2014 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

danysedai

How many weeks post are you right now? 9 weeks, I wanted to relax at 8 as long stretches have not been good to me but I suffered a setback a few months ago and my once very thick hair has become thinner. So I will atempt to stretch a bit.

How long are you stretching? 10 or 12 weeks, no more than that.

Any other info? Because of my setback (moisture overload) I am on a protein kick! I was MBL but I've been cutting the thin bone straight ends for months now and I'm at BSL. My goal for 2014 is very full thick MBL hair.

tapioca_pudding

Im in!
My answers:
How many weeks post are you right now? 6 weeks

How long are you stretching? 10-12 weeks BUT this is my first relaxer after being natural, so Im not sure how long I can stretch safely. Im thinking 12 weeks is about right.

Any other info? SL trying to finally make it to APL, PSing my way there (buns/updos) hopefully this year! Also looking for a new relaxer, I used ORS when I did my virgin relaxer and that ish was horrible :nono:.

ckisland

Im in!
My answers:
How many weeks post are you right now? 6 weeks

How long are you stretching? 10-12 weeks BUT this is my first relaxer after being natural, so Im not sure how long I can stretch safely. Im thinking 12 weeks is about right.

Any other info? SL trying to finally make it to APL, PSing my way there (buns/updos) hopefully this year! Also looking for a new relaxer, I used ORS when I did my virgin relaxer and that ish was horrible :nono:.

I'll be your buddy!! I'm newly relaxed too :grin:. I had to relax my hair twice to get close to the results I wanted, but I do wish it was straighter. I used Optimum and was planning to use ORS next time. Why did ORS go wrong?? Are you going to do a corrective?

Last edited:

PrettyinPink001

PrettyinPink001, I will be getting a touch up around 13 Feb. If I count your weeks correctly, you should be getting a touch up sometime the week after, right? All of my buds (listed below) are on different relaxer schedules but we remain grouped together. You can buddy up with me/us since my and your schedules are coinciding.

sunnieb, Luprisi, baddison, DominicanBrazilian, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright

Ok cool, let's begin!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Naphy

Ok guys I'm in this time !
Here are my infos :

How many weeks post are you right now?
I am 10-11 weeks post relaxer.

How long are you stretching?
I plan on stretching until my birthday, ie in May. I will be then about 7 months post ! Every stretch period always me to retain a lot of growth !

Any other info?
I am now wear a full weave with a silk base closure on top. This protective style is the bomb dot com trust me !

naturalagain2

How many weeks post are you right now? I'm 2 wks post

How long are you stretching? I'm newly relaxed so I'm not sure how long I should stretch. My stylist says because of my very coily hair, I should relax every 8 wks but I'm going to go about 9 wks and increase an extra week after every TU to see how far I can go.

tapioca_pudding

I'll be your buddy!! I'm newly relaxed too :grin:. I had to relax my hair twice to get close to the results I wanted, but I do wish it was straighter. I used Optimum and was planning to use ORS next time. Why did ORS go wrong?? Are you going to do a corrective?

ckisland hey lady!! :hug2: I felt that the ORS was a bit harsh on my hair, left it flat with no body. I don't think I need to do a corrective but I lost a lot of hair with that relaxer. :nono: I know some people swear by it though! Next time I plan to use Nairobi brand relaxer or Silk Elements.

How long do you think you will go between relaxers? Do you protective style? What is your goal length? Sorry for all the questions :spinning:

xu93texas

divachyk,
Thank you! :grin:

EnExitStageLeft,
Thank you, too!:grin: I'm going to relax every 10-11 weeks this year. I'm actually going to try to rock my hair out more instead of hiding up under wigs all the time. I probably wear wigs during weeks 7-11 of my stretch (you know when the sides and back start kinking up :grin:)

ckisland

hey lady!! :hug2: I felt that the ORS was a bit harsh on my hair, left it flat with no body. I don't think I need to do a corrective but I lost a lot of hair with that relaxer. :nono: I know some people swear by it though! Next time I plan to use Nairobi brand relaxer or Silk Elements.

