***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Let's start the new year off right by treating our hair to some delectable, delicious nourishment ladies!

2015 DEEP CONDITION to the MAX!!!

Deep conditioning is an excellent way to provide nourishment to your hair via moisture and/or protein. Maintain that moisture/protein balance and your hair will thank you by retaining length!

This thread can be used as a journal as you chronicle your own deep conditioning experiences.

Be sure to document the following...

1. What product(s) did you use?
2. How long did you DC for?
3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc)
4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond?

Periodically search your posts within this thread to be reminded of combinations that worked really well or not so well for you!
If you were a DC Challenger last year YOU’RE IN:grin: If it ain't broke, don't fix it! If you are new to DC’ing this year, just jump in and POST:yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
...and the challengers are...

IDareT'sHair
Rozlewis
veesweets
lamaria211
Brownie518
faithVA
kupenda
Lilmama1011
Froreal3
Babygrowth
uofmpanther
Atdow71
mschristine
xu93texas
sexypebbly
HanaKuroi
HairPleezeGrow
EnExitStageLeft
GrowAHead
Aggie
mshoneyfly
gbunnie
DominicanBrazilian82
curlyhersheygirl
lovelycurls
tiffers
Lita
divachyk
naturalagain2
felic1
lisanaturally
Bajanmum
TraciChanel
Duchess007
NappyNelle
cynd
toaster
AlliCat
LexiDior
ZebraPrintLover
Blairx0
Ann0804
halee_J
~*~ShopAholic~*~
billyne
LightEyedMami
kbnax
sisters248
greenbees
Jewell
MGA2013
JulietWhiskey
Shadiyah
cutenss
sharifeh
KaramelDiva1978
MrsTimberlake
IronButterfly
Lisaaa Bonet
bajandoc86
TheVioletVee
Sunshinelove32
Luprisi
lovestarr
karlajamaica
Hair Iam
BKfinest
SpiceUpMyHair
Americka
Cherry89
SugarRush
greenandchic
Forever in Bloom
grantalston4
JazzyOleBabe
Shana'
gorgeoushair
shortt29
sherrimberri
Luckyladyj
naturalfinally
Beamodel
jesusislove1526
Mocha126
MayaNatural
jayjaycurlz
fiyahwerks
apple_natural
TruMe
~NanCeBoTwin~
DaDragonPrincess
MicheePrings
nmartin20
xNichex
Shay72
Lovestyr
Michelemybelle
MileHighDiva
spacetygrss
kennylee2013
CodeRed
itismehmmkay
s1b000
loulou82
Lexsmarie
SuchaLady
TejadaUrdiales
antavia009
TrueSugar
lusciousladie07
laylaaa
Jobwright
awkwardlexi
NaturallyATLPCH
@bign__17
Honeytips
wheezy807
Smiley79
ronie
joyandfaith
Coffee
jhcprincess
Golden75
mami2010
Iluvsmuhgrass
Fine 4s
Hyacinthe
CB1731
daviine
KPH
DarkJoy
cherryhair123
baha_locks
Diva_Esq
karenjoe
belletropjolie
GodsPromises
Royalq 1
Inspiired 1
southerncitygirl 1
Bublin
syncerelyhis
NappyRina
RegaLady
Trinisoul
Bosslady1
curlycrown85
rawsilk
randi415
ginabuglol
Hot Chocolate-LB
virtuenow
queenvdb
Pennefeather
kaykari
DaiseeDay
SunySydeofLyfe
Shockolate
Loves Harmony
Tinadem39
Lylddlebit

NaturallyATLPCH

Thanks for the tag! I will definitely continue DCing in the new year.

My goal is to DC with a soft bonnet dryer or hot head. I have around 20 or so DCs :blush: so I will be using up the stash. I will be alternating a DC with protein with a moisturizing dc. I also have some oils to use up so I may be adding some oils to my DCs as well.

Either way, unless my hair is in protective style mode, DCing will definitely be a weekly thing! :yep:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I DC bi-weekly when I cleanse. I will continue to use my Hair Therapy Wrap or Mastex Heat Cap. It may be psychological, but I can't DC with out heat.

I have too many to name :spinning:, but some of my favorite DC's are Silk Dreams VS, MSI, Shea What! and RCA. Also, Bee Mine Bee u ti ful, and Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Ahhhh! Thanks for the tag! :)

In 2015, I think I'll go back to ceramide oil rinsing and then putting the DC on top with heat. My hair loved that but I got sooo lazy with it and moved on to other things.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will Steam and/or use my Dryer x2 per week.

Deep Conditioners, Tea, Coffee and Oil(s) maybe some Clay, Whiskey, YAM, Candy, Tutti Fruitti and other stuff.

Steamed tonight with Darcy Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask

Last edited:

wheezy807

Thanks for the tag. If you want healthy hair, deep conditioning is definitely the way to go. I couldn't imagine life without it.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Will deep condition every 1-2 weeks

I will primarily use Ingredients to die for Organicals deep conditioning creme, and Bask Whiskey Hair Soak

Lita

I'm in..

