2014 Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Twists my sister did. I'll keep them in for a couple weeks.

ForumRunner_20140524_214005.jpg

ForumRunner_20140524_214047.jpg

ForumRunner_20140524_214055.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

faithVA

Switched from flat twists meeting at my crown to 8 flat twists, twisted over to my right side. This style is easier and faster. I'm going to try to stick with this through the end of July. Will take a pic this weekend to update.

nmartin20

After washing/deep conditioning/steaming my hair, I braided my hair in about 10-12 plaits. I will take them out tomorrow. I'm hoping I like my hair, because I used some new products from Darcy's B.

nmartin20

I did the LOC Method tonight. I spritzed my hair with water/juices and berries(L), Anita Grant's Monoi oil (O), and Hair dew(C). I placed my hair in two twists. I'm planning to keep my hair up until Wed or Thurs.

nmartin20

I did the LOC Method tonight. I spritzed my hair with water/juices and berries(L), Anita Grant's Monoi oil (O), and Hair dew(C). I placed my hair in two twists. I'm planning to keep my hair up until Wed or Thurs.

Here are my twists

Attachments

• image-859597216.jpg
    image-859597216.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 106

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
After almost 6 weeks in my cornrows, I'll be taking them down this weekend. They are still nice and moisturized but look a hot frizzy mess. I have a few appts next week and I don't wanna scare anybody. lol

I'll be pampering my hair by clarifying, doing a protein treatment and a nice steam session with an ultra moisturizing DC. For the next few weeks, I'll continue pampering it by washing/steaming every 7-10 days and wearing it in it's natural curly state then bunning. I've already made my appt for next month to get more braids installed.

nmartin20

Last night, I washed/DC and set under my steamer for 45 minutes(used Shescentit's Banana Brûlée MDC). Styled my hair with Oyin's Hair Dew, Shescentit's Juicy Berry Buttercream, and theirPapaya Curly Soufflé. I put my hair in about 8-10 twists. I'm planning to do an updo later today.

MissMariee

I've been doing buns everyday for like the past month. My scalp hurts on my crown area from bunning so I'm trying banana clips hoping it'll hold a little looser.. This is that I came up with

image-1071175972.jpg

gvin89

Still doing twists/twist outs. My bday is next Sunday so I need a different style but not blown out

faithVA

I have been in a puff since Tuesday of last week. Enough is enough. Will be putting it back into flat twist after I wash this evening.

toaster

On Saturday I shampood, deep conditioned, and put in 8 twists with kinky curly knot today and curling custard. It took until this morning for them to be completely dry! I'm wearing a twist out bun until the weekend. Next weekend I will redo the process and sit under the dryer for at least an hour to speed up the process.

FoxxyLocs

Still bunning. I did a quick length check and found that I'm finally at hip length (yay!!). My hemline is a V, so the rest of the summer I'll be thickening up to a full U. I'm happy with my progress :)

faithVA

Still bunning. I did a quick length check and found that I'm finally at hip length (yay!!). My hemline is a V, so the rest of the summer I'll be thickening up to a full U. I'm happy with my progress :)

Fabulous. I know your hair looks beautiful.

charmtreese

I think I cheated a bit. But today I pulled my twist back in a ponytail and attached a bun I made with kinky twist hair...I think this will be my go to style when I don't want to take my twist down.

Still loving this challenge!

Rozlewis

Here is my bun from Sunday. I forgot to post it here.

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3049.jpg
    IMG_3049.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 61

nmartin20

These are pictures of my medium size twists. I would love to keep them about two weeks. You know; my twist do not last long. I use to do mini twist and I could keep them almost 3-4 weeks

Attachments

• image-3436338468.jpg
    image-3436338468.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image-977000083.jpg
    image-977000083.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 66

jesusislove1526

The set of small twists with braided roots I put in near the end of May. They will be in for another 2 weeks if I can manage it.

Attachments

• 5-29-14--Sm Twists w BR (2).jpg
    5-29-14--Sm Twists w BR (2).jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 5-29-14--Sm Twists w BR (4).jpg
    5-29-14--Sm Twists w BR (4).jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 5-29-14--Sm Twists w BR (5).jpg
    5-29-14--Sm Twists w BR (5).jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 86

charmtreese

These are pictures of my medium size twists. I would love to keep them about two weeks. You know; my twist do not last long. I use to do mini twist and I could keep them almost 3-4 weeks

Your twist look like mine. What length are you? My twist usually only last a week, but I normally take them down before the end of the week anyways.

charmtreese

Twist with bun.

Attachments

• image-4229249382.jpg
    image-4229249382.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1122837783.jpg
    image-1122837783.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3955381157.jpg
    image-3955381157.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 84
  • image-788667891.jpg
    image-788667891.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2695073468.jpg
    image-2695073468.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 81

nmartin20

Your twist look like mine. What length are you? My twist usually only last a week, but I normally take them down before the end of the week anyways.

My hair is almost armpit on the sides and near my bra-strap in the back. Yesterday marked 3 years since my BC.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Bunned up for the week. This bun was done on old flexi rod hair. I moisturized really well before putting it in as all I'll be doing is spritzing it and not taking it down until Friday. My edges/roots have started to revert from the flexi rod set but that's fine.

Last edited: