2015 APL/BSL Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Does anyone else lose their hair when they're stressed? That's what's happening here. I don't necessarily feel or act stressed when I am stressed...my hair just falls out. Considering the roller coaster I've been through in the last year, I'm not surprised. In fact, I remember saying a couple of months ago, "I'm surprised my hair hasn't fallen out yet." I guess I spoke too soon. :cry4:

So it's not just that my nape is breaking off. I have a thin/short patch on my right side and in the back middle area. Ugh.
My hair breaks from stress too. Senior year of high school was really stressful and my crown broke off down to a couple inches.

It happened again in college. I am really trying to eliminate stressors in my life since it isn't good for my health (or hair).

quirkydimples

My hair breaks from stress too. Senior year of high school was really stressful and my crown broke off down to a couple inches.

It happened again in college. I am really trying to eliminate stressors in my life since it isn't good for my health (or hair).
The major stressors are gone (aside from my new job, which is only stressful because it was a big promotion) but the damage is done. I've been coveting a bob for a minute, so I guess this is my chance.

beauti

I ended up taking those cornrows out couple days ago, deep conditioned overnight, and have been keeping my hair in a damp bun underneath my wig using the loc method (well I use lco). I will keep this up until the end of the year. My hair is sooo soft. I will cowash every 3 days and alternate moisture with protein to avoid mushy hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm looking forward to washing my hair Sunday. It's crazy how I used to dread wash days and now I love them. I finally figured out how to prevent tangles, breakage and excessive shedding.

I shampoo and condition on Sunday morning and then I let my hair airdry under my wig until after work (in celies). Once dry I can unravel my celies, finger detangle, moisturize and rebraid. I can get my comb from root to tip with no problems now.

I think correcting my moisture overload helped a lot too.

traceedeebee

I am looking forward to the December reveals.
Me, too. :flahssssss:I may have to do a blowout before I install my next protective style. I want to straighten it but my workouts will kill that. I guess it won't matter since I would have completed my half beforehand.

I'm two weeks into my crochet. After my run this morning, I had to cleanse my scalp. I'll go down the rows an apply moisturizer and oil. It's been nice not to have to worry about my hair when I'm working. Headband...ponytail and that's it.

kupenda

I think im gonna start taking Mielle Organics hair vitamins. Ill see what they have going on for black friday. Otherwise I'll pick it up on the ground. Im thinking ill give it a good 3 months before i decide if it works. Unless of course it breaks me out