2014 Steaming in the Moisture

Rozlewis

2014 Let's Steam in the Moisture

Moisture, Retention, Reduced Breakage, Manageable New Growth, Easier Detangling, Shiny Soft Hair

Come and steam with me.

The New Year will be here and gone before you know it. Don’t let it go by without realizing the many benefits of steaming your hair. I am ready to steam my way through the New Year. Will you join me?

To join please thank the OP and post the answers to the following:

1. How often you will steam?
2. What method are you using to steam?
3. What products will you steam with?

The only rule is to try to check in at least once weekly and share your progress with us. Progress pictures are encouraged but not required.

The benefits of steaming include:
1. Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!!
2. Increased Shine
3. Increased manageability of new growth
4. Softer hair
5. Less hair breakage
6. Decrease in dandruff caused by dry scalp
7. Easier detangling

I have tried to include everyone who participated in the 2013 challenge. Please forgive me if I left anyone off:

bajandoc86
Nix08
HairPleezeGrow
IDareT'sHair
*Frisky*
McQuay30
@APrayer4Hair
EnExitStageLeft
lovelycurls
NJoy
cutenss
Phoenix14
blackeyes31626
Golden75
Nichelle_jb
Coffee
cherry.a
Saludable84
@altaangel
ladykpnyc
Growingmyhairlong
AtlantaJJ
Oceanfox
Karamela
ConstantlyDynamic
DominicanBrazilian82
curlyhersheygirl
JustGROWwithIt
Funmiloves
LaidBak
Angelicus
Shay72
Cherokee-n-Black
nubiennze
Soratachi
pelohello
Golden*Brown
SugarRush
felic1
Curlykutie
bronzebomb
ojthomas
antavia009
Papoose
fadaka
Nappy Nelly
AnitaTheLengths
Incrediblehairgirl
tomnikids3
blondemane
dollface0023
blackmaven
bunnie82
LivingDoll
bhndbrwneyes
@jbwph0101
CurliDiva
curlycrocheter
WarriorGurl23
Ang!
tiffers
Angelicus
Fine 4s
ronie
karenjoe
Im_a_mom40
myhairgrowstoo
footsie
Kim0105
cynd
MizzBFly
Lissa0821
MGA2013
KiWiStyle
divachyk
xu93texas
shortt29
kinchen
rawsilk
nmartin20
Nova
sharifeh
jbwphoto1
MayaNatural

Happy Happy Steaming!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
This is just on time - I just came from under the steamer for my DC tonight.

I plan to steam 1x a week.
I use a standup steamer :love
I steam with a looonnnggg list of stuff - oils, DCs, moisturisers, clays etc.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Omgosh I was so bad this year with this challenge. I'm going to step up my steaming game for sure.

1. How often you will steam? Once per week
2. What method are you using to steam? LCL stand up steamer
3. What products will you steam with? SD, HQ, BASK, SM, Annabelles, any dcs I have on hand.

Pic of current length

ForumRunner_20131215_201650.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Rozlewis

1. How often you will steam? weekly
2. What method are you using to steam? Professional steamer
3. What products will you steam with? I will be using a mix of different Dc's to steam with. Each week I will post what I am using.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
1. How often you will steam? Weekly

2. What method are you using to steam?Professional Dryer

3. What products will you steam with? I will be throwing everything in the
kitchen sink into my hair. Nexxus Humectress,Aphoghee still working on regimen.

toaster

I'd like to join! I recently bought a steamer based off of everyone's reviews and I loooove it.

1. How often you will steam? Once every four days
2. What method are you using to steam? LCL stand up steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Deep conditioners with my oil mix on top.

I'm under the steamer right now with SSI Moisture Riche on 3/4 of my head and Hairveda Sitrinillah on the other 1/4. I looooovvveeeee the SSI but I think I use too much when I DC on dry hair which is my main form of application. I will repurchase to use only after I shampoo.

This was my first time using Hairveda. It's very thick! It seems super moisturizing but was a little lacking in the detangling department. I need to figure out how to use it because I have 2 containers and was hoping to make this my main deep conditioner.

I think both conditioners would be awesome heavy leave ins for a wash and go.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm in! I pretty much steam weekly. I will do my best to keep up with posting in this thread.

sexypebbly

I'm in. Been steaming since Nov and its awesome. I will steam once a week with my professional stand up steamer and will deep condition with various dc's and oils and honey. Will post what I use each week.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Idk how I missed last year's thread but I've got a host of yummy-looking DCs to try out in the new year!

