** 2014/2015 Ceramides Challenge **

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just realized that most of my Kerastase and Loreal products have ceramides. :yay: I have only been on my Kerastase/Loreal regimen for a few weeks, but my hair is much stronger already. I have been using the Resistance line, because my hair was a bit overmoisturized.

divinerae

Today was the first day I consciously added ceramides to my routine although I have used products with them off and on. Used the Loreal Total Repair 5 Conditioner and Balm.

CodeRed

I'll start posting in this thread too....

I've been using hemp seed oil for the past few weeks. I bought sunflower and grapeseed oils for my daughter's hair but I'll being using those off and on too since I've used them in the past and liked them. I have a few more non-ceramide oils I want to try but I'll try to alternate them while I'm going through the testing phase.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hello ladies! So I've decided to start using things that have sunflower oil in them since its a great oil for color preservation.

Of course other Ceramides too. Later I am going to DC and add APB's Greenpower House oil which has grapeseed and sunflower oil in it.

I'm going to use Jakeala's Nappy Butter as my leave in (sunflower oil), and seal with her Shea Amla Hemp Castor Parfait (Hempseed oil).

Hempseed oil is my favorite Ceramide oil. I like sunflower oil too.

CodeRed

Added hempseed to my dry deep conditioning for ends yesterday and added more to my deep conditioner/ends today before steaming.

divinerae

Yesterday I co washed with the L'Oreal Repair 5 Conditioner, applied the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil before blowdrying, and applied Nairobi Smokeless Pressing Cream before flat ironing which has Safflower oil in it.

NaturallyATLPCH

Used APB'S Refresher Spray to refresh hair all this week. It has Kukui Nut oil in it which I thought was a ceramide oil but I can't find it on the ceramide oil list. Hmmm...

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am washing today with Elixir Ultime and doing a dc with Volumactive ampli ciment. Afterwards I am using my Elixir Ultime oil dupe to detangle. Evoo has a small amount of ceramides so I will seal with it.

felic1

I bought a bottle of pompeian spray grapeseed oil. I will seal my braids with it after the SSI spray leave in moisturizers.

CluelessJL

I've recently switched to using walnut or rice bran oil in my daily m&s - I've noticed that they don't seem to weigh my hair down by the end of the week the way others sometimes do. I think my hair is still softer at the end of each day too.