How long do you think you will go between relaxers? Do you protective style? What is your goal length? Sorry for all the questions :spinning:

Oh No!!! I'm sorry to hear that :nono:. We had the exact opposite problem with our first relaxers. Relaxing made me realize that my strands are thicker than I thought they were. Although Optimum wasn't strong enough for me to get the results I wanted, I had almost no breakage (even after using it at the full time twice) and would suggest it for someone with normal-fine strands :yep:.

I'm planning to stretch for at least 12-16 weeks, but after my first touch up I'll see about possibly stretching longer. I PS when I'm at home :lol:, because when I'm out I want my hair either down or in a ponytail. I know this is backwards, but once my hair gets longer I'll probably end up bunning a good bit. I'm not a fan of how my buns look at this length. My 2014 goal is MBL but my ultimate goal is Hip :lick:.

tapioca_pudding

Oh No!!! I'm sorry to hear that :nono:. We had the exact opposite problem with our first relaxers. Relaxing made me realize that my strands are thicker than I thought they were. Although Optimum wasn't strong enough for me to get the results I wanted, I had almost no breakage (even after using it at the full time twice) and would suggest it for someone with normal-fine strands :yep:.

I'm planning to stretch for at least 12-16 weeks, but after my first touch up I'll see about possibly stretching longer. I PS when I'm at home :lol:, because when I'm out I want my hair either down or in a ponytail. I know this is backwards, but once my hair gets longer I'll probably end up bunning a good bit. I'm not a fan of how my buns look at this length. My 2014 goal is MBL but my ultimate goal is Hip :lick:.

Hmm I may look into Optimum then! I do have fine strands, which is why I think ORS killed them lol. Live and learn. :D

I TOTALLY understand the PSing at home thing LOL! I hate how my hair looks all bunned up but it's really the best thing for my fine strands, to be protected and put away. My 2014 goal is BSL; I'm hovering between SL and APL now. So that may be a bit ambitious but Im still gonna aim for it :lol: !!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
xu93texas, I looked at your pics on my cell phone earlier...I had to come up in here and look at that hurrr on my laptop. Let me just say this again - your hair is alladat! *two snaps and duck lips*

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Hey buddies! Here are my relaxer pics. Sorry if the pics are huge!! @KiWiStyle, @shortdub78, @EnExitStageLeft, @SunySydeofLyfe, @Cattypus1 I'm off schedule with you guys, but I'm still going to hang out with you. No more long stretches and no more talk of transitioning from me. I freaking love my cut! :)

It's GORGEOUS!!! We're not far off, I'm relaxing in 3 weeks so I'm happy you're sticking around with our group!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PureSilver

How many weeks post are you right now? Will be 6 weeks post tomorrow.

How long are you stretching? 27 weeks of stretching 21 weeks to go

Any other info? Hmmmm......2X per week with Kera Care Hydrating shampoo. For the next 6 weeks i will be using DE Silkening Spray Treatment on wash days. Since it's medium protein i dont need to use any other product. I'm in about 10 challenges this year.

I need a buddy preferably someone doing a long stretch like me.....anybody out there?????:spinning:

Last edited:

Honey Bee

I need a buddy!

I'm about 6months post, relaxing next week. From here on out, I plan to touch up every 12 wks, this stretch was just an experiment.

I'm doing my own TU for the first time and I need guidance, yall! I wanna use the half and half method. Any good blog posts or yt vids?

Morrighan

Not sure if anybody wants to buddy with me? I'm a long term stretcher mostly out of laziness. I'm 30 weeks post and plan on texlaxing in a couple of weeks. After that I'll probably stretch for another 7 months or so

PureSilver

Morrighan....i'm a long term stretcher too and i'm already 6 weeks post as of today. maybe i can lengthen my stretch and catch up to you. What'd you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.