Sunday.

I washed then did a dc with my silicon mix (love this stuff). After I air dried I moisturized then sealed with my GSO.

Side note: I adore grapeseed oil. I've been reading more into it and I'm thinking about switching brands when I'm done with this batch. I didn't really think when I purchased it I just kinda saw it in the grocery store & snagged it. Im thinking there may be a more form that can maybe boost my results. I don't know lol... Just a thought. In the mean time I'll enjoy what I have. I still have half a bottle left.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

Bumping, where are y'all at ladies! Im in crochet braids but if it helps I spray my rows with ApHogee ProVitamin LI with contains ceramides.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I finally have some products with ceramides in them. I should be starting to use them this week or next.