2014 Challenge- CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Ogoma

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):Natural

2) Current hair length:Grazing waist length

3) Ultimate hair length:Terminal

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):Hip length, as thick as it is now, softer and more hydrated, thicker ends

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Conditioning cleanser and occasional mud cleanser

6) Number of times per week you will do this:1-2 times per week

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Ouidad Curl CoWash and Shea moisture african black soap purification mask will be my mainstays for this challenge

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): I plan to incorporate oil rinsing, perform more prepoo hot oil treatments, and to deep condition 1-2x per week

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1x a month

10) List shampoo: Elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo is what I have on hand at the moment, I plan to re-up on my staple Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture Shine Shampoo

ETA: I may experiment with that honey shampoo! It sounds yummy!

Last edited:

Babygrowth

Ogoma

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Relaxed but in a long-term stretch
2) Current hair length: SL
3) Ultimate hair length: Waist length
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): BSL thick manageable flowy hair
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: cowash/co-cleanse
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2x
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: alot but mostly HV amala cream rinse
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): prepooing
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:1-2wk
10) List shampoo: CON argan oil, Eluscence moisture acidifying shampoo and others as I buy/try them out

Lita

Please add me..Thank You!

*On my scalp/cleanser/on my length co/wash or lite con to wash with...
Wash my entire head once a week..My bang twice a week..

*Will Dc,after..With some kind of Ayurvedic/Coffee Conditioner/Mask..

*Hair Length- Tailbone..

*Texture-Natural combo of 3's...

*Goal-Healthy/Fuller/Stronger/Longer hair..

*Poo's-SM hibiscus curl poo...Elasta QP...

*Cleansers-As I Am pudding...

*Co/Wash-SM hibiscus curl co/wash..Alikay Naturals co/wash me....AIA coconut co wash...Naturalle Grow...Kera 10...

*Scalp-Shi Naturals scalp detox...Sisters Keepers scalp black soap....HNH Peacandi scalp..

*Moisturizers/creams/butters inbeween washes....

*Oils/Lotions stimulant 'growth challenge'

*Gels/Balms for edges..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

alanaturelle

Thanks for the tag! I'm definitely in and here is my 411

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural

2) Current hair length: grazing APL

3) Ultimate hair length: MBL

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): BSL

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Co-Wash

6) Number of times per week you will do this: Cowash twice a week

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: A lot, :). I have Suave, Tresemme, VO5, Eden body works & As I Am cowash conditioner in my rotation

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Baggy overnight

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: once a week

10) List shampoo: don't care about the brand as long as they are sulfate free. Right now, I have Shea Moisture, Eden body works and African Black soap liquid.

HHJ :yep:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural, 4a, super fine
2) Current hair length: 1-2 inches from bra strap (I'm 5'9)
3) Ultimate hair length: Hip when stretched
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): I hope to be past brastrap, with soft, moisturized and strong strands
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1x
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Condish
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): DC or protein treatment
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: None
10) List shampoo: None

cutenss

I just co-washed with Eve NYC Soften Up Conditioner. Then I used TJ Nourish Spa, as a leave-in. That is all I will put on my hair.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Mixed some Ayurvedics in V05. It was impromtu so didn't prepoo thus time.

mshoneyfly

Ogoma
Please count me in!!
I will be back to answer ???s
This is an awesome challenge. I hope to gain more knowledge about mud washing

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Aggie

Tempted to relax my hair straight again but I like my texlaxed hair so much. It can handle cowashing so easily without major breakage:ohwell:. I'll think about it for another 3-6 months before I do anything rash.

Aggie

Interesting that cones are okay because most rinse off the hair. I have been wanting to try Aussie 3 Min, but I have been scared.

I know right. I thought the same thing and I'm currently using Ausie MOist Conditioner for cowashing. Sometimes I whip in an egg to make it a protein cowash conditioner for strength.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Speaking of protein cowashing, think I will add silk peptides to my next V05 session. Then DC.

Ravenhairedbeauty

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Texlaxed transitioning to natural
2) Current hair length: Just below collarbone
3) Ultimate hair length: MBL
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Healthy ends hair
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Cowash
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1x per week
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: As I Am Coconut Cowash
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Tea rinsing under DC afterwards
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1x per month
10) List shampoo: Shea Moisture raw shea moisture retention shampoo

Lita

Co/washed with Kera 10,rinsed with Ashilli raspberry con,BASK whiskey soak 1hr,Rinsed warm water,HH soft coconut leave-in,CC hibiscus cream & seals with HNH coffee Brule butter..Hair in 6 braids air drying...

*Kera 10,has a nice creamy medium lotion texture,washed easily,hair was left silky soft/smooth & tangle free...Scent is soft/sweet..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited: