2015 Challenge- CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
*Copied/modified from the 2014 CoWashing Challenge*

Okay Ladies, let's keep it up in 2015 with our Co-Washing, Co-Cleansing, Mud Washing, Honey Cleansing or any other alternative form of cleaning our hair and scalp while retaining maximum moisture. Maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses are the goals here!

Please post updates whenever you partake in any of the mentioned activities. At a minimum, weekly and/or monthly updates are needed to keep this thread active.

This challenge is to motivate and encourage each other to get that maximum moisture and meet our goals. It will also help us learn different techniques and methodology and what seems to work best for different types of hair.

This challenge will end December 31, 2015.

RULES:
Co-Wash/Co-Cleanse/Mud Wash/Honey Cleanse/Other minimum 1x/wkly. More if you'd like! You don't have to do all of them, just choose the method(s) that suit you and your hair.

Report what products or ingredients you are using, how your hair is responding, and any ups and downs you'd like to share with us regarding the methods.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):
2) Current hair length:
3) Ultimate hair length:
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
6) Number of times per week you will do this:
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:
10) List shampoo:

Join by answering the questions above.
If your name is not on the list below, feel free to post and join the challenge! Your name will be added at a later date.
If you want off the list, please PM me and I'll remove you.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Back in for 2015! Twice a week.

Will use a Variety of R/O's (will list them as I use them) and will also use any DC'er I want to use up as either a Pre-Rx or a Co-Wash.

Will also use a variety of Cleansing Conditioners, Cleansing Puddings etc.....(and will also post those).

NaturallyATLPCH

Please add me to the 2015 list. I exclusively cowash/Mudwash.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: layers, different lengths, around nape length
3) Ultimate hair length: armpit length
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): even shoulder length
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Mud detox/cowash
6) Number of times per week you will do this:2
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: As I Am Cleansing Pudding, Shea Moisture Purification Mask, J.Monique Naturals Detox Mud Mask, various conditioners to use them up
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): prepooing once a week
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: I will not shampoo

Last edited:

Rozlewis

rileypak Thanks for the tag. I will be cowashing in 2015 for sure. 1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): relaxed 2) Current hair length: APL 3) Ultimate hair length: Mid-back 4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): ends maintenance 5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Cowashing weekly and Dc'ing 6) Number of times per week you will do this: Once per week 7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Right now I am having a love affair with Claudie's Jojoba Cleansing Conditioner but I will be using others to reduce my stash. I will post them as I use them 8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Hot oil treatments, DC'ing, ayurvedic treatments, oil rinsing 9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1 - 2 times per month 10) List shampoo:Keracare Hydrating Detangling Poo, silk Dreams Go Moist

Last edited:

MzPrince

Back for 2015

Cowash last night WEN Tea Tree co wash cleanser
Natural
Shoulder length.

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I'm in it for 2015 1x a week!

I will be using my faves:

Ouidad Curl Co-wash

Deva Curl No-Poo

Shea Moisture Purification Masque

I will also be trying a honey aloe rinse to see how that works out.

I need to shop my stash and try:

As I Am Curl Co-wash

Keracare Cleansing cream (discontinued?)

I also have a few cheapies I have yet to try as co-washers. I also will incorporate some deep conditioners I have as co-washers too.

Duchess007

Thanks for the tag, rileypak! I'm in!

2) Current hair length: Waist-length, stretched
3) Ultimate hair length:: Waist-length, unstretched
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):: hip length, stretched. Would like to even out the layers a bit.
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:: Will cowash weekly with VO5; DC, ACV or oil rinse; apply leave-in; and twist or braid for the work week. Will potentially wear hair loose on Fridays or whenever I am planning to henna. Will aim to remoisturize hair (in the twists/braids) twice a week.
6) Number of times per week you will do this:: will cowash once a week, unless a midweek wash is necessary due to workouts. If midweek cowash is done, will leave hair in braids/twists.
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:: VO5
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):: will prepoo with oil mix, unless doing a henna treatment. Afterward, will DC with homemade mix on a weekly basis and alternate oil and ACV rinses.
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:: once every blue moon, to clarify.
10) List shampoo:: VO5 Kiwi Clarifying Shampoo, Black Soap Clay Wash

Last edited:

Joigirl

2) Current hair length: BSL

3) Ultimate hair length: Waist Length

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Waist Length in longest layer of hair.

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Cowash

6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2 times a week.

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Tresemme Naturals Conditioner

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): deep conditioning and an occasional oil rinse.

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: once a month or as needed.