1. How often you will steam? I'm aiming for weekly but it's more likely to be bi-monthly.

2. What method are you using to steam? Huetiful Steamer *my cat ate the plug so steaming has been tricky. :'( *

3. What products will you steam with? I will be using: commercial DCs, commercial conditioners mixed with ayurveda, oils, and homemade masques.

Sent using LHCF app

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Fell off in 2013 because I was in yarn twist/extentions most of the year, but welcome steaming thru 2014 - taking an extention break.

1. How often you will steam? At least 2x per month, but aiming for every week
2. What method are you using to steam? Huetitful Steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Wayyyyyyyyyyy too many to list :lol: - def DC's and want to experiment steaming with oils/butters.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Joining!!!
1. How often you will steam? 1x weekly to 2x monthly
2. What method are you using to steam? Steamer
3. What products will you steam with? My Silk Dreams conditioner.

Nichelle_jb

Thanks Rozlewis

1. How often you will steam? At least once a week, I'm going to aim for twice a week during the winters months.

2. What method are you using to steam? LCL Beauty Home Steamer

3. What products will you steam with? Always with an oil, sometimes with an oil plus one of various deep conditioners.

Nichelle_jb

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will Steam x2 Per Week: Either Tuesday/Friday or Wednesday/Saturday

Using: LCL Pro Series

With: A Variety of Moisturizing DC'ers - I do my Protein & Reconstructors under Dryer

Lissa0821

1. How often you will steam? Bi-weekly
2. What method are you using to steam? stand up steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Joico Moisture Recovery treatment balm mixed with honey

MizzBFly

thanks for the update Rozlewis

1. How often you will steam? Weekly
2. What method are you using to steam? I WILL get my professional steamer this Christmas(come hell to my husband) or I will use the ol' method of the turban with plastic caps
3. What products will you steam with? everything I have:look:

Prettiib

1. How often you will steam? 1x per week
2. What method are you using to steam? Q-Redew
3. What products will you steam with? Shea Moisture Purification Masque or Happy Nappy Honey Knot Going Bananas

JustGROWwithIt

Thanks Rozlewis for starting this challenge! I am still steaming regularly so I will be in again! :grin:

How often you will steam? I steam once a week, very rarely I will do it twice.

What method are you using to steam? I use my Huetiful hair steamer.

What products will you steam with? Depends, I rotate DC's. I currently have Aussie Moist 3 min that I mix with coconut oil and sometimes I just use Mane n Tail. I am planning on adding Carol's Daughter monoi repair mask to my rotation soon as well.

My starting pic...

image-469376481.jpg

image-2567914261.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thanks Rozlewis for starting this challenge! I am still steaming regularly so I will be in again! :grin:

How often you will steam? I steam once a week, very rarely I will do it twice.

What method are you using to steam? I use my Huetiful hair steamer.

What products will you steam with? Depends, I rotate DC's. I currently have Aussie Moist 3 min that I mix with coconut oil and sometimes I just use Mane n Tail. I am planning on adding Carol's Daughter monoi repair mask to my rotation soon as well.

My starting pic...

Your hair is beautiful!

HPG

nmartin20

2014 Let's Steam in the Moisture Moisture, Retention, Reduced Breakage, Manageable New Growth, Easier Detangling, Shiny Soft Hair Come and steam with me. The New Year will be here and gone before you know it. Don’t let it go by without realizing the many benefits of steaming your hair. I am ready to steam my way through the New Year. Will you join me? To join please thank the OP and post the answers to the following:

I'm joining...

1. How often you will steam? Once a week

2. What method are you using to steam? LCL Pro and my Hair Therapy Wrap

3. What products will you steam with? I have multiple things and I will use them all (BASK, OYin, Shea Moisture, Shescentit, Carols Daughter, Darcy's, Trader joes, ORS Mayo, Naturelle, Hairveda's, Curl Junkie, etc).

JustGROWwithIt

Your hair is beautiful!

HPG

Wow, thanks! My hair was lookin' a hot mess when those pics were taken! :lol: I have it cornrowed under a wig for about 3 weeks but so I just took one side braid down to do a quick length check so its was a frizzy mess. But thanks for the compliment. You made my day! :yep:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Are we posting in here? I am steaming in my dc of biolage matrix aqua immersion on my roots and Aubrey Rosa Mosqueta on my length.

Last edited:

fletgee

How often will you steam?-1x a week
What method are you using to steam?-Hot towels and plastic cap
What products will you steam with?-Kanechom products with olive oil and a banana

1. How often you will steam? Once per week
2. What method are you using to steam? Huetiful
3. What products will you steam with? Homemade DCs & various storebought