2015 APL/BSL Challenge

ajargon02

So this January I started at neck length in the back and the middle of my cheek after my 2nd big chop. My ends were split and they needed to go. After the initial cut, I had to go home and chop more. So this is where I am at. I think that I will for sure make full apl next year and be back on my way to bsl! I am too excited!

Attachments

• 20151206_201812.jpg
    20151206_201812.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 2013-12-24 17.34.21.jpg
    2013-12-24 17.34.21.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 43

traceedeebee

Ssssssoooooo proud of you! !!! I've been wanting to do even a 15k, but things never work out. I'm happy you are able to do it and well! !! Yaaayyy!!!
Thank you! I understand running is a hard commitment to make. This is my first year where my iron level stayed high enough that I had the energy to do anything. I haven't done a 15k yet. Mentally, I like 10 miles. I always feel good at 10.

traceedeebee

Congrats on your half marathon @traceedeebee. Remember todrench your hair in some hot oil. It will help with detangling. Better yet, try Chicoro's prepoo. Your hair just might like it.
I almost forgot but that prepoo was heaven.
I didn't put a lot of oil on my cornrows before I started unbraiding. I underestimated how much sweating I did Saturday :barf:.

What I did?
Prepoo with Chicoro's recipe
Cleanse
Mild protein treat
Oil rinse
Deep condition

At first I didn't think the prepoo treatment worked but as I was cleansing, the shed hair was just gliding out. I actually finger detangled in the shower. The oil rinse was a little extra on top. I didn't have oily hair or anything. I blew my hair out and flat ironed. I needed to inspect my ends and get my end of the year picture.

Next year, hoping for no setbacks and full APL next year.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 35

Aggie

I almost forgot but that prepoo was heaven.
I didn't put a lot of oil on my cornrows before I started unbraiding. I underestimated how much sweating I did Saturday :barf:.

What I did?
Prepoo with Chicoro's recipe
Cleanse
Mild protein treat
Oil rinse
Deep condition

At first I didn't think the prepoo treatment worked but as I was cleansing, the shed hair was just gliding out. I actually finger detangled in the shower. The oil rinse was a little extra on top. I didn't have oily hair or anything. I blew my hair out and flat ironed. I needed to inspect my ends and get my end of the year picture.

Next year, hoping for no setbacks and full APL next year.
I'm so glad it worked for you. It's my go to prepoo when I'm having a really bad hair day.

Queensheba88

So this January I started at neck length in the back and the middle of my cheek after my 2nd big chop. My ends were split and they needed to go. After the initial cut, I had to go home and chop more. So this is where I am at. I think that I will for sure make full apl next year and be back on my way to bsl! I am too excited!
Wow great growth you will be bsl in no time!!

Queensheba88

Texlaxed my hair on monday and i must say i really am falling more and more in love with my hair. Ive been on a personal no heat challenge and this jbco mix has my hair growing insane. Im hoping to be apl but im not going to do a heat pass until right before christmas so i can trim more of these straight ends off and get an accurate length. Im excited to be a little over 50% textlaxed and if it was up to me i would cut back to shoulder length but hubbys not having it lol. Will update with pics once i flat iron...hoping to join the bsl challenge next year!!

traceedeebee

You're hair looks healthy and beautiful

This is also my goal. I don't know if I have ever had two full years of no set backs.
It's going to happen for happen for you. You've gone one year so two years will be easygoing.

Do you know if the 2016 challenge will be APL/BSL again? Thank you for the compliment. The best I can do for my hair is to twist it and forget it. Only a little maintenance is required.

apple_natural

Thanks. I'm still making up length and fullness from the last set back in March of last year based on my blow out the other day.

Supposed to be putting in twists. Haven't started

I hope next year's challenge is apl/bsl

traceedeebee

Thanks. I'm still making up length and fullness from the last set back in March of last year based on my blow out the other day.

Supposed to be putting in twists. Haven't started

I hope next year's challenge is apl/bsl
I was supposed to be mini twisting myself. I've been doing anything but getting my hair ready. I'll figure out something I'm supposed to see Star Wars next weekend.

faithVA

By chance, is this the lemongrass leave in? I've been keeping things simple using water but this had my interest piqued ever since I heard about it.
I like the lemongrass leave in. However it acts like a humectants and will poof your hair if you are sensitive to that type of thing. But it actually does help give me a bump of moisture when I need it. I spritz and baggy and I can make it anfew more days. I only use it with my twist though.