2014 Steaming in the Moisture

toaster

I miss steaming!! I'll be back to my steamer on January 7th and will treat myself to a 60 minute steam session.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Rozlewis

I think Step1 is very similar to b.a.s.k. Whiskey Vanilla don't you? :yep:

I'd say a Medium for me. Could be Hard for some.:yep:

b.a.s.k. Whiskey say you could use twice per month and since it's pretty similar (for me), I think I'd be safe with this.

Especially these few weeks Post. Plus, I've been experiencing some random shedding.

Your thoughts on Step1 vs b.a.s.k.?

Rozlewis

Rozlewis

I think Step1 is very similar to b.a.s.k. Whiskey Vanilla don't you? :yep:

I'd say a Medium for me. Could be Hard for some.:yep:

b.a.s.k. Whiskey say you could use twice per month and since it's pretty similar (for me), I think I'd be safe with this.

Especially these few weeks Post. Plus, I've been experiencing some random shedding.

Your thoughts on Step1 vs b.a.s.k.?

IDareT'sHair, I have BASK Whiskey in my stash but I have not used it yet. When I had my last hair analysis it said I needed to up my protein so I have been experimenting in an effort not to go to far and end up with protein overload. I have a few good protein treatments in my stash but have no used all of them. I really like the Methi Sativa and I am looking forward to trying to Vanilla Whiskey.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Rozlewis

The other 'good' ones are: Claudie's Reconstructor and Claudie's Renew Protein Rx.

I also love Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair

Keep all of those in mind.:grin:

JustGROWwithIt

Just finished sitting under my steamer. Did a prepoo with Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment. I've never used this conditioner before, it was a free gift at Sally's.

bluediamond0829

I'm in and was just thinking about this the other day.

1. How often you will steam? weekly

2. What method are you using to steam? I have a table top steamer

3. What products will you steam with? DC that I have in my closet(im not buying anything special)...

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Steamed with HQS Honey Pineapple Hibiscus Masque with a little coconut oil on top.
I am SO ready to take these cornrows out! Still haven't decided if I'll flat iron for the end of the year...

JustGROWwithIt

Just finished sitting under my steamer. Did a prepoo with Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment. I've never used this conditioner before, it was a free gift at Sally's.

I forgot to add I also steamed later in the day yesterday after I shampooed with Carol's Daughter Monoi repairing mask. My hair feels amazing!

Funmiloves

Wash day for me today, will steam with my dc mix - Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner, Honey and Coconut Oil. I plan on putting in another weave in tomorrow or on Monday, so will use curlformers to stretch my hair

alanaturelle

Hubby got me a steamer as a Christmas present so I figure I might as well join you. Here are my stats:

1. How often you will steam? Weekly

2. What method are you using to steam? it's a professional standing hair steamer

3. What products will you steam with? Anything that I'm deep conditioning with, lol.

Gryphyn

I'd like to join!

1. How often you will steam? I usually steam every 2-4 weeks.
2. What method are you using to steam? Using a plastic bag under my soft bonnet dryer. I also do baggies or GHE most nights of the week.
3. What products will you steam with? I use oils like coconut, EVOO, argan or castor, protein conditioner, or AVJ under the dryer. I use protein or moisturizing leave ins when I steam overnight.

sexypebbly

Steaming now with marie dean seaweed and rice dc (first time using) with keravada fenugreek and brahimi oil and with honey. Will steam for about 20 min

sexypebbly

Idaretshair

Now I know the seaweed and rice dc is a keeper :) I'll make sure to look into those my next purchase from marie dean.

Gryphyn

Just finished steaming for 30 minutes with my oil mix. I'll do deep protein and moisture next weekend. My hair feels so off balance because I had kinky twist/ braid extensions in for 3-4 months. I'm working on getting the balance back so it'll feel soft and moisturized again.

Beany

Currently under the steamer with a mix of yes to carrots, YAM, olive oil, castor oil, cacao bark, and silk and honey latte. Will steam for 30 min

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm in!

• I plan to steam 1x a week or every 2 weeks, depending on how my hair is style.
  • I use the LCL Professional Steamer with and without a shower cap.
  • I will steam with Aubrey Organics or Giovanni deep conditioners, as well rinses to cover my greys :lol:

Diva_Esq

1. How often you will steam? 2-4x a month
2. What method are you using to steam? Huetiful
3. What products will you steam with? Aussie Moist 3MM, Joico Moisture Recovery Balm, As I Am Hydration Elation, oils

CityGirlLuv

1. How often you will steam? Twice a week.
2. What method are you using to steam? LCL Beauty
3. What products will you steam with? Audrey GPB Conditioner and some oils as a hot oil treatment.

Getting braids Jan. 4th so this is when it'll begin.