2015 Oils,Buttas,Grease,Lotions Pomades,Cremes Challenge

caliscurls

Water and the extra moisturizing version if my EVCO, castor oil, and rosemary infused olive oil mix. The day to day version has equal parts of each, the extra moisturizing version is 1/2 EVCO the rest equal parts of the other oils.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
What did it do?
Ive been using it faithfully once per week in my prepoo a month now.

It seems to make my hair softer. Has a touch more fullness to it and a nice luster. And its not just me who thinks so. I went out with the preooo in and got like 3 compliments in the space of 3 hrs on my plain old unkempt 4c twist out. That never happens!

Hmm... wonder how it would work added to my weekday regimen....

CodeRed

Ive been using it faithfully once per week in my prepoo a month now.

It seems to make my hair softer. Has a touch more fullness to it and a nice luster. And its not just me who thinks so. I went out with the preooo in and got like 3 compliments in the space of 3 hrs on my plain old unkempt 4c twist out. That never happens!

Hmm... wonder how it would work added to my weekday regimen....

This is now in my ebay cart :lol:

Oiled hair and scalp with olive oil/cedar wood/rosemary/lavender/peppermint/white thyme/carrot oil mix last night before bed.

Did this again tonight.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used: EVOO on top of my DC'er

Will use: Marie Dean's Jojoba Oil with my Leave-In

After my Hair Dries: Siamese Twists Strawberry Coils Hair Lotion (and maybe some ED JBCO)

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
what do you put in your DIY grease?

for a 16oz jar:
8 oz avocado oil (this oil penetrates somewhat*, my fav)
4 oz fractionated coconut oil (penetrates well*)
4 oz castor oil (doesn't penetrate*)
3 tablespoons beeswax pellets (for a pomade like product, I'd use 5-6 tablespoons)

You could do it with one oil, but I like using the mix of three oils. I melt it in a makeshift double boiler, stir well, transfer to the jar and cool in the fridge or freezer.

*Scientific Blog about the penetration of oils

Last edited:

fatimablush

for a 16oz jar:
8 oz avocado oil (this oil penetrates somewhat*, my fav)
4 oz fractionated coconut oil (penetrates well*)
4 oz castor oil (doesn't penetrate*)
3 tablespoons beeswax pellets (for a pomade like product, I'd use 5-6 tablespoons)

You could do it with one oil, but I like using the mix of three oils. I melt it in a makeshift double boiler, stir well, transfer to the jar and cool in the fridge or freezer.

*Scientific Blog about the penetration of oils

thank you..

i have all of those ingredients i will try your recipe.

ResultsMayVary

How is it working for you? Do you use a leave in first?

I use a leave in, grease, then ecostyler and it works well for me.

I don't use a leave in, I apply the grease first then the gel and it's been working pretty well so far. My hair is soft and bouncy for about 2 days but by day 3 it starts to get pretty stiff.

I've been thinking of adding a leave in to see if it adds more days. How does your hair react with the leave in?