2014 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnieb

Happy New Year Relaxed Beauties! Let's get this year started right! Buddy up!

Please post your stats so a buddy can find you:

How many weeks post are you right now?

How long are you stretching?

Any other info?

Here's the 2013 Buddy Thread as a reference: 2013 Buddies

Also, to the established buddy groups, tag all your members so they can come on over here! :grin:

Hey to my buddies! @Luprisi @baddison @divachyk @DominicanBrazilian82 @Nix08 @Cherry89 @Jobwright

Hi buddies. First, sorry this is so late, but Babygrowth I am so excited to hear that you have a little one on the way.

I relaxed last Saturday. I have been really gentle with the section of hair that I had to cut down to an inch. It is growing back nicely. I am a slow grower so I am really happy for the inch that I gained in that area during the 16 week stretch. It is now ear length. Also, even though I neglected the rest of my hair, it was ok. No trim needed and still APL. I won't take that treatment for granted though. I will be kind to the longer hair too during this stretch. I plan to relax again on April 26.

How is everyone else doing?

Babygrowth Angelinhell MissyB Hyacinthe londonfog

Babygrowth

Hi ChocolateCupcake! Thank you! Me too! Glad to hear that patch is doing better! I decided that I will probably relax in my 2nd trimester because I can't deal with my natural hair. Its too much. I'm starting to not look forward to my wash days and thats not me. I'm getting a sew in in January then in March it will be touch up time!

SunySydeofLyfe

Where my girls at? On my phone cant tag. Lol.

Im 7.5 weeks planning on relaxing in February no date set probably before Valentine's Day since a mission for great hair and a banging body are in the works! !!

Suny

xu93texas

Im 7.5 weeks planning on relaxing in February no date set probably before Valentine's Day since a mission for great hair and a banging body are in the works! !!

Suny

Hey buddy! I'm on a mission for a banging body this year as well. 2013 was a bust for my hair :sad: Therefore, I'm starting over for 2014.

EnExitStageLeft and Cattypus1 good luck on your transitions. I did a mini chop and cut my hair back down to pixie length. Relaxer day is this Friday.

KiWiStyle and SunySydeofLyfe, you guys seem to be relaxing around the same time.

Happy New Year's ladies!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Where my girls at? On my phone cant tag. Lol. Im 7.5 weeks planning on relaxing in February no date set probably before Valentine's Day since a mission for great hair and a banging body are in the works! !! Suny

I'm
Here!! I'll post my stats in a another post.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Hey buddy! I'm on a mission for a banging body this year as well. 2013 was a bust for my hair :sad: Therefore, I'm starting over for 2014. EnExitStageLeft and Cattypus1 good luck on your transitions. I did a mini chop and cut my hair back down to pixie length. Relaxer day is this Friday. KiWiStyle and SunySydeofLyfe, you guys seem to be relaxing around the same time. Happy New Year's ladies!

We're in the same page with being fit! I plan to have the best body of my life starting in 2014...I turn 40 in June and want to show off my newly toned body during my birthday bash!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm 8 weeks 3 days post and plan to texlax the first week in February at 12 weeks post. I'm ready to be BSL and beyond...LET's GET IT CRACKIN' LADIES! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

lamaria211

I'm 5 weeks post, I plan on TU in 7 weeks at 12 weeks post. I use ORS no lye now but I'm contemplating switching back to Mizani.

EnExitStageLeft

xu93texas

Thanks girl! I'mma try to stay sane' because dealing with 2 distinct textures ain't easy :nono:. I do however want to see plenty pictures when you relax. I know its going to be bomb.

As for this challenge. Still in. I ain't leaving. SO......Who want me? :lol:

xu93texas

xu93texas Thanks girl! I'mma try to stay sane' because dealing with 2 distinct textures ain't easy :nono:. I do however want to see plenty pictures when you relax. I know its going to be bomb. As for this challenge. Still in. I ain't leaving. SO......Who want me? :lol:

You know you're still part of the crew! Don't play and don't give up- like me:) You're almost I yr post and your hair seems to be thriving!

PrettyinPink001

Hi im new to this thread. I am 3 weeks post relaxer, I will be highlighting half of my head again. And maybe adding layers For volume.
Im hair drying weekly, cause I exercise 3 times a week.
3 weeks

10-12 weeks

Any other info?
I have low porosity hair and I need help with Deep cond. and a great detangler. A lot of shedding occurs sometimes.

Last edited:

Evolving78

Suny

me and you til the world blow up! :lol: i am right on schedule with you! and i am working on getting my body in order too!

Evolving78

We're in the same page with being fit! I plan to have the best body of my life starting in 2014...I turn 40 in June and want to show off my newly toned body during my birthday bash!

invite me! i would love to come!

LexiDior

How many weeks post are you right now? Im 5 days post

How long are you stretching? 16wks, I want to relaxed around March 25.

MissyB

I relaxed at a salon on December 7th. Motions Regular was used, I'm going to ask the stylist to use another type next time because it burns when it's time for her to rinse out. I never had that problem with my initial relaxer (at another salon) or using box relaxers. The two times that I went to my current salon for touch ups it burned. I don't have actual scalp burns but it's tender for a few days to a week, which I don't think is normal.

10 weeks will be Feb 15th, I'm considering going until March 1st. That'll be 12 weeks. Any buddies planning on relaxing around that time.

JudithO

Hey Ladies... cheering you on.... I'm 9 weeks post but don't know when I'm relaxing...

1. Joico Moisture balm makes my 9 week post hair feel like 4 weeks post.. heheee..
2. I'm still shedding much more than normal so I plan to clean my diet, drink lots of water, take vitamins and back off relaxer for the next couple weeks... Depending on how well that goes, I may decide to transition... Will keep y'all posted.

ckisland

Happy New Year, ladies :grin:

How many weeks post are you right now? Will be 3 weeks this Saturday (Jan. 4)

How long are you stretching? I'm aiming for 12-16 weeks, so in March or April

Any other info? I'm a former natural veteran (6 years), completely new to the world of healthy relaxed hair. I did my own virgin relaxer, and will definitely be a self-relaxer. My goals are to hit BSL/MBL this year, and WL-Whip 2015, but I seem to suffer from sudden bouts of scissor happiness and I need to be stopped :look:.
Hair stats are: 3c/4a/4b , medium and thick strands, high density
I already have one relaxed buddy coolsista-paris :grin: , and eagerly waiting to grow my relaxed family :lots:

baddison

natural for good
Happy New Year Relaxed Beauties! Let's get this year started right! Buddy up!

Last relaxer was December 21st 2013

I shoot for 3 relaxers per calendar year, so that's about 17weeks each stretch

Any other info?

My 2014 relaxer schedule:
Relaxer #1 - Saturday, April 19th
Relaxer #2 - Saturday, August 23rd
Relaxer #3 - Saturday, December 20th

Here's the 2013 Buddy Thread as a reference: 2013 Buddies

Also, to the established buddy groups, tag all your members so they can come on over here! :grin:

Hey to my buddies! @Luprisi @baddison @divachyk @DominicanBrazilian82 @Nix08 @Cherry89 @Jobwright

sunnieb, thanks for starting this new thread!! My replies above..... :grin::grin::grin:

SunySydeofLyfe

me and you til the world blow up! :lol: i am right on schedule with you! and i am working on getting my body in order too!

Lets do it! !! I ate good yesterday now im trying to plan for good healthy eating and lots of hair growth. We winning in 2k14! !

Suny

Status
Not open for further replies.