2015-05-25 - Recent Updates And Downtime

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Ladies,

Once again thank you for your patience during the recent downtime/updates of last week.

At the start of the week, corruption was detected in one of our database tables. This is something that does not happen very often but it does happen - nothing we can do about it, other than just repair the database and move on.

There was a 4-5 hour downtime initially which fixed the database problem but not entirely. As a result I had to perform the same task at the end of last week when the forum was closed/down again to perform this maintenance. Although the issue was not life threatening (so to speak) had it not been addressed we would have been looking at more serious issues down the line.

During the last maintenance window, we discovered additional issues with our secure certificate. As a result (and because it was 3:30 in the morning and I was dead tired), the site was switched on without the certificate i.e. accessing it using http vs. https. The certificate issue was corrected this weekend.

I understand that this caused some confusion and it was not intended but I had to either keep the forum off until the certificate issue was resolved or keep it on without it temporarily. I opted for the latter.

There is one thing remaining to do, and that is to rebuild the search index, which will be done late at night when the forum doesn't have that much traffic so as not to interfere with your browsing.

Finally, some good news, after two months and no replies from a mobile app vendor (ForumRunner) I finally got somewhere and waiting for resolution on adding our forum to their network. This will mean that you will be able to access the forum using your mobile device's browser but also there will be an application that you can use to do the same.

More on the app to come as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you once again for your understanding and patience.

LHCF Team

Atthatday

Every knee shall bow...
Thank
Ladies,

Once again thank you for your patience during the recent downtime/updates of last week.

At the start of the week, corruption was detected in one of our database tables. This is something that does not happen very often but it does happen - nothing we can do about it, other than just repair the database and move on.

There was a 4-5 hour downtime initially which fixed the database problem but not entirely. As a result I had to perform the same task at the end of last week when the forum was closed/down again to perform this maintenance. Although the issue was not life threatening (so to speak) had it not been addressed we would have been looking at more serious issues down the line.

During the last maintenance window, we discovered additional issues with our secure certificate. As a result (and because it was 3:30 in the morning and I was dead tired), the site was switched on without the certificate i.e. accessing it using http vs. https. The certificate issue was corrected this weekend.

I understand that this caused some confusion and it was not intended but I had to either keep the forum off until the certificate issue was resolved or keep it on without it temporarily. I opted for the latter.

There is one thing remaining to do, and that is to rebuild the search index, which will be done late at night when the forum doesn't have that much traffic so as not to interfere with your browsing.

Finally, some good news, after two months and no replies from a mobile app vendor (ForumRunner) I finally got somewhere and waiting for resolution on adding our forum to their network. This will mean that you will be able to access the forum using your mobile device's browser but also there will be an application that you can use to do the same.

LHCF Team
s

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
You and Bev are always in my prayers. The two of you sacrifice much and it is not unnoticed nor taken for granted. God's blessings are with you...always. :pray:

Shimmie

Tamrin

unapologetic
I still cannot attach a file to a post or upload media. What is the problem? Its very annoying. I cannot on my phone or my tablet.

Taleah2009

Is any one else having trouble accessing the flight from their mobile?? Since the latest downtime I can not get on the site from my phone or iphone.

Lady-RuffDiamond

Ladies,

LHCF Team

I'm still getting certificate warnings when I'm on. I can still access it, but I thought you should know anyway.

Ps Thank you all the work you have done so far. It is not unacknowledged.

Lady-Ruffdiamond

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I still cannot attach a file to a post or upload media. What is the problem? Its very annoying. I cannot on my phone or my tablet.
you may have to shrink your file. there are apps you can download to shrink the photo size. then you will be able to post it......that's what i have had to do ever since the upgrade and change.

hth

sugarbaybie

My account continuosly logs out within 2 seconds of logging in. It's been difficult to get to this thread and post because this site logs me out within seconds. This is my 2nd time reporting this.