DC once a week
Ayurvedic treatments once a month
Mud washes

Happy Hair Growing!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I'd like to join. I'm a sucker for DC's that's why I have so many lol. I tend to DC weekly or at least these days bi-weekly sometimes. I like to use my Hothead if I want to not be stuck in one place or my bonnet dryer. In the new year I'm going to try to use my steamer cause it's been collecting dust.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

xu93texas

I'm in again! I DC twice a week. I will continue doing this using my dryer.

My current deep conditioners are AO GPB conditioner, Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture, Shescentit Curl Moist, and Shescentit Banana Brûlée.

oneastrocurlie

Count me in too!

I DC weekly lazy style putting on a shower cap, bonnet, and then a scarf to trap in my body heat and leave on for at least 30 mins.

I also warm up my conditioner from time to time. I want to be more consistent with that.

Daernyris

I would like to join.
I was dc'ing twice weekly, then clinicals began and I dropped to once per week. I can really tell the difference.
My hair seems to love any DC that's handmade/homemade
I plan to purchase a steamer this year

Brownie518

I'm in...

I'm still doing only 1x a week, for now. I'll be moving into 2015 with my favorites:

Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair
Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
Naturelle Grow Slippery Elm
CD Black Vanilla Smoothie
Claudie's Deep Moisturizing

kupenda

Happy to be back in for the new year! Barring special circumstances, I will be DCing weekly. My hair loves protein, so I'll be sticking with my Silk Dreams Mocha Silk and revisiting AO GPB. For moisture, I'll be using Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk and Shea What (only ordering multiples at a time, and preferably with a sale). Ive had great success with oil on top of my conditioners, with using heat from my hard top dryer, and with protein twice a month. Im so excited!

toaster

In it to win it!

I deep condition with every cowash/shampoo, so usually twice a week. Lately I've been using Pantene 2 Minute Masque and loving it.

I need a DC to be super slippy because I detangle as I apply out of the shower (this is the only time I comb my hair), moisturizing, and cheap (because I go through a LOT of product).

I usually use my HotHead for about an hour. I don't think it's actually hot for 60 minutes, but I get distracted/nap, and my hair is always warm and super soft after I DC.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm in. I will dc every two weeks when I wash my hair, alternating SM raw shea butter deep treatment masque for moisture and Joico Kpak deep penetrating reconstructor for protein. Those are the only two products I use to dc. I stick with what works and these two have never let me down. I normally dc overnight (moisture) or during the day (protein or moisture) while I'm in class with a shower cap, bonnet and beanie on lol. In April when I switch my washing schedule I'll be dc'ing every 10 days.

Duchess007

Woohoo! Back in for 2015!

I started doing overnight DCs this year and I think I'll be sticking with that. Other faves from this year that I'll be keeping in my DC regi:

Coconut milk
Egg yolk
Shea butter
Yogurt
Royal Jelly
Aloe Vera
bulking with cheapie conditioners

Looking forward to another year of DCing. Thanks for hosting, Froreal3!

ronie

Thanks for the tag.
I DC once a week, although that might change to either twice a week or once every 2 weeks. I know that sounds crazy. I am trying to see what my hair prefers this winter: more contact with water (twice a week) or to be left alone for a longer period of time.
I DC with 2 shower caps on clean damp hair, no heat for 1-2 hours. I often leave it overnight out of sheer laziness. Here is my list
Silk dreams RCA
Silk dreams shea what
Joico moisture recovery treatment balm
Carols daughter cupuacu smoothing hair mask
APB ayurvedic mud mask - prepoo only
Curl junkie repair me
Emergencee polymeric reconstructor

Will be trying/revisiting
Naturellegrow herbal blends
It's a 10 hair mask
I don't add anything to my DCers.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
My fav dcs of course are Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk and Razzberry Coconut Affair. They are highly effective and inexpensive. I am revisiting HV Sitrinillah this year. BASK YAM and Blue Roze Beauty Chai Hair Tea have also proven themselves to come along w/me in the new year.

lovelycurls

Thanks for the Tag! Will continue with my every other week routine, with random conditioners mixed with my homemade oil mixes! ....Favorite part of my hair regime

k_enitan

I am in!!!

My hair seems to be thriving with the Shea Moisture Yucca mask but I need a truly moisturizing conditioner.... so please note any recommendations will be highly appreciated.

for reference, I stumbled on the old Nexxus Humectress a while back and my hair was in love with it... it was sheer perferction; as a leave-in, as a DC (with oils). Also I used Aubrey Honeysuckle some years back and it was okay for a while but it began to feel heavy and clog up my pores. AOGPB was okay but I think with the shea moisture that would be too much protein.

My hair is 4b/c, low density, fine brittle strands and most importantly highly sensitive scalp that does not tolerate a lot of oils/heavy products.