2015 APL/BSL Challenge

PlainJane

I like the lemongrass leave in. However it acts like a humectants and will poof your hair if you are sensitive to that type of thing. But it actually does help give me a bump of moisture when I need it. I spritz and baggy and I can make it anfew more days. I only use it with my twist though.
Hmm I really wanted it to work because it smells like pez candy and masks the jbco smell. Maybe I'll try it again on clean hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm washing my hair tomorrow. I might do an overnight prepoo with Kerastase Nutri Thermique conditioner. It's too thin to be used as a dc

Eta I just applied a generous amount of Nutri Thermique to my hair and massaged it in. I'm so excited about doing my hair tomorrow. I got some new Conair shears so I can dust my ends.

Last edited:

PlainJane

I flat ironed so I could trim my ends and I love the results. It took a long time so I'm going to preserve this as long as possible. I'm definitely using jbco consistently next year to try and gain some thickness. I'm not claiming APL because my hair doesn't comfortably rest there lol. But this is officially the longest and fullest my hair has been (in a healthy state). It was a good move for me to transition.

apple_natural

I still haven't put in my twists. I'm scared to do that because the last time I put in twists, my hair got so dry and tangled in. I didn't keep it moisturized. I don't know why.

I think I'll just out in box braids and not twists.

traceedeebee

Nothing..

I just made sure it didn't get wet
Seriously?!? I'm setting challenged. When my hair was shorter I did get one awesome rod set that people thought was my texture. I tried probably six months later and it wasn't right. I would like to have flexi rod sets as an option. My problem will be not sweating at night and not rolling all over the bed. I'm one rough sleeper. :sleeping:

traceedeebee

Cleaning out my bathroom tonight! There's no reason for me to keep all these products that are just "okay" in 2016. Especially since half of these didn't even get touched in 2015.
Any unused products can be donated to a women's shelter or some place like Target house. You'd be surprised at what parents don't have access to while they are caring for a sick child.