10) List shampoo: you.[/QUOTE]

CodeRed

rileypak

I want to join! I'm going to be doing this 90% of the time next year....

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Relaxed
2) Current hair length: Shoulder length
3) Ultimate hair length: Um... I just want it healthy and growing lol
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Same as 3... also with less breakage than I had this year w/o co-washing
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Clarifying/chelating shampoo once a month followed by a mud wash and deep conditioner. All other times co-washing.
6) Number of times per week you will do this: Cowashing 3x per week or more, as needed, shampoo/mud wash once a month
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: VO5 Conditioners and shampoo, EVA NYC Hair Mask, homemade mud wash (the same as I use on my face... clay/aloe vera gel/amla powder/vinegar mix), also using up various other conditioners/shampoos until they're gone.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Deep conditioning after shampoo/mud wash
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:Once a month.
10) List shampoo:
Currently using Mizani Neutralizing/Chelating Shampoo til it's gone. Will start using VO5 clarifying after that.

CodeRed

Just shampooed with Mizani Chelating shampoo and now sitting with mud/clay on my head until it hardens and dries. Will wash that out and follow with Mark Hill Conditioner (has lots of proteins in it) steam for 15 minutes then rinse out conditioner with Yes To Carrots.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
After washing out ny hendigo this morning with Tresemme flawless curls I cowashed with suave hemuctant moisture con and Tresemme flawless curls con.

CodeRed

Just shampooed with Mizani Chelating shampoo and now sitting with mud/clay on my head until it hardens and dries. Will wash that out and follow with Mark Hill Conditioner (has lots of proteins in it) steam for 15 minutes then rinse out conditioner with Yes To Carrots.

Yeah...um... it took 7 hours for that to harden lol. Didn't expect that... next time I'll make it a little bit more liquid-y so it can dry faster. Glad I'll only be doing this once a month...

faithVA

2) Current hair length: NL

3) Ultimate hair length: WL

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
Hydrated, moisturized, SL length hair that can be washed and styled in 1 hour.

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
Will be doing MHM 1x a week and a modified MHM during the week.

6) Number of times per week you will do this:
2x a week when not in a protective extension style. Every 2 weeks otherwise.

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
AIA Cleansing Pudding, 1 of a multitude of conditioners, rhassoul clay

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
Deep conditioning 1x a week. Oiling my scalp and steaming every few days.

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: Not sure. 1x a month to 1x a quarter.

10) List shampoo:
I think its Elasta Soy Oyl

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I'm back in! Will do 1x-2x per week until I get my install. Will use a variety of conditioners but will not be without my HV ACR.

CodeRed

Will be co-washing with Yes To Carrots conditioner later today when I get off of work... posting now because I'll be too tired after lol.

xu93texas

rileypak, please add me to the list.

1) I'm natural
2) TWA
3) BSL Natural
4) SL is my year end hair goal.
5) I will cowash and DC.
6) I will cowash twice a week
7) I'll be using Shescentit Blueberry cowash, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner, Tresemme Natural conditioner.
8) various DC
9) I'll use shampoo weekly
10) SM Manuka Honey, Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo, Ouidad Superfruit Clarifying Shampp

jesusislove1526

Thanks for the tag. I'm in! Pictures to come.

2) Current hair length: grazing WL stretched

3) Ultimate hair length: TBL stretched

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Retaining at least 3 inches of hair growth, ends maintenance

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Cowash

6) Number of times per week you will do this: Alternating between DCing and cowashing 1x per week. M&S 3x per week. Protective styles only.

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: White Rain, VO5 Moisture Milks, Suave Conditioners

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): deep conditioning and overnight prepoo

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: As needed, maybe every other month

10) List shampoo: Suave Daily Clarifying

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pre-Rx with - Mission:Condition's TerraForma Pre-Poo Treatment
Cleansed with: Hydroquench Systems Brazilian Cocoa with Honey Cleansing Conditioner

Ms. Tiki

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): texlaxed - currently 32 weeks post
2) Current hair length: Hip Length - about to cut up to waist length
3) Ultimate hair length: It was HL but I reached it. I no longer have a goal. I only want blunt ends.
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): healthy blunt ends
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:Shampoo once a week and cowash with DC twice a week with steam
6) Number of times per week you will do this: see above
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: too many to name but getting back into Ayurveda and Aubrey Organics
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1x per week
10) List shampoo: too many to list...I have a serious collection :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pre-Rx = Mission:Condition's TerraForma Pre-Poo Rx
Cleanse = HydroQuench Systems Brazilian Cocoa & Honey
Final R/O = Mission:Condition's Cranberry Cheapskate