2014 Challenge- CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

faithVA

Washed with acv, then did a protein treatment. Then I cowashed with curls ecstacy mixed with castille soap. DCD with NG marshmallow, slippery elm. I did a mud wash with pink clay on the right and rhassoul on the left. I like both of them better than bentonite clay.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Co-Cleansed with: Hairitage Hydrations Dark Honey Cleansing Conditioner
Cowashed with: Afroveda's Coconut Milk Conditioner

bluenvy

When new challenge for new year starts please tag me. I cowash twice weekly but like to more often maybe daily. Been reading on mud wash, like to incorporate that as well.

Duchess007

Prepooing overnight with sunflower oil, cowashing in the AM with VO5 Coconut.

image-4069197701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

CodeRed

I'm going to start doing this to see if I can take it to the new year and join this challenge 2015.

NaturallyATLPCH

Please tag me also in the new year if you remember. I have given up shampoo for the past month and plan to continue cleansing with clay and cowashing.

faithVA

Cowashed with the curls ecstasy. I tried to dilute it but this stuff is hard to dilute. I think I'm going to repurchase the AIA cleansing pudding on black friday. I really liked it.

Then I did a mudwash with rhassoul clay, water and a little acv. Finally got my mudwash to be a good consistency.

Next week going to work on the consistency of the pink clay.

AgeinATL

Cowashed with the curls ecstasy. I tried to dilute it but this stuff is hard to dilute. I think I'm going to repurchase the AIA cleansing pudding on black friday. I really liked it.

Then I did a mudwash with rhassoul clay, water and a little acv. Finally got my mudwash to be a good consistency.

Next week going to work on the consistency of the pink clay.

Please tag me also in the new year if you remember. I have given up shampoo for the past month and plan to continue cleansing with clay and cowashing.

faithVA and NaturallyATLPCH

Does the mud wash adequately cleanse your scalp? I would love to start using them (because I have very little luck with shampoos) but I have a very oily scalp and cowashing doesn't adequately remove the buildup of sebum. Thoughts? Thanks ladies!

faithVA

[USER=392773 said:
AgeinATL[/USER];20768863]faithVA and NaturallyATLPCH

Does the mud wash adequately cleanse your scalp? I would love to start using them (because I have very little luck with shampoos) but I have a very oily scalp and cowashing doesn't adequately remove the buildup of sebum. Thoughts? Thanks ladies!

It does mine but my scalp is quite dry. You may want to try a ready made product like mud puddle mudwash or if you make it yourself leave out the oil. Clay draws and it can definitely draw out excess oil.

Have you tried any cowash cleansers? They cleanse better than conditioners.

NaturallyATLPCH

faithVA and NaturallyATLPCH

Yes it definitely adequately cleanses mine. I have using the Shea Moisture Purification Mask and when I rinse I always get soft yet cleansed hair strands and a happy scalp. It has kaolin clay in it. I use it once a week and cowash in between when need to.

I'm going to get some Rhassoul clay to cleanse with it as well. Mind you I don't use a lot of stuff on my hair weekly so shampoo was really drying it out even though it was once weekly.

AgeinATL

It does mine but my scalp is quite dry. You may want to try a ready made product like mud puddle mudwash or if you make it yourself leave out the oil. Clay draws and it can definitely draw out excess oil.

Have you tried any cowash cleansers? They cleanse better than conditioners.

I use the SM purification mask and the AIA cleansing cowash. LOVE both for adequately cleansing my hair but they don't adequately clean my scalp because after a week, I have oily buildup. I was hoping that using a mud wash would cleanse my scalp a bit better. I have been seeing your posts on rhassoul mud washes, so I was curious about how well it cleanses the scalp. Thanks for your input!

Last edited: