2014 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolving78

Ok Ok, ya'll talked me off the going natural ledge - BUT I'm really watching my hairline now. I'm tellin' ya'll there's too much of my scalp showing! :lol:

i have some of that going on near my ears. my hair is really coiling up in that area on both sides.

sunnieb

i will try to have some tomorrow! i'm sure it's nothing to be worried about. just maybe a change in texture for you?

I don't know. I've been taking my hair vitamins faithfully so maybe I'm getting better growth this time???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Saludable84, thanks! I use to self relax and agree it's better in some aspects. However, self relaxing doesn't come without its own set of issues (for me). I always overlapped, unintentionally. I also am concerned about under/over processing. While my ends are bad, I feel the issues that come along with self relaxing, if not done properly, may be worse of the two evils. My ends were never an issue until this year so I feel I'm able to achieve healthy ends while being salon relaxed. I might consider it though since my standards are higher than any stylist is able to give.

divachyk

my crown area too! that area is a beast to deal with. i really like that Infusium Moisture Replenisher leave-in mist. i use that as a liquid moisturizer on my new growth and that area. i still use Wave Nouveau moisturizing mist, and SD Waterfall Mist. i got my hair plaited and pinned up right now. i will just spray those areas daily, and reapply my cream moisturizer every twice a week, since i wash every five days. so i will be washing again this sunday night. i think that is the only time i can do my hair and not have to be bothered or rush.

have you ever tried Silicon Mix? i was detangling in the shower! you hear me! detangling in the shower! :drunk::grin::lol: i started singing Touched A Dream and i don't even like that fool! i was dancing singing Usher's Good Kisser and Kem's Can You Feel It! when i was blow drying :lol:

I have never used that mix....so glad to hear it made you saaannng giryal. :lol: shortdub78

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84, thanks! I use to self relax and agree it's better in some aspects. However, self relaxing doesn't come without its own set of issues (for me). I always overlapped, unintentionally. I also am concerned about under/over processing. While my ends are bad, I feel the issues that come along with self relaxing, if not done properly, may be worse of the two evils. My ends were never an issue until this year so I feel I'm able to achieve healthy ends while being salon relaxed. I might consider it though since my standards are higher than any stylist is able to give.

And the overlapping is why I stretch so long. I think, for you, it pays to take one step at a time and thats really admirable. You couldn't stretch past 10 weeks and now your what? 12 weeks post? When you start stretching that long and longer, you find it gets harder to overlap. With me and the fact that I only relaxed 3 times this year, you can see the growth and know where to go. I think as you keep moving along, a lot more things will get easier for you to overcome.

divachyk

Thanks chica Saludable84 do you get consistent processing each and every time. I really prefer not to having varying textures from inconsistent touch up results. I'm 12 weeks now. Can you believe that? However, it has only been possible from styling my hair and forgetting about it for a few days until take down and re-style....so I'm cheating.

I use to touch up every 12 weeks so I will really rejoice come weeks 13 and beyond if I can continue without issues. I will feel really accomplished then. I stretched for 16 weeks once but it was quite eventful so I don't consider that stretch a success.

One step at a time is right. I'm thinking of getting braids for the winter so that will help me stretch as well. I'm gonna try to continue my current stretch and just get the install. I really don't want to relax right now because I wanna see if my ends deteriorate naturally without chemical applied. I will get a nice trim beforehand so I go into the install without problems.

Evolving78

I don't know. I've been taking my hair vitamins faithfully so maybe I'm getting better growth this time??? Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF
I have tried to post a pic, but the screen goes black. I have to delete the app just to get out of it. I got an iPhone so I'm trying to figure this out.

image-3760053271.jpg

I will get a better pic of it when I wash my hair, but I hope u can see what I'm talking about sunnieb

Last edited:

sunnieb

Hey relaxed buddies! Thank you all for participating in this thread. I don't think we need this buddy system anymore, so I won't be creating a 2015 thread.

I'm so glad to see more relaxed ladies posting new threads and participating on the board. Keep it up and let's grow on! :)

Allandra